.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Catwalk – (Please) Don’t Break Me 7.0


               Catwalk prove the 80s phenomena has moved towards the mid to late 80s.The singer’s voice brings up images of  Morrissey, with a bit of haze thrown in for good measure. With only two songs, it is a little difficult to judge exactly how they plan on moving forward with the sounds, but it sounds like promising work.

                “(Please) Don’t Break Me” has just the right amount of jangly guitar and percussion. The drums are mixed rather low, almost at a distance. However, the tambourine feels like it is right there and figures prominently in the mix. I enjoy the far away vocals, and the song itself has a pleasant, spring-time vibe to it. Now that spring has begun I can better appreciate this kind of music.

                Meanwhile, “No Room for Love” takes a more low-key approach, befitting of a B-side. It possesses lower energy. The quiet works well for it. Listening, I hear the late 80s filtered into my head. Personally, I sort of miss that kind of music so I have a bit of a bias on this sound.

                These are both solid, enjoyable songs. I want more from this California-raised band. Hopefully they'll finish up their EP releasing streak and get on top of getting us a full-length.