
wellwishergc
04-05 08:01 AM
Thank you for starting this thread.
I still feel that we need a separate bill for legal immigration or some amendments to the existing law to ease our plight. Clubbing us together with issues of 'undocumented workers' have two possible outcomes:
1) The bill does not clear at all. If there is so much resistance to the bill in the senate, imagine the resistance that it will receive in the house and the various voting processes that it has to go through.
2) The bill clears along with the provisions for the 'undocumented workers'. The USCIS is understaffed to handle the rush of applications that will flow in due to the passage of the bill, making the backlogs much more time-consuming than what it is today. Even though there would be enough visa numbers available, the wait times will nullify any mileage that is gained for legal immigration through the bill.
I think, passage of Frist bill with no 'guest worker' provisions for 'undocumented workers' or a separate bill altogether dedicated to legal immigration provisions are our safest bets.
Any thoughts?
All,
I posted another thread asking folks to thank core members for their sacrifice and great leadership. But at the same time few members like to "excercise their
freedom of voice" & We should all agree that constructive debate & sometimes criticism brings in new ideas and better path.
We should define ground rules for ourselves which will lead to efficient use of core members time:
1) Ensure that we make every effort to find answer before asking question/suggestion/complaint.
2) Keep one long thread without duplication.
3) Understand that Core members have job/family , so they have limited bandwidth .. please exercise patience.
4) Maintain civil constructive discourse, Which has a referanceble information if You want to send a link to a lawmaker or any other authority/influencer/potential volunteer or help someone become a wellwisher.
5) Understand the limitations of IV/lobbyist , So help them to make things happen & don't expect gurantees.
6) Never use derogatory remarks, even against proven distractors.
7) Please put forward only genuine concerns clearly to avoid misunderstanding
8) Ignore "whiners", But fully respect people with genuine concern/objection.
9) Please put forward only thoughts relevent to scope of current forum/discussion..
.. eg. "Discussing the gramatical mistake of someone's message is not relavent to this forum .." .
10) Always keep in mind that this is public forum , so It is our responsibility to show ourselves collectively in positive light
by not only passionate for our cause , But also professional in our responses.
Please add other ground rules, So that we can have a good platform to discuss our issues and influence the working of IV to begin with & US congress eventually.Thisshould be good forum for members like me, who can't fully participate because of demanding schedule, others please participate other ways too.
I still feel that we need a separate bill for legal immigration or some amendments to the existing law to ease our plight. Clubbing us together with issues of 'undocumented workers' have two possible outcomes:
1) The bill does not clear at all. If there is so much resistance to the bill in the senate, imagine the resistance that it will receive in the house and the various voting processes that it has to go through.
2) The bill clears along with the provisions for the 'undocumented workers'. The USCIS is understaffed to handle the rush of applications that will flow in due to the passage of the bill, making the backlogs much more time-consuming than what it is today. Even though there would be enough visa numbers available, the wait times will nullify any mileage that is gained for legal immigration through the bill.
I think, passage of Frist bill with no 'guest worker' provisions for 'undocumented workers' or a separate bill altogether dedicated to legal immigration provisions are our safest bets.
Any thoughts?
All,
I posted another thread asking folks to thank core members for their sacrifice and great leadership. But at the same time few members like to "excercise their
freedom of voice" & We should all agree that constructive debate & sometimes criticism brings in new ideas and better path.
We should define ground rules for ourselves which will lead to efficient use of core members time:
1) Ensure that we make every effort to find answer before asking question/suggestion/complaint.
2) Keep one long thread without duplication.
3) Understand that Core members have job/family , so they have limited bandwidth .. please exercise patience.
4) Maintain civil constructive discourse, Which has a referanceble information if You want to send a link to a lawmaker or any other authority/influencer/potential volunteer or help someone become a wellwisher.
5) Understand the limitations of IV/lobbyist , So help them to make things happen & don't expect gurantees.
6) Never use derogatory remarks, even against proven distractors.
7) Please put forward only genuine concerns clearly to avoid misunderstanding
8) Ignore "whiners", But fully respect people with genuine concern/objection.
9) Please put forward only thoughts relevent to scope of current forum/discussion..
.. eg. "Discussing the gramatical mistake of someone's message is not relavent to this forum .." .
10) Always keep in mind that this is public forum , so It is our responsibility to show ourselves collectively in positive light
by not only passionate for our cause , But also professional in our responses.
Please add other ground rules, So that we can have a good platform to discuss our issues and influence the working of IV to begin with & US congress eventually.Thisshould be good forum for members like me, who can't fully participate because of demanding schedule, others please participate other ways too.
wallpaper for apple Clip-art
logiclife
03-22 08:02 PM
Sorry, but the agenda is already set for legislative and administrative goals of IV. Greencards for spouses of greencard holders is a painful problem and we understand that but this site and this org is specifically created and funded for relief to employment based immigration.
Thanks,
--Jay.
Thanks,
--Jay.
sdrblr
08-21 02:33 PM
The dates in the first couple of sentences are all messed up ( came to US through Company A in June 2007 and was with them until Dec 2006...........I joined Company B in Jan of 2007(change of H1) and was with them until April of 2007. )
It would help to answer if you can correct the dates.
I received an RFE from USCIS 10 days after the date on the letter and need to respond in 33 days.
I came to US through Company A in June 2007 and was with them until Dec 2006. This Company A had applied for my labor and I140 and both of them were approved through them. I joined Company B in Jan of 2007(change of H1) and was with them until April of 2007. I joined Company C in April 2007(change of H1) and been with them since. Company C would not do my GC.
During the July 2007 fiasco, Company A agreed to give me an offer letter that I submitted with my 485 application and my attorney (a good reputed one) mentioned in the application that I was working for company C.
I got an RFE now stating that I did not send my sealed medical exam which I had done and we have a scan of what was sent. They also want �a current letter of employment attesting to your offer of proposed employment. This letter should be written on the company�s official letterhead and cite the date you will begin working, whether the position is temporary or permanent , a description of the position, a description of the position that you currently hold for the company (if any), and offered salary�
Is this RFE bad? Now my attorney suggests that since I had filed 485 through company A and I did not really invoke AC21 that I should give a new offer letter from Company A (they are willing to give one). My question is if I do that will there be further questions? The company I work for is a bigger one and Company A is really a body shopper, so I want to go with the letter from the current company. Also since it more than 2 years since I applied for 485 can I say I invoked AC 21? When can I disassociate myself from company A as I do not want to lose my current job.
I would like the attorneys or the members valuable help. Please do offer your opinions. Thank you all in advance.
It would help to answer if you can correct the dates.
I received an RFE from USCIS 10 days after the date on the letter and need to respond in 33 days.
I came to US through Company A in June 2007 and was with them until Dec 2006. This Company A had applied for my labor and I140 and both of them were approved through them. I joined Company B in Jan of 2007(change of H1) and was with them until April of 2007. I joined Company C in April 2007(change of H1) and been with them since. Company C would not do my GC.
During the July 2007 fiasco, Company A agreed to give me an offer letter that I submitted with my 485 application and my attorney (a good reputed one) mentioned in the application that I was working for company C.
I got an RFE now stating that I did not send my sealed medical exam which I had done and we have a scan of what was sent. They also want �a current letter of employment attesting to your offer of proposed employment. This letter should be written on the company�s official letterhead and cite the date you will begin working, whether the position is temporary or permanent , a description of the position, a description of the position that you currently hold for the company (if any), and offered salary�
Is this RFE bad? Now my attorney suggests that since I had filed 485 through company A and I did not really invoke AC21 that I should give a new offer letter from Company A (they are willing to give one). My question is if I do that will there be further questions? The company I work for is a bigger one and Company A is really a body shopper, so I want to go with the letter from the current company. Also since it more than 2 years since I applied for 485 can I say I invoked AC 21? When can I disassociate myself from company A as I do not want to lose my current job.
I would like the attorneys or the members valuable help. Please do offer your opinions. Thank you all in advance.
2011 thank you clip art free. thank
transpass
02-19 05:44 PM
Your lawyer does not know what he is talking about. There is no need to do anything. If you were on H1-B and still working at the same company, you are still under H1-B not under EAD no matter how you entered the USA.
You will lose H1B status if and ONLY IF, you use EAD.
AP is only a re-entry permit and has no effect on your immigration status.
Vivek Dude, I don't know about that...
After speaking to my lawyer, it is my understanding that when you use EAD or AP, you are no longer on H1 and it is considered AOS. However, you can reapply for H1 after you use your AP...As far as I know AP does have an affect on your immigration status...Please someone correct me if you know for sure that AP does not affect H1/H4 status...
For the OP, please consult with other lawyers or chat with someone on free immigration lawyer chat forums...
You will lose H1B status if and ONLY IF, you use EAD.
AP is only a re-entry permit and has no effect on your immigration status.
Vivek Dude, I don't know about that...
After speaking to my lawyer, it is my understanding that when you use EAD or AP, you are no longer on H1 and it is considered AOS. However, you can reapply for H1 after you use your AP...As far as I know AP does have an affect on your immigration status...Please someone correct me if you know for sure that AP does not affect H1/H4 status...
For the OP, please consult with other lawyers or chat with someone on free immigration lawyer chat forums...
more...
indianabacklog
12-04 03:40 PM
I fail to see why these cases you are referring to are any worse off than many others.
I filed my I485 in May 2007, have been current for more than a third of the interim period and still waiting.
I have filed two service requests, two congressional enquiries and nothing. So have other people and it has not helped them either.
We are all in a black hole hoping for our cases to see the light of day some time just like the WAC cases you refer to.
I filed my I485 in May 2007, have been current for more than a third of the interim period and still waiting.
I have filed two service requests, two congressional enquiries and nothing. So have other people and it has not helped them either.
We are all in a black hole hoping for our cases to see the light of day some time just like the WAC cases you refer to.
LondonTown
01-08 01:02 PM
I had my interview on the 30th and my passport has not been delivered yet. The VFS website says that the passport has not been handed over to them as of today. I was not given any 221g slip/form and the VO told me that i should be getting my PP in 5 days, it's been a week now and VFS hasn't got the PP yet. Is there something i should be worried about? I have my return ticket booked for next weekend and i am getting a bit nervous about the whole scenario. Does anyone know if there is any other way to get in touch with the New Delhi consulate?
Thanks.
We were exactly in the same situation few months ago. We were told that our visas have been issued and we will get our passports within 5-7 days (no 221g at the time of the interview). After 5 days when we contacted VFS they said wait upto 7 business days. I waited and then they gave me the number of the embassy. When we contacted embassy they said that an email has been sent to me asking more documents but we did not get any emails. We asked them to resend and after 3 days of our request we got their email with a soft copy of 221g(green).
We wish that similar thing may not happen with anyone as we know the tension of going thru it.
I would suggest that you call Embassy instead of calling VFS to get the real status. VFS will just tell if they got the passport or not. They can not tell you the reason.
Good Luck.
Thanks.
We were exactly in the same situation few months ago. We were told that our visas have been issued and we will get our passports within 5-7 days (no 221g at the time of the interview). After 5 days when we contacted VFS they said wait upto 7 business days. I waited and then they gave me the number of the embassy. When we contacted embassy they said that an email has been sent to me asking more documents but we did not get any emails. We asked them to resend and after 3 days of our request we got their email with a soft copy of 221g(green).
We wish that similar thing may not happen with anyone as we know the tension of going thru it.
I would suggest that you call Embassy instead of calling VFS to get the real status. VFS will just tell if they got the passport or not. They can not tell you the reason.
Good Luck.
more...
akhilmahajan
01-21 12:26 PM
There are 2 different dates: Notice and Receipt Date.
Receipt date is when they got it, which in your case is July 30th. This date is used to count 180 days for your 485 File date.
Notice Date is the date when they entered the information in to their system, which in your case is September 5th. This date is used for processing dates and all.
I hope this helps.
Receipt date is when they got it, which in your case is July 30th. This date is used to count 180 days for your 485 File date.
Notice Date is the date when they entered the information in to their system, which in your case is September 5th. This date is used for processing dates and all.
I hope this helps.
2010 free clip art easter eggs.
.soulty
04-29 01:34 PM
Great work guys !! :!: All are really good , but i still like Ironikart the most out of all of them. The way you gave the robot a humours characteristics with eyes and eyebrows won me over, great character building skills :)
more...
vivid_bharti
07-13 02:30 PM
inn amendments ko chatega ? yaa poojegaa ?
Great news! The Hatch widows bill (which removes the requirement that a couple must have been married for two years before a US citizen dies) passed and included in that bill were provisions extending the religious worker green card program and the Conrad 30 J-1 physician waiver program. Each of these programs were extended for three years. The EB-5 regional center program for immigrant investors was permanently reauthorized by the Senate yesterday. The House must agree to these amendments before they go to the President and I do not yet know whether the bill will go back to the House...
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/07/proimmigration-amendment-added-to-senates-dhs-spending-bill.html)
Great news! The Hatch widows bill (which removes the requirement that a couple must have been married for two years before a US citizen dies) passed and included in that bill were provisions extending the religious worker green card program and the Conrad 30 J-1 physician waiver program. Each of these programs were extended for three years. The EB-5 regional center program for immigrant investors was permanently reauthorized by the Senate yesterday. The House must agree to these amendments before they go to the President and I do not yet know whether the bill will go back to the House...
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/07/proimmigration-amendment-added-to-senates-dhs-spending-bill.html)
hair of royalty-free clipart

lagsam
12-17 03:35 PM
There is no problem re-entering with a valid AP, even if the validity date is the day you re-enter.
You will have a problem if your AP is expired. My daughter came back with just one month on her AP and she was stamped with extra 6 months on I-94. But I don't know the reason for that.
You will have a problem if your AP is expired. My daughter came back with just one month on her AP and she was stamped with extra 6 months on I-94. But I don't know the reason for that.
more...
ItIsNotFunny
02-21 08:06 AM
How can you use I-140 from Company A and 485 from Company B. I think you can't do it.
But I think you can use AC21 with Company B as 180 days has crossed after filing 485 and your I-140 is pending. This is very risky.
I would suggest you to consult an Attorney before taking any decision.
485 is not based on any company....
But I think you can use AC21 with Company B as 180 days has crossed after filing 485 and your I-140 is pending. This is very risky.
I would suggest you to consult an Attorney before taking any decision.
485 is not based on any company....
hot you clipart art,free criss
nat23
03-09 02:06 PM
Hi nat23,
Thank you very much for your reply.
Currently i am not enrolled into any company benefits like Health Insurnace etc as i have those benefits from my spose company.
This company said that they are paying thier attorney firm 5200$ for H1b and i am not paying anything.
For this 5 months, i will be H4 and will not get paied by this company.
Question is:
1. Can the company now apply and pay for H1b for Oct 1st start date and then later can they tell me not to hire me anymore?
If the company wants they can do it. Nothing can stop them from doing. However, its common sense they wouldnt unless they have a very compelling reason as they are spending 5 grand on it.
2. Can mutiple employers file for h1B with same start date of Oct 1st?
If yes, then i would start looking for other jobs as my backup H1b jobs.
From what I know the answer is Yes. However, I would recommend you talk to someone else about it as well.
Please advise. Much appreciated - thanks
Hope this helps. I wouldnt be worried too much if they are sponsoring my H1.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Currently i am not enrolled into any company benefits like Health Insurnace etc as i have those benefits from my spose company.
This company said that they are paying thier attorney firm 5200$ for H1b and i am not paying anything.
For this 5 months, i will be H4 and will not get paied by this company.
Question is:
1. Can the company now apply and pay for H1b for Oct 1st start date and then later can they tell me not to hire me anymore?
If the company wants they can do it. Nothing can stop them from doing. However, its common sense they wouldnt unless they have a very compelling reason as they are spending 5 grand on it.
2. Can mutiple employers file for h1B with same start date of Oct 1st?
If yes, then i would start looking for other jobs as my backup H1b jobs.
From what I know the answer is Yes. However, I would recommend you talk to someone else about it as well.
Please advise. Much appreciated - thanks
Hope this helps. I wouldnt be worried too much if they are sponsoring my H1.
more...
house Happy Birthday Free Clip Art
pitha
07-11 11:49 AM
we made our point, lets move on to the next thing, which might be contacting senators, making them aware of our issues and showing them to coverage of flower campaign in NYTIMES, washington post, reuters etc,
tattoo free clip art food,
Lacris
08-09 10:41 PM
I was wondering if we could have on this site some reliable information about the most important aspects of GC processing. People are posting a lot all the time and asking the same things all over again, and while many answers are pertinent, we must realize not everyone knows the laws and rules.Not to mention how much time it takes to search the threads and find what you want to know. If there was a place where they could lookup the information they need and this information would be provided by knowledgeable persons, like admins or moderators, not other members, maybe we could avoid having so many threads and posts.I understand that would involve some effort, but in the end there would not be so much need to go thru all the posts and make sure people are not misleading others or create panic.
Of course, this is stil a forum and it's only natural to have people expressing themselves, but maybe in that situation they would not have to post so much and use the space on the servers.
Thank you
Of course, this is stil a forum and it's only natural to have people expressing themselves, but maybe in that situation they would not have to post so much and use the space on the servers.
Thank you
more...
pictures spring clip art borders free.
jliechty
July 5th, 2006, 07:57 PM
You're aware of the metering limitations (or really, none at all) of the D70 with manual focus lenses, and if you're set on outboard metering, you won't be affected. 6MP vs 10MP isn't that big of a difference until you start printing large (I'd say something greater than 11x17, but that depends on subject matter and personal taste). The D200's viewfinder is much better than the D70's, in my opinion from having used both (but unfortunately not side by side). The build quality is better, but I think both cameras would stand more rain than the average photographer (if you love standing in a downpour for hours, you're the exception, and you should get a waterproof bag no matter what camera you choose ; ).
I wouldn't worry so much about "outdated" technology. The D70 still takes great pictures, so don't let anyone convince you that it would be like driving a 25 year old beat-up car. While I'd just get the D200 (err, uh, I already did), if the expense is a concern, or if you don't need the features of the D200 but aren't sure if the D70 would be enough, consider these possibilities:
Try a D70 and a D1h - those two bodies used would together cost less than a D200, and would give you a camera for high resolution work and another for high speed/high ISO with better build quality, viewfinder, etc. albeit lower resolution and battery life.
Alternately, a slightly less expensive choice would be to get a single D1x. This gives the build quality advantages of the D1h along with as good of (or sometimes better) resolution as the D70, although battery performance would be lacking (you'd need two or three batteries for a full day of shooting, depending on LCD usage). The D1 series is capable of using center weighted and spot metering with AIS lenses, though matrix metering is disabled (the D200 can do matrix metering as well, when the lens data has been entered manually).
I wouldn't worry so much about "outdated" technology. The D70 still takes great pictures, so don't let anyone convince you that it would be like driving a 25 year old beat-up car. While I'd just get the D200 (err, uh, I already did), if the expense is a concern, or if you don't need the features of the D200 but aren't sure if the D70 would be enough, consider these possibilities:
Try a D70 and a D1h - those two bodies used would together cost less than a D200, and would give you a camera for high resolution work and another for high speed/high ISO with better build quality, viewfinder, etc. albeit lower resolution and battery life.
Alternately, a slightly less expensive choice would be to get a single D1x. This gives the build quality advantages of the D1h along with as good of (or sometimes better) resolution as the D70, although battery performance would be lacking (you'd need two or three batteries for a full day of shooting, depending on LCD usage). The D1 series is capable of using center weighted and spot metering with AIS lenses, though matrix metering is disabled (the D200 can do matrix metering as well, when the lens data has been entered manually).
dresses vector clip art apple
priderock
04-27 12:20 PM
I think, Radioshack CEO resigned recently after some one exposed about the lies on resume about the education.
more...
makeup free clip art, apple last
luckylavs
07-16 12:48 PM
hk196712 ,
Please dont mind , when you ask / post a question please provide a brief describtion about ur situation which will enable all the readers and gurus to provide you an accurate answers. Say for example : PD, date filed and other details that you can see on many of signatures. Insdead of asking 10 questions to you , you might get the answer straight away...
Not just you , but many of the users who are new to this form , please first explain your situation with details and then ask the actual question.
Thanks
Please dont mind , when you ask / post a question please provide a brief describtion about ur situation which will enable all the readers and gurus to provide you an accurate answers. Say for example : PD, date filed and other details that you can see on many of signatures. Insdead of asking 10 questions to you , you might get the answer straight away...
Not just you , but many of the users who are new to this form , please first explain your situation with details and then ask the actual question.
Thanks
girlfriend clipart hearts free. clip art

mbawa2574
07-07 07:56 PM
IV core leadership has to change and so is the stratergy. Current Lobbying efforts have clearly not worked out. I call for elections to elect the new core team. All these conference calls and inaction is just wastage of time and things are getting worse. We need an aggressive stratergy and may need to take names and hit people openly to get our agenda pushed. IV leadership clearly lacks these skills.
hairstyles free clipart fishing pole. on
xstal
01-22 05:18 PM
See this link http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/cbo_30sept08.pdf
See Q.18. I think your case is one of the TSC-VSC-TSC or NSC-CSC-NSC transfers. Your attorney needs to follow up with USCIS and USCIS will issue new receipts with the correct receipt dates. Contrary to earlier post, cases are processed per receipt dates, not notice dates. Check your latest 485 receipts for the dates.
"18.Question: There are I-140 and I-485 cases that were originally filed TSC, then transferred to VSC, then transferred back to TSC 3 months later. As a result of the transfer, the original receipt date was replaced with the date of last transfer which is 3 months behind. This causes such cases behind the current processing dates at TSC. What could TSC do to pull those cases forward in the line of cases waiting for processing to correct the problem?
Response: Cases should always retain their original receipt date. If you are aware of cases that lost that date because of work flow transfers, please let us know so we can correct the problem."
per my OP, my physical receipt said my "RECEIPT date" is July 30th.
but the ONLINE status said "it was RECEIVED on Sept 5th"\
I was mainly concern about the wording on the online statis "received on..."
how did you determine I was a NSC-CSC-NSC transfer case from that?
I am a little confused here.
thank you very much
See Q.18. I think your case is one of the TSC-VSC-TSC or NSC-CSC-NSC transfers. Your attorney needs to follow up with USCIS and USCIS will issue new receipts with the correct receipt dates. Contrary to earlier post, cases are processed per receipt dates, not notice dates. Check your latest 485 receipts for the dates.
"18.Question: There are I-140 and I-485 cases that were originally filed TSC, then transferred to VSC, then transferred back to TSC 3 months later. As a result of the transfer, the original receipt date was replaced with the date of last transfer which is 3 months behind. This causes such cases behind the current processing dates at TSC. What could TSC do to pull those cases forward in the line of cases waiting for processing to correct the problem?
Response: Cases should always retain their original receipt date. If you are aware of cases that lost that date because of work flow transfers, please let us know so we can correct the problem."
per my OP, my physical receipt said my "RECEIPT date" is July 30th.
but the ONLINE status said "it was RECEIVED on Sept 5th"\
I was mainly concern about the wording on the online statis "received on..."
how did you determine I was a NSC-CSC-NSC transfer case from that?
I am a little confused here.
thank you very much
abcdefgh
01-23 03:26 PM
Hats off to IV core!!
Thanks a bunch!!
Thanks a bunch!!
keerthisagar
10-28 10:02 AM
There is no straight way to get a copy of I140 approval notice. For all practical purposes the I140 reciept number will be sufficient(eg: To retain your priority date in case you file GC with another employer).
However, You can file a request using FOIA. Check the following threads.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/1469-foia-to-get-copy-i-140-approval-notice.html
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/1603609-foia-for-i-140-approval-notice.html
Thanks indigo10, this is helpful.
However, You can file a request using FOIA. Check the following threads.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/1469-foia-to-get-copy-i-140-approval-notice.html
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/1603609-foia-for-i-140-approval-notice.html
Thanks indigo10, this is helpful.


