pilkenton
May 6, 07:19 PM
When attaching pics from your computer, make sure the file size isn't larger than the maximum allowed by the forum. When you click the paperclip icon, a new window/tab opens to browse for the file. At the bottom of that window are the max file sizes allowed for each image type.
Just tried a small file. No go. It won't let me get that far. I go to the picture, copy..."clunk". I go to the forum, type in [img] and click paste. Nothing. Why the "clunk" when it wasn't there before?
BTW...I have no trouble with youtube videos or "attachments".
Just tried a small file. No go. It won't let me get that far. I go to the picture, copy..."clunk". I go to the forum, type in [img] and click paste. Nothing. Why the "clunk" when it wasn't there before?
BTW...I have no trouble with youtube videos or "attachments".
Mac Composer
Jan 1, 08:46 AM
Full keyboards only have 88 keys, not 108.
There are many different smaller size keyboards available, 49, 61, etc.. Even very small ones. Just google the, lotsa choices. Don't bother getting a pressure sensitive keyboard unless you're already a proficient player.
If you're using Garageband, you can just use loops and not even bother with a keyboard.
There are many different smaller size keyboards available, 49, 61, etc.. Even very small ones. Just google the, lotsa choices. Don't bother getting a pressure sensitive keyboard unless you're already a proficient player.
If you're using Garageband, you can just use loops and not even bother with a keyboard.
infidel69
Apr 18, 12:25 PM
Smartphones will never completly replace cameras. I know it's hard for some people to accept that not everyone owns a smartphone.
ErikAndre
Jan 14, 07:26 AM
It's going to take a lot of effort to know the keynote has aired and not check any sites... for over 12 hours!!!
more...
Rab Simpson
Jul 21, 06:43 PM
Well considering Apple makes real products and Google makes... .what do they make?
it has nothing to do with products, this is to do with brand strength.
it has nothing to do with products, this is to do with brand strength.
iApples
Apr 12, 10:12 AM
I just ordered the Rebel and I should receive it in a few days. I owned a few for my 3GS. It was a great case, so I have high expectation for it.
more...
roadbloc
Jan 21, 03:53 AM
The update weighs in at 27.52 MB
http://i.imgur.com/vT4eG.png
http://i.imgur.com/vT4eG.png
Mechcozmo
Nov 13, 01:03 PM
Sort of like Wikipedia's page of requested articles and how long they have been requested for? Sure.
more...
dornoforpyros
Aug 18, 11:17 AM
heh, i used to agree. listen to their latest album. it's much better than the others. ;)
I'd like to agree with you, I actually thought Clocks was a decent song. But then I noticed their new single "speed of sound"? sounds exactly the same, so I'm guessing the rest of the album does too.
Besides I'm hookt on the Dandy Warhols for the time being :D
I'd like to agree with you, I actually thought Clocks was a decent song. But then I noticed their new single "speed of sound"? sounds exactly the same, so I'm guessing the rest of the album does too.
Besides I'm hookt on the Dandy Warhols for the time being :D
belvdr
Sep 30, 10:29 AM
very well... I made the mistake of learning on WYSIWYG and now i'm kicking myself for not being more intimate with it....
THEN
learn flash... people want it, plain and simple, but nothing beats the foundations...HTML.
I find the whole Flash scene to be nuts. I block flash at my browser because so much of it just ads anyway.
THEN
learn flash... people want it, plain and simple, but nothing beats the foundations...HTML.
I find the whole Flash scene to be nuts. I block flash at my browser because so much of it just ads anyway.
more...
JollyJoeJoe
Apr 23, 10:59 PM
So Im a freelance Editor/Motion Graphics guy with no real understanding of RAID Controller Cards, or how they work.
As of right now I have three 1TB drives inside my Mac Pro, RAIDed together (stripe 0) using the OS. No Raid card.
The drives are all 7200rpm from varying manufacturers. (not sure if this matters.)
My questions is; is it beneficial for me to get a RAID card to control these drives vs. leaving it to the OS to handle? Any suggestions for me?
Thanks.
2010 8-Core Mac Pro 2.4
14GB RAM
3 drives in RAID0 ? Yikes, anyone of them goes and your machine is out of action. RAID0 offers no fault tolerance as no drives in the array share parity info or are mirrored.
You would most certainly see a benefit in a hardware RAID solution, especially if you are going to switch to a RAID level with some redundancy, like RAID5 or RAID10. Also a true hardware RAID takes the processing load off your processors and memory.
If on a budget you could go with RAID-Z, it involves switching to the ZFS file system. RAID-Z1 apparently offers similar performance to RAID5. Read this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1135718) for further insight.
I would get an SSD for the OS and use the 3x 7200rpm Disks in RAID5.
RAID5 is great for storing uncompressed video data and in your case would offer protection against a single drive failure.
or Just RAID5 with 3x HDD's and partition the RAID volume.
The most recommend cards right now are the Areca 6g 1880 series or the new ATTO 6G series. For your needs something like the ARC-1880-i SAS 6G RAID Controller would suffice if you don't plan to connect external RAID/Storage solution.
I would go with a 6G controller so as to take advantage of new fast 6G SSD's etc.
nanofrog is the RAID-whizz around here and I am sure he would be able to suggest something for you.
As of right now I have three 1TB drives inside my Mac Pro, RAIDed together (stripe 0) using the OS. No Raid card.
The drives are all 7200rpm from varying manufacturers. (not sure if this matters.)
My questions is; is it beneficial for me to get a RAID card to control these drives vs. leaving it to the OS to handle? Any suggestions for me?
Thanks.
2010 8-Core Mac Pro 2.4
14GB RAM
3 drives in RAID0 ? Yikes, anyone of them goes and your machine is out of action. RAID0 offers no fault tolerance as no drives in the array share parity info or are mirrored.
You would most certainly see a benefit in a hardware RAID solution, especially if you are going to switch to a RAID level with some redundancy, like RAID5 or RAID10. Also a true hardware RAID takes the processing load off your processors and memory.
If on a budget you could go with RAID-Z, it involves switching to the ZFS file system. RAID-Z1 apparently offers similar performance to RAID5. Read this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1135718) for further insight.
I would get an SSD for the OS and use the 3x 7200rpm Disks in RAID5.
RAID5 is great for storing uncompressed video data and in your case would offer protection against a single drive failure.
or Just RAID5 with 3x HDD's and partition the RAID volume.
The most recommend cards right now are the Areca 6g 1880 series or the new ATTO 6G series. For your needs something like the ARC-1880-i SAS 6G RAID Controller would suffice if you don't plan to connect external RAID/Storage solution.
I would go with a 6G controller so as to take advantage of new fast 6G SSD's etc.
nanofrog is the RAID-whizz around here and I am sure he would be able to suggest something for you.
zimv20
Mar 27, 07:06 PM
definitely something wrong, and any of the things you listed could be the culprit. time to start swapping out components...
more...

leekohler
Mar 17, 12:39 PM
I've read about Nate Phelps before. Pretty brave of him.
Freakk123
May 4, 07:13 PM
Good luck! With the right ideas, usibility and topics (like macrumors), people are bound to join and the site will be great. Also, IMHO the layout is very attractive! I joined with the same username (freakk123) as here.
more...
simsaladimbamba
Apr 28, 06:41 PM
I've always heard of the 4-pin being referred to as iLink on Sony devices or mini firewire everywhere else.
I thought FW400 and 800 refer to the speed, so 600 makes no sense to me at all.
Me too, I never heard of FW600 for the 6-pin port.
The 4-pin port is often referred to as DV-IN or DV-OUT too.
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/482/firewire4final.png
I thought FW400 and 800 refer to the speed, so 600 makes no sense to me at all.
Me too, I never heard of FW600 for the 6-pin port.
The 4-pin port is often referred to as DV-IN or DV-OUT too.
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/482/firewire4final.png
Jaz
Nov 4, 05:13 PM
No pink on the 23" I've been using for two months now.
Some residual ghosting with high contrast images that don't move, and a 2 inch band of slight discolouration down the left side. I do design and colour matters but for proofing I deal with a broadcast monitor for video or the printery for paper based.
I bought Applecare with my G5 and screen. Figure I'll test for six months and then return it if the problem becomes an obstacle to work.
Some residual ghosting with high contrast images that don't move, and a 2 inch band of slight discolouration down the left side. I do design and colour matters but for proofing I deal with a broadcast monitor for video or the printery for paper based.
I bought Applecare with my G5 and screen. Figure I'll test for six months and then return it if the problem becomes an obstacle to work.
more...
Ikyo
Mar 10, 10:21 PM
I might head over. Let me know how the line is later in the day. I wonder when Walmart are going to sell theirs.
daryliow
Jun 20, 04:37 AM
Any one from the Isle of Wight UK going to Newport on the 24th? If so what store will you be using?
UKFletch
Jan 15, 08:36 AM
Looks like there are many MacBooks as well as MacBoko Pro's on sale in the Apple Refurb shop. I'm not saying its proof we're getting new laptops today, but if you're looking to save a bundle and don't mind "previous gen" hardware it looks like a pretty good deal. :)
However, as the Store (well the UK one at least) is now down...
We'll have to wait!
However, as the Store (well the UK one at least) is now down...
We'll have to wait!
bcaslis
May 2, 07:03 PM
Not sure exactly what you are looking for but this is what I use:
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0223
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0223
MP4-22
Mar 31, 08:51 PM
I usually end up getting the third version like yellow, crystal, and emerald. I have to get me a DS first.
Simgar988
May 25, 03:22 AM
Who's Seth?
Seth green is the voice of joker in the games. He is also doctor evils son and his speakers blow the clthes off of women.
Seth green is the voice of joker in the games. He is also doctor evils son and his speakers blow the clthes off of women.
wrldwzrd89
Feb 14, 03:39 PM
I want to give a Mac mini away for a couple of days to someone who would want to play with Mac for the first time. Is there a way to return OS X to a state where you find it straight after fresh OS X installation when Mac needs to be taken through registration process, given name, etc.
I want to install all the accompanying software like iLife'05 and apply all the recent OS and iLife updates and then "reset/deauthorise" OS X so that the new user did not have to install apps and download updates the first thing after powering the Mac up and going online.
If you are familiar with what sysprep does to Windows, that's what I am looking for Mac OS X.
I assume the process should include removing all the user accounts, deleting assigned Mac name and kicking in a registration app at startup.
I just hope one does not need to buy OS X server for that!
I know there's an invisible file called .AppleSetupDone that controls whether or not the setup assistant runs (if it's there, boot normally; if it isn't, run the setup assistant). However, I don't know where it's located, nor can I search for it since I'm not at my Mac right now. Since it's really only a flag file, it's probably VERY small (less than 1 KB).
I want to install all the accompanying software like iLife'05 and apply all the recent OS and iLife updates and then "reset/deauthorise" OS X so that the new user did not have to install apps and download updates the first thing after powering the Mac up and going online.
If you are familiar with what sysprep does to Windows, that's what I am looking for Mac OS X.
I assume the process should include removing all the user accounts, deleting assigned Mac name and kicking in a registration app at startup.
I just hope one does not need to buy OS X server for that!
I know there's an invisible file called .AppleSetupDone that controls whether or not the setup assistant runs (if it's there, boot normally; if it isn't, run the setup assistant). However, I don't know where it's located, nor can I search for it since I'm not at my Mac right now. Since it's really only a flag file, it's probably VERY small (less than 1 KB).
MilesNigel
Mar 16, 02:54 AM
Hey y'all. This is probably wishful thinking, but how would you go about storing and managing a 110,000 song (650GB) iTunes library on a wireless network drive?
The setup wasn't hard, but it' SO SLOW!
I plugged the 2TB USB drive with the library into an Airport Extreme, connected to it over the wireless network, opened iTunes while holding 'alt', and chose the library on the network drive. Unfortunately, it's so slow that scrolling and searching are next to impossible. And forget about AirTunes!
The goal would be to have that whole library accessible from my laptop and then played through AirTunes speakers.
Like I said, this is probably just wishful thinking, but has anyone else set up a system like this?
The setup wasn't hard, but it' SO SLOW!
I plugged the 2TB USB drive with the library into an Airport Extreme, connected to it over the wireless network, opened iTunes while holding 'alt', and chose the library on the network drive. Unfortunately, it's so slow that scrolling and searching are next to impossible. And forget about AirTunes!
The goal would be to have that whole library accessible from my laptop and then played through AirTunes speakers.
Like I said, this is probably just wishful thinking, but has anyone else set up a system like this?


