InsiderApps
Jun 23, 02:10 PM
I'll be there from 7am, I hope there are other people going!
matt3526
Apr 19, 03:19 AM
Mine are attached. Base 15" 2011 mbp
Edit: Ignore where it says 1GB ram installed. Screens taken from VMware
Edit: Ignore where it says 1GB ram installed. Screens taken from VMware
Kyffin
Apr 7, 12:36 PM
Bristol Fighter, yaeh!
You can have it up to 1000 bhp and still take it down the shops. If I can get one before middle age it'll be in orange, otherwise I'll have it in grey (a la Porsche Sport Classic)
You can have it up to 1000 bhp and still take it down the shops. If I can get one before middle age it'll be in orange, otherwise I'll have it in grey (a la Porsche Sport Classic)
tigres
Mar 27, 03:51 PM
I do understand law.
In civil court....you are correct. In criminal court...no dice. In a criminal court the prosector has to prove that the defendant has violated the LETTER OF LAW. Clearly the seller didn't in this case.
Civil court judges have much more freedom to interpret law (and intent) than criminal.
I think the seller did violate the law.
Description says Verizon.
Picture is an AT&T iPhone.
In civil court....you are correct. In criminal court...no dice. In a criminal court the prosector has to prove that the defendant has violated the LETTER OF LAW. Clearly the seller didn't in this case.
Civil court judges have much more freedom to interpret law (and intent) than criminal.
I think the seller did violate the law.
Description says Verizon.
Picture is an AT&T iPhone.
more...
tick1
Sep 2, 07:33 PM
New Iphone user, Please Help, Iphone 3GS can not restore any ipsw, Error 3194.
Iphone ver.3.1.2 (jailbreak) bootRom?
After WiFi stop recognized network, I choose to reset Iphone network?
After Iphone reset, I tried run with blackra1n version RC3,
From that time I can not restore any IPSW files. It gave an Error 3194 or see below log messages.
2010-08-25 08:15:09.134 [2952:ca8]: restore library built Jun 8 2010 at 18:17:31
2010-08-25 08:15:09.134 [2952:ca8]: iTunes: iTunes 9.2.1.5
2010-08-25 08:15:09.134 [2952:ca8]: iTunes: Software payload version: 7E18 (option key)
2010-08-25 08:15:09.165 [2952:ffc]: iTunes: Specifying UOI boot image
2010-08-25 08:15:09.165 [2952:ffc]: requested restore behavior: Erase
2010-08-25 08:15:09.181 [2952:ffc]: amai: AMAuthInstallPlatformCreateDataFromFileURL: can't resolve file
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: amai: tss_submit_job: error from server=94 (This device isn't eligible for the requested build.)
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: amai: kAMAuthInstallRequestCacheLocalizedTssError: cached server error text: (3194) This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: amai: AMAuthInstallRequestSendSync: failed tss submission: This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: amai: AMAuthInstallBundlePersonalizePartial: server request error: This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: failed to personalize the restore bundle: This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: AMRAuthInstallDeletePersonalizedBundle
2010-08-25 08:15:58.024 [2952:ffc]: removed personalized bundle
2010-08-25 08:15:58.024 [2952:ffc]: AMRecoveryModeDeviceCopyAuthInstallPreflightOptions: failed to personalize bundle
2010-08-25 08:15:58.509 [2952:ca8]: iTunes: Restore error 3194
2010-08-25 08:15:58.509 [2952:ca8]: AMRAuthInstallGetLocalizedStringForServerError: no cached text for tss error code 3194
Iphone ver.3.1.2 (jailbreak) bootRom?
After WiFi stop recognized network, I choose to reset Iphone network?
After Iphone reset, I tried run with blackra1n version RC3,
From that time I can not restore any IPSW files. It gave an Error 3194 or see below log messages.
2010-08-25 08:15:09.134 [2952:ca8]: restore library built Jun 8 2010 at 18:17:31
2010-08-25 08:15:09.134 [2952:ca8]: iTunes: iTunes 9.2.1.5
2010-08-25 08:15:09.134 [2952:ca8]: iTunes: Software payload version: 7E18 (option key)
2010-08-25 08:15:09.165 [2952:ffc]: iTunes: Specifying UOI boot image
2010-08-25 08:15:09.165 [2952:ffc]: requested restore behavior: Erase
2010-08-25 08:15:09.181 [2952:ffc]: amai: AMAuthInstallPlatformCreateDataFromFileURL: can't resolve file
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: amai: tss_submit_job: error from server=94 (This device isn't eligible for the requested build.)
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: amai: kAMAuthInstallRequestCacheLocalizedTssError: cached server error text: (3194) This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: amai: AMAuthInstallRequestSendSync: failed tss submission: This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: amai: AMAuthInstallBundlePersonalizePartial: server request error: This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: failed to personalize the restore bundle: This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
2010-08-25 08:15:57.837 [2952:ffc]: AMRAuthInstallDeletePersonalizedBundle
2010-08-25 08:15:58.024 [2952:ffc]: removed personalized bundle
2010-08-25 08:15:58.024 [2952:ffc]: AMRecoveryModeDeviceCopyAuthInstallPreflightOptions: failed to personalize bundle
2010-08-25 08:15:58.509 [2952:ca8]: iTunes: Restore error 3194
2010-08-25 08:15:58.509 [2952:ca8]: AMRAuthInstallGetLocalizedStringForServerError: no cached text for tss error code 3194

rugby
Sep 4, 02:15 PM
I was browsing Amazon.com's monitor section looking for reviews of Apple's 17" lcd screen and I found this. Hmmm.....
more...

Mochi Hana
Oct 11, 11:01 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/33duixg.jpg
i need to buy candy bar :(
Where did you find that cool wallpaper?
i need to buy candy bar :(
Where did you find that cool wallpaper?
Medinarem
Feb 9, 12:24 PM
Att on facebook said you must on the Att nation 450 &900 or the family 700 or higher to qualify and it's not cost additional for the service.
more...
mr.steevo
Apr 7, 01:54 PM
This must be the William Hung of game Apps.
Everyone knows it stinks but they buy it anyway...
Everyone knows it stinks but they buy it anyway...
AaronEdwards
Apr 28, 07:11 AM
It would be really weird if Pegatron don't get a lot more information, and sooner, about Apple's product cycle than people reading tech blogs. The earlier released expected numbers were most likely already based on a new iPhone being released later this year.
Also, potential buyers of iPhones aren't scouring tech blogs for rumors about when the next iPhone will be launched. Nor do I see salespersons advice them to wait until September.
Also, potential buyers of iPhones aren't scouring tech blogs for rumors about when the next iPhone will be launched. Nor do I see salespersons advice them to wait until September.
more...
FreeState
Apr 15, 03:32 AM
I always find it fascinating when people who are not gay tell gay people that words that have been used to demean and dehumanize them for generations are not offensive or have evolved to mean something else.
Fascinating and discsusting actually.
Fascinating and discsusting actually.
rien333
Apr 2, 06:31 AM
Here is mine:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2gtd6qx.png
http://i54.tinypic.com/2gtd6qx.png
more...
MacFly123
Mar 23, 02:15 PM
I'll always remember Serlet for his hilarious presentation of Mac OS X Tiger at WWDC.. "Redmond, start your photocopiers" :)
Haha, ya. The Snow Leopard intro was pretty funny too!
He cracks me up, he has a very asymmetrical face hehe :)
I seem to recall Craig Federighi demoing Mac OS X Lion and he did a good job. Slightly nervous shaky hands but a watchable presenter.
He got nervous because the gestures for Lion don't work very well on the Magic Mouse. Go back and watch it, he was fine up until that point!
I was sitting there thinking... great, the gestures don't even work for them, how practical or they going to be for everyone when Lion is released? I think they are going to push hard toward the Magic TrackPad from now on. That is fine for casual use, but not when I am doing my pro work like making movies and media etc. :(
They really need to redesign the Magic Mouse to give you more gesture area if it is going to stick around! It is just not practical for anything above 2 fingers, and even that is iffy sometimes!
Haha, ya. The Snow Leopard intro was pretty funny too!
He cracks me up, he has a very asymmetrical face hehe :)
I seem to recall Craig Federighi demoing Mac OS X Lion and he did a good job. Slightly nervous shaky hands but a watchable presenter.
He got nervous because the gestures for Lion don't work very well on the Magic Mouse. Go back and watch it, he was fine up until that point!
I was sitting there thinking... great, the gestures don't even work for them, how practical or they going to be for everyone when Lion is released? I think they are going to push hard toward the Magic TrackPad from now on. That is fine for casual use, but not when I am doing my pro work like making movies and media etc. :(
They really need to redesign the Magic Mouse to give you more gesture area if it is going to stick around! It is just not practical for anything above 2 fingers, and even that is iffy sometimes!
alexbasson
Apr 6, 02:08 PM
I think it's funny all the comments about "is that enough?" I think this proves two things...
1. Most people don't quite understand just how much a million/billion/trillion of something is.
2. People think that this 12PB amount must have been decided upon arbitrarily, as if Apple didn't do a crapload of research to decide what a good starting amount would be.
Here's another good visual representation of trillion, in dollars:
What does a trillion dollars look like? (http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html)
Here's what I understand about how much 12 PB is: My own video/music collection is a shade over 3 TB. That's .025% of 12 PB, and that's not taking RAID or similar backup/redundancy solutions into account. Considering how many movies and TV shows I don't own, 12 PB doesn't seem like all that much to me, if you're trying to be a media provider.
I'm generally inclined to trust that Apple knows what it's doing, and I'm sure they did their research well. When I wonder if this will be "enough", this implies that I have some expectations, or at the least hopes, for Apple's plans for this storage capacity. Point being: 12 PB may not be enough for what I'm hoping Apple will offer in the near future, which implies that Apple may not be planning what I'd hoped they were planning.
1. Most people don't quite understand just how much a million/billion/trillion of something is.
2. People think that this 12PB amount must have been decided upon arbitrarily, as if Apple didn't do a crapload of research to decide what a good starting amount would be.
Here's another good visual representation of trillion, in dollars:
What does a trillion dollars look like? (http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html)
Here's what I understand about how much 12 PB is: My own video/music collection is a shade over 3 TB. That's .025% of 12 PB, and that's not taking RAID or similar backup/redundancy solutions into account. Considering how many movies and TV shows I don't own, 12 PB doesn't seem like all that much to me, if you're trying to be a media provider.
I'm generally inclined to trust that Apple knows what it's doing, and I'm sure they did their research well. When I wonder if this will be "enough", this implies that I have some expectations, or at the least hopes, for Apple's plans for this storage capacity. Point being: 12 PB may not be enough for what I'm hoping Apple will offer in the near future, which implies that Apple may not be planning what I'd hoped they were planning.
more...
powermac_daddy
Oct 31, 02:34 PM
make it 3.
citizenzen
Mar 20, 10:48 AM
... As I'm going through my folders in search of the files he starts getting flustered and belittling. ...
Besides pricing yourself too low and underestimating the time needed to pull-off a project, I picked up on this (your quote).
If you're going to be a professional graphic designer, it's time you got your filing/archiving system down. As you saw on that phone call, a little fumbling around and disorganization doesn't reflect wel and gives your nightmare clients the opportunity to belittle you. Don't give them that opportunity. Be organized.
One final thing. Phone time is meeting time. Meeting time is billable. Especially when the phone calls are over 1/3 of your billable time.
And good luck with the career. :)
Besides pricing yourself too low and underestimating the time needed to pull-off a project, I picked up on this (your quote).
If you're going to be a professional graphic designer, it's time you got your filing/archiving system down. As you saw on that phone call, a little fumbling around and disorganization doesn't reflect wel and gives your nightmare clients the opportunity to belittle you. Don't give them that opportunity. Be organized.
One final thing. Phone time is meeting time. Meeting time is billable. Especially when the phone calls are over 1/3 of your billable time.
And good luck with the career. :)
more...
HPLouis
Feb 11, 07:36 AM
Can anybody tell me for sure if I will lose all my rollover minutes if I make the change online? I have 5 lines on a family plan and I know that I have to make the change on all 5 lines manually which I am ok with. Can somebody verify for me that nothing will change on my account such as losing rollover mins, losing corporate FAN discount, losing anything else? I simply want to change Unlimited family text to unlimited family text plus unlimited any M2M. Whenever I do an online chat with a rep or call, they always tell me I need to 'update' my plan or something (I am on a family talk 1400 plan). I don't see a reason for this but they always tell me when I 'update', i'll lose all my rollover mins so I have not 'updated'....obviously and no ill effects as of yet.
I did the same thing you did. I went from a 1400 minute plan to a 700 minute plan. I had 11,383 rollover minutes. I spoke to the rep and asked her very politely if she can help me out. She said that I will only have 700 rollover minutes after dropping my plan down. I asked again, and this time I practically begged her for help. She said that reps are authorized to give up to 5,000 rollover minutes for a customer in good standing.
She then gave me 5,000 minutes and I was happy with that.
Henry
I did the same thing you did. I went from a 1400 minute plan to a 700 minute plan. I had 11,383 rollover minutes. I spoke to the rep and asked her very politely if she can help me out. She said that I will only have 700 rollover minutes after dropping my plan down. I asked again, and this time I practically begged her for help. She said that reps are authorized to give up to 5,000 rollover minutes for a customer in good standing.
She then gave me 5,000 minutes and I was happy with that.
Henry
59031
Oct 5, 10:44 PM
Sounds awesome, but I'll still stick with Camino until Safari speeds up a bit and is more stable. Those were my only two issues.
Fishes,
narco.
HUH? Camino is slow as ****!
Fishes,
narco.
HUH? Camino is slow as ****!
Transporteur
Apr 24, 04:03 PM
Datsun 240z:
What the heck is that? Cheap 1968 Mustang Fastback mockup? :confused:
What the heck is that? Cheap 1968 Mustang Fastback mockup? :confused:
Ashmanspice
Jun 22, 10:53 AM
Yeah I was thinking division street plus I don't think the meadow hall store is opening early.
Thinking about heading down for 7am..
Thinking about heading down for 7am..
heyp
Oct 9, 04:40 PM
i have to reply again:
i'm really liking this app!! it's super fast and i love the fact that i can choose from a list of my friends to send an @ to multiple peeps (like bandmates, project members, etc.)
the only thing that seems VERY slow is the initial linking to the phones addy app...
is everyone having the same problem with that? when i hit the addy card on someone's profile, it takes about 20-30 seconds until it transfers to the iphone's addy app.
it's pretty quick for me, but i'm not a big fan how it changes their name and if you already have an image tied to that person, it will overwrite it with their twitter pic
i'm really liking this app!! it's super fast and i love the fact that i can choose from a list of my friends to send an @ to multiple peeps (like bandmates, project members, etc.)
the only thing that seems VERY slow is the initial linking to the phones addy app...
is everyone having the same problem with that? when i hit the addy card on someone's profile, it takes about 20-30 seconds until it transfers to the iphone's addy app.
it's pretty quick for me, but i'm not a big fan how it changes their name and if you already have an image tied to that person, it will overwrite it with their twitter pic
R.Perez
Mar 16, 11:24 PM
Rape is about power and domination. Not about sex. it does not matter one f..ing bit what any woman was wearing.
Apple OC
Mar 28, 03:10 PM
Contract Termination By Fraud
A contract can be terminated by what is referred to as "fraud in the inducement." Fraud in the inducement occurs where a party intentionally misleads the other party into entering the contract. For example, a party lies about the subject of the contract and the other party relies upon the statement and agrees to the contract. This misleading action can terminate the contract.
Do us all a favor and stay in school. You aren't going anywhere in the real world as a lawyer.
G'day.
well said iApples ... this guy StratocasterDan seems to think he is smart ... he has a lot to learn in life
A contract can be terminated by what is referred to as "fraud in the inducement." Fraud in the inducement occurs where a party intentionally misleads the other party into entering the contract. For example, a party lies about the subject of the contract and the other party relies upon the statement and agrees to the contract. This misleading action can terminate the contract.
Do us all a favor and stay in school. You aren't going anywhere in the real world as a lawyer.
G'day.
well said iApples ... this guy StratocasterDan seems to think he is smart ... he has a lot to learn in life
hulugu
Apr 5, 10:41 PM
There seems to be a lot of confusion between morality and reality in this thread. Let me give a real life experience as example and comparison....
I don't have all the details, so I won't comment further on this unfortunate rape and please don't misinterpret that I am saying theft compares to rape. My point is that each of us can take steps to protect ourselves. Will taking these steps guarantee our safety, no, but they can certainly minimize risk.
I agree, but there's a vast difference between trying to 'minimize risk' and the post below:
...If a man sees a woman with a low top, lots of cleavage showing, high skirts and heels, then he will view her as trash.....
Which acts as a kind of justification.
Your comparison isn't apt. If you're wearing gold chains and bracelets and hundred dollar bills sticking out of your pockets, yes it would increase your chances of being mugged.
I would argue that flashing cash is worse in terms of risk than wearing a suit, but that depends on the neighborhood and the suit. A well-dressed Wall Street-type in a chicano neighborhood is running a higher risk than the vato with a thick bank roll. However, Gelfin's comparison remains, as Lord Blackadder noted, apt.
Neither man deserves to be robbed and moreover no one will try to argue some mitigating circumstances for the attacker. However, in rape cases, the woman's behavior can become part of an argument to remove some guilt from the attacker.
The defense for rapists is wholly different than the defense for robbers because the first tries to envelop the victim as some kind of co-conspirator with the accused.
I don't have all the details, so I won't comment further on this unfortunate rape and please don't misinterpret that I am saying theft compares to rape. My point is that each of us can take steps to protect ourselves. Will taking these steps guarantee our safety, no, but they can certainly minimize risk.
I agree, but there's a vast difference between trying to 'minimize risk' and the post below:
...If a man sees a woman with a low top, lots of cleavage showing, high skirts and heels, then he will view her as trash.....
Which acts as a kind of justification.
Your comparison isn't apt. If you're wearing gold chains and bracelets and hundred dollar bills sticking out of your pockets, yes it would increase your chances of being mugged.
I would argue that flashing cash is worse in terms of risk than wearing a suit, but that depends on the neighborhood and the suit. A well-dressed Wall Street-type in a chicano neighborhood is running a higher risk than the vato with a thick bank roll. However, Gelfin's comparison remains, as Lord Blackadder noted, apt.
Neither man deserves to be robbed and moreover no one will try to argue some mitigating circumstances for the attacker. However, in rape cases, the woman's behavior can become part of an argument to remove some guilt from the attacker.
The defense for rapists is wholly different than the defense for robbers because the first tries to envelop the victim as some kind of co-conspirator with the accused.


