.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

~"Max Factor: 100 Years" My 100th Post~

Follow my blog with bloglovin´
“It's an honor to be a part of such a legendary group of stars representing Max Factor, such as Rita Hayworth and Marilyn Monroe, ... I'm so excited to start working on the campaign.” -Carmen Electra

Max Factor Facts:
1) He invented lipgloss (one of Glamour Whores very favorite things in the whole wide world). He created it in 1930 for the movies.
2)He coined the term "makeup" based on the verb "to make up one's face". I literally wouldn't be a makeup artist if it wasn't for Max factor.
3)Many of Max Factor's celebrity clients appeared, UNPAID (I'm sure done out of love for the much appreciated Max Factor), in beautiful full page, color magazine ads to promote Max Factor cosmetics, so the brand "Max Factor" soon became world-renowned.
4)Mr.Factor founded his cosmetics dynasty in 1909. 100 years ago.
5)Max Factor actually started out as a wig-maker and was responsible for such looks such as Billy Burke's blond curls from her role as the Good Witch Glinda in "The Wizard of Oz" and Lucille Ball's bright red wig.
6)He was born Maximilian Factorowitz

I write this post with mixed emotions. This is my 100th post and I'm pleased with it's progress thus far and I am excited about it's/my future. That being said, I just wish my milestone post wasn't a farewell to Max Factor products. No, Max Factor is not filing for bankruptcy. The world renowned brand will just no longer be available in the US due to less than lackluster sales. And I think it's BULLSHIT!! Yes, I eloquently said "BULLSHIT".

Max Factor is as American as Apple Pie or baseball!! An Icon like Marilyn Monroe (who had her "face" done by Max Factor) and as recognizable a brand as Pepsi or Ford. Of all his inventions the one that has had the biggest impact is "Hollywood Glamour" because make no mistake about it, Max Factor is the person who brought glamour to the silver screen.

Max Factor founded the company bearing his name in 1909, 100 in years ago. The Factor family sold the company in 1973 for $500 million. In 1991 Procter and Gamble purchased the company and has owned it ever since. And they are the ones I have an issue with. Why you ask? Because it's WRONG!! As I have stated, Max Factor is an American icon and basically invented the genre of film/movie makeup, but Proctor and Gamble have decided to discontinue the brand in the US. 1.2 Billion. That's how much Max Factor earns for P&G. Wow!! However almost all of the said 1.2 billion is revenue from countries outside of the US

Although the company only has around one per cent market share in the States, I feel that P&G makes enough to keep it on the shelves in the US. Even if only out of respect.
That, unfortunately is not going to happen, the product will no longer be available as of the beginning of 2010. So if you are a fan of Max Factor products I suggest you stock up now.

Instead of saying goodbye to the oldest, most renowned cosmetics company in the world I will instead say Happy Anniversary Max Factor(1909-2009). 100 years of making people beautiful and glamorous!!

100Years of Fabulous Ad Campaigns:



Kisses Bitches...
Glamour Whore...xoxo