hob
Oct 16, 06:57 PM
OK, hello all!
I made this iMac switcher ad in After Effects, just before the 24" iMac came out. I should probably update it!
The music is IZ-US by Aphex Twin from the Come to Daddy EP (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=74775601&s=143444).
Enjoy :)
I made this iMac switcher ad in After Effects, just before the 24" iMac came out. I should probably update it!
The music is IZ-US by Aphex Twin from the Come to Daddy EP (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=74775601&s=143444).
Enjoy :)
MikePA
Feb 20, 06:43 PM
I've never seen somebody more clueless.
If Geohot loses, Apple could try another pass at it. Even the lowest court could throw out the Library of Congress's opinion.
Clearly somebody wasn't paying attention in middle school history when they went over constitutional powers.
I just donated $100. Geohot is a drama queen but this has absolutely nothing to do with him as a person but the importance of what he did.
You are the one who is clueless. LOC has ruled it LEGAL. It wasn't their opinion.
And who will Apple sue, or intimidate, as an equally clueless person posted? Answer that question oh wise one. :rolleyes:
Donated $100. PT Barnum was right.
If Geohot loses, Apple could try another pass at it. Even the lowest court could throw out the Library of Congress's opinion.
Clearly somebody wasn't paying attention in middle school history when they went over constitutional powers.
I just donated $100. Geohot is a drama queen but this has absolutely nothing to do with him as a person but the importance of what he did.
You are the one who is clueless. LOC has ruled it LEGAL. It wasn't their opinion.
And who will Apple sue, or intimidate, as an equally clueless person posted? Answer that question oh wise one. :rolleyes:
Donated $100. PT Barnum was right.
glocke12
Nov 29, 04:46 PM
Pretty messed up. I feel pretty bad for these guys.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/29/couple.buys.meth.house/index.html?hpt=C1
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/29/couple.buys.meth.house/index.html?hpt=C1
apsterling
Jan 12, 09:00 PM
AirMac would be more fitting, but MacBook Air will be it's name, if such an item exists.
more...
Doctor Q
Feb 8, 11:04 AM
You can now use the [Resolved] prefix in most forums to flag your own threads when the issue raised by the thread has been resolved, the question has been answered, the problem has been solved, or the equivalent. It's especially useful in the Mac Basics and Help forum.
The [Resolved] prefix does not mean that the thread is closed or that others shouldn't post, just that you don't consider the thread to be waiting for resolution of the issue, question, or problem. You can also think of it as a thank-you flag when you've gotten the help you needed. It doesn't make sense to use [Resolved] for certain types of threads, such as open-ended discussions and current events, so use it only where it's suitable.
To change the prefix of a thread that you started:

jennifer hudson gives birth
more...

jennifer hudson is pregnant

Jennifer Hudson Is Pregnant
The [Resolved] prefix does not mean that the thread is closed or that others shouldn't post, just that you don't consider the thread to be waiting for resolution of the issue, question, or problem. You can also think of it as a thank-you flag when you've gotten the help you needed. It doesn't make sense to use [Resolved] for certain types of threads, such as open-ended discussions and current events, so use it only where it's suitable.
To change the prefix of a thread that you started:
Mac Eagle
Jun 30, 10:52 AM
Yes, this is most disapointing. I have been wanting this app on my iPad ever since I got one. This is even more glaring since you can't even access Apple's own MobileMe site from the iPad - which is another rant entirely. :mad:
more...
bobsbarricades
Apr 24, 03:54 PM
your post is confusing.
you say it worked fine, but then it sounds like your upset it doesn't have audio.
what mac do you have?
how to hook it up depends on what kind, and how old it is.
if you're not sure how old it is, go to the :apple: menu, about this mac, more info.
then on the the main hardware page, there is a Model Identifier should say something followed by a couple numbers, like "Macmini4,1"
give us that, and we can tell you what you need.
thanks for the response!
Sorry for the confusion. I've got a 2k7 MBP with the dvi out on the right. Well that plugs easy enough and get picture working but no audio (because dvi doesn't transfer audio). So I was going to go from my headphone jack to the tv...but can't get any sound at all.
you say it worked fine, but then it sounds like your upset it doesn't have audio.
what mac do you have?
how to hook it up depends on what kind, and how old it is.
if you're not sure how old it is, go to the :apple: menu, about this mac, more info.
then on the the main hardware page, there is a Model Identifier should say something followed by a couple numbers, like "Macmini4,1"
give us that, and we can tell you what you need.
thanks for the response!
Sorry for the confusion. I've got a 2k7 MBP with the dvi out on the right. Well that plugs easy enough and get picture working but no audio (because dvi doesn't transfer audio). So I was going to go from my headphone jack to the tv...but can't get any sound at all.
840quadra
Jan 4, 12:54 AM
I perused it a bit, and the screen shots did throw me in for a bit of a loop. I wasn't sure what to look out for. Perhaps Spotlight-like dimming only the relevant information and the removal of extraneous items like signatures, could help make it easier for someone to digest.
The screen shots could be saved as .GIFs instead of JPEGs for more space savings. What's the Wiki etiquette on other users updating an original Guider's screenshots?
I'm a newb at this, but something like this might be helpful. (#2.)
Thank you for your feedback. :)
I will start working on the images, and provide smaller (more to the point) screen shots for the guide.
I would think part of the etiquette would be to provide some (any) feedback in regards to why the guide was moved, or labeled as ugly. There has to be a reason, otherwise why move it?
more...

Jennifer Hudson Denies Star

jennifer-hudson-pregnant-
more...

Jennifer Hudson

Jennifer Hudson is Pregnant
more...

We don#39;t need Jennifer Hudson

pregnant-jennifer-hudson-
more...

Hudson is pregnant.

Jennifer Hudson is pregnant,
more...

We hear that Jennifer Hudson#39;s

2:21 : Jennifer Hudson is very

Jennifer Hudson Pregnant
The screen shots could be saved as .GIFs instead of JPEGs for more space savings. What's the Wiki etiquette on other users updating an original Guider's screenshots?
I'm a newb at this, but something like this might be helpful. (#2.)
Thank you for your feedback. :)
I will start working on the images, and provide smaller (more to the point) screen shots for the guide.
I would think part of the etiquette would be to provide some (any) feedback in regards to why the guide was moved, or labeled as ugly. There has to be a reason, otherwise why move it?
more...
hasek3139
Jun 28, 03:19 PM
Im getting at my local att store at midnight. Yesterday they said they were getting a shipment in at 8am and 11am. They dont know definite numbers but they said more than last year and they got over 100 3gs last year :eek:
me to my friends and i r gonna campout around midnight! 7 hours of waiting but the end result will be worth the wait!
me to my friends and i r gonna campout around midnight! 7 hours of waiting but the end result will be worth the wait!
oakie
May 1, 08:06 AM
shop for any speakers that are "shielded"
more...
gazfocus
Jan 14, 08:30 PM
How much were the tickets? I'm thinking of saving up to go to MacWorld next year and make a holiday out of it.
wrldwzrd89
Oct 3, 08:34 PM
If you copy by burning a dvd along with the itunes library data couldn't you just drop it into the itunes folder? Otherwise if you just transfer the music folders it seems you'd lose all your changed info.....comments, genre etc. I for one would really hate do redo the info on thousands of songs.
Marlene
That's true that you would lose any info that isn't stored inside the music file itself (i.e. in the ID3 tag of an MP3) - I prefer to have iTunes open and drag the info to iTunes so it finds it and imports it immediately. Using your method, I'd have to do the copy while iTunes is closed, then open iTunes and hope it sees the new music library.
Marlene
That's true that you would lose any info that isn't stored inside the music file itself (i.e. in the ID3 tag of an MP3) - I prefer to have iTunes open and drag the info to iTunes so it finds it and imports it immediately. Using your method, I'd have to do the copy while iTunes is closed, then open iTunes and hope it sees the new music library.
more...
clayj
Mar 20, 09:09 PM
Here's a similar project (http://www.clayj.com/html/BRVAIOBoy.htm) (although the description is not quite as detailed) on a Sony notebook, in case anyone wants to compare results.
http://www.clayj.com/html/BRVAIOBoy(1).jpg
http://www.clayj.com/html/BRVAIOBoy(1).jpg
maceleven
Jan 12, 10:18 PM
i bet thats what it is. there own wireless airwaves:confused::)
more...
Rapmastac1
Sep 16, 01:29 AM
I'm very detailed when it comes to taking care of my iTunes library. I have almost 6,000 songs and I average about 80 new songs a month (mostly cd compilations). I rarely every buy actual physical cds unless it's for an album I really love, so it gets the shelf treatment.
I use all the fields rather normally. I prefer to only have a few basic Genres which I then break down under the "Grouping" tag. I use various tags for various reasons. I use the grouping for the sub-genre, and naming the record label. The lyrics tab is used as a way to put track-lists in songs that are one continuous track. The comments section is used for tracks that are complete (aka they have all the track information and album art embedded into the file itself). And once every year I have a program that runs through and finds the BPM of each track.
Now don't even get me started on playlists and playlist folders.
I use all the fields rather normally. I prefer to only have a few basic Genres which I then break down under the "Grouping" tag. I use various tags for various reasons. I use the grouping for the sub-genre, and naming the record label. The lyrics tab is used as a way to put track-lists in songs that are one continuous track. The comments section is used for tracks that are complete (aka they have all the track information and album art embedded into the file itself). And once every year I have a program that runs through and finds the BPM of each track.
Now don't even get me started on playlists and playlist folders.
TheMonarch
Sep 9, 08:01 PM
I don't want to be the repost police, but sorry, repost...
more...
OutThere
Nov 27, 05:12 PM
You might try turning off passive mode...I've had it make some problems for me when I was behind a heavy school firewall and some packet shapers...give it a shot.
wchong
Jun 10, 09:26 AM
One for the iPhone, the other for the iPhone SDK.
What, you thought that Apple still cared about Macs?
i would've thought the iphone + the sdk would be on the same bridge.
What, you thought that Apple still cared about Macs?
i would've thought the iphone + the sdk would be on the same bridge.
altecXP
Apr 1, 09:24 PM
Read the seed notes.
Thats rather daft, why would GPU matter?
Thats rather daft, why would GPU matter?
Lord Blackadder
Sep 7, 09:28 AM
he said he wants to stick it to the french... can't blame him i suppose... and i don't think he'd come back unless he really knew he could win again...
It seems to me that the French generally don't have issues with Lance, but there is a small (yet vocal) minority that is very anti-Lance. I guess the French don't have much tolerance for Texans... ;)
To be honest I'd like to see if Ulrich can win again post-Lance - he was always a great sportsman and his rivalry with Lance (while a bit hyped) was very entertaining to watch.
It seems to me that the French generally don't have issues with Lance, but there is a small (yet vocal) minority that is very anti-Lance. I guess the French don't have much tolerance for Texans... ;)
To be honest I'd like to see if Ulrich can win again post-Lance - he was always a great sportsman and his rivalry with Lance (while a bit hyped) was very entertaining to watch.
nebulos
Apr 30, 10:18 AM
if you're past the first 14 days, they won't do anything about one pixel.
ViNESWiNGMAN
Nov 16, 12:26 PM
no. but if you want better 'sound quality' then use a higher quality compresion (192 kbps instead of 128 kbps it makes a difference and sounds MUCH better than the 96 kbps that some mp3 players compress at). with 40 GB or the new 60 GB photo iPod availble you should have plenty of room for a better compresion.
I always rip to the highest compression rate, or uncompressed.. My problem with the ipod was that at loud volumes it distorted. The problem is with the signal-to-noise ratio on the device..
I'll look into the JBL Creatures... But I think I'm going to have a hard time replacing my THX 2.1 Klipsch speakers. I'm going to see how good they look alongside my mac.. I dont know if you guys have heard these speakers before, but they are amazing!
Thanks for the suggestions.
I always rip to the highest compression rate, or uncompressed.. My problem with the ipod was that at loud volumes it distorted. The problem is with the signal-to-noise ratio on the device..
I'll look into the JBL Creatures... But I think I'm going to have a hard time replacing my THX 2.1 Klipsch speakers. I'm going to see how good they look alongside my mac.. I dont know if you guys have heard these speakers before, but they are amazing!
Thanks for the suggestions.
T-bag
Apr 4, 04:55 PM
My english is a little bit rusty but I'll try to explain what I think.
If you only look at this with a financial perspective there is a certain timeframe that within you should choose to either sell or keep. Like with cars and everything else. If you decide to keep past this timeframe you'll have to wait for a longer period of time for it to be financially smart to upgrade, the longer the better.
Having an unstable video card (don't take my word for it, I've just read it here) may point in the direction of upgrading sooner rather than later. If it fails you have no computer and nothing to sell.
At what age this "timeframe" for MBPs is I don't know. I guess it varies from country to country and also depend on the market a lot. Since the apple care is over, I'm guessing a couple of months ago. In my country we have rights beyond apple care (5 years from purchase). If the video card is unlikely to fail and you don't really need to upgrade, then why not simply keep it until it dies? If you're going to get a new MBP within 1-2 years, I'd see how much I could get for it.
I'm not sure if I made myself clear here. I'm always struggling with buying new expensive things myself, especially if I don't really need them. It's all about how much you're willing to pay to get the latest.
Good luck!
If you only look at this with a financial perspective there is a certain timeframe that within you should choose to either sell or keep. Like with cars and everything else. If you decide to keep past this timeframe you'll have to wait for a longer period of time for it to be financially smart to upgrade, the longer the better.
Having an unstable video card (don't take my word for it, I've just read it here) may point in the direction of upgrading sooner rather than later. If it fails you have no computer and nothing to sell.
At what age this "timeframe" for MBPs is I don't know. I guess it varies from country to country and also depend on the market a lot. Since the apple care is over, I'm guessing a couple of months ago. In my country we have rights beyond apple care (5 years from purchase). If the video card is unlikely to fail and you don't really need to upgrade, then why not simply keep it until it dies? If you're going to get a new MBP within 1-2 years, I'd see how much I could get for it.
I'm not sure if I made myself clear here. I'm always struggling with buying new expensive things myself, especially if I don't really need them. It's all about how much you're willing to pay to get the latest.
Good luck!
ECUpirate44
Mar 21, 09:04 PM
At this point im just frustrated. I changed the host file with this ip 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com Then I followed all the steps and got 4.2.1 on. When I went to jailbreak, I got it into DFU mode but the jailbreak failed. Now I just want to update to 4.3 but I cant because I dont remember what I changed and replace with this 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com. Anybody know the original text so I can update to 4.3?


