.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

The Zombies - Odessey & Oracle 8.9

Oh, poor Zombies! I love how my computer tells me that the album title is misspelled, had the typesetter had this helpful program, he might have kept his job. Alas, it was not meant to be anonymous stranger.

I listen to this whenever I need to relax or restore some faith in humanity. These guys really knew baroque pop so very well, and their talent shows in the complex arrangements they created. Badly Drawn Boy probably listened to this a bunch before he came out with his first album.

Really you could put the album on random and end up with something lovable. Merseybeat has never been so tenderly explored. I know this last statement is going to attract some undue anger, but go for it.

The lyrics aren’t stupid, they are similar to those great English storytellers and songwriters: that’s right the Kinks. Joyous melodies abound everywhere and the choruses are so perfect. Man, I wish these guys had enough popularity to afford an actual proofreader. Oh well, worth exploring!

Odessey and Oracle