.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Airliner – None LP 7.8


                 Airliner is described as “Slow Motion Funk”. Think of Boards of Canada and imagine if they decided to dabble in funk. Yes, it is that good. While Seth Haley (better known as Com Truise) has been working with these kinds of sounds for a while, this may be the best stuff I’ve heard from him yet.

                The melodies get struck in your head. Each song sounds pristine, crystal clear. Bass-wise, it is a real treat, as he focuses mostly on the deeper sounds. So when you listen, the beats hit hard. If you have headphones, I’d strongly recommend them for this album which breezes by in its 30 minutes.

                “Everyday” sounds fantastic and is probably one of my favorites. As I listen to it, I’m kind of amazed at how perfect the sounds are. It makes me wish for more a clear blue sky to look up at as it plays. This is clearly meant for warm weather and the song positively radiates warmth. My other favorite would be the longest track on here “Illuminism”. Actually, when I hear this, I’m a bit surprised at how few electronic artists are able to capture funk properly. Usually I hear something a bit overdrawn like Dam-Funk’s work. 

                Where Airliner succeeds is with the execution and editing of these songs. Melodies are memorable, the beats are great, everything’s clear, and the bass is smooth. This may be the best thing I’ve heard from Seth Haley yet, which is saying something considering all the good work he’s done. Please give this a listen on his bandcamp.