geevikram
07-03 09:44 AM
This would be another form of civil disobedience movement that Gandhiji started against Britishers. We should call it market disobedience. Nice idea., btw I have already started this. I, on a month to month basis have started investing money in Indian accounts (FDs,MF and stocks) which I would have otherwise invested here. I'm doing this for the past 1.5 years. As long as I do not have a visibility on when I will get my GC, there is no point in investing here. I'm actually sorry to say this because this country now, of all times, needs any money that they can get. I love US, so not being to be able to help kinda hurts. But hey......, you know why. :rolleyes:
wallpaper hairstyles justin bieber 2011
a_yaja
01-21 08:45 AM
Can soneone help me with this question.....please....
My husband is on H1B and I'm on Ead.....both of us have expired I-94 stamps.....we are planing to go to our home country this year...we want to apply for advance parole......my question is.....can we enter U.S both of us with AD?
I read on Uscis website that you need to have personal reason in order to go to your country while I-485 is pending....and you have to prove your personal reason.....is that true....we want only to visit our parents.
Thanks in advance!
Visiting your parents is a humanitarian reason. Anyways, as vin13 mentioned, they will usually not ask any questions. My wife and I came back from Jamaica after a vacation in Dec. 2008 and no one asked us any questions.
My husband is on H1B and I'm on Ead.....both of us have expired I-94 stamps.....we are planing to go to our home country this year...we want to apply for advance parole......my question is.....can we enter U.S both of us with AD?
I read on Uscis website that you need to have personal reason in order to go to your country while I-485 is pending....and you have to prove your personal reason.....is that true....we want only to visit our parents.
Thanks in advance!
Visiting your parents is a humanitarian reason. Anyways, as vin13 mentioned, they will usually not ask any questions. My wife and I came back from Jamaica after a vacation in Dec. 2008 and no one asked us any questions.
dce.deepak
09-18 05:44 PM
its not 800,000 its around 190,000 for all EB1,2,3
look at here May 2010 data
USCIS - Previous Pending Employment-Based I-485 Inventory (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16551543455e5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=16551543455e5210VgnVCM100000082ca60a RCRD)
Family based is also heavily backlogged. How can there be flow of thousands of unused visas in Family Based for flow to Employment Based? Even in Family based there are categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3 and 4. The visas will first flow from top to bottom in Family Based. Wouldn't all the categories have to be current before any visas flow to Employment based? I read somewhere that the employment based backlog size is 800,000 applications. :confused: Let's say even if there is a small number of visa flow from Family Based to Employment Based, how can a small number of visa flow from Family Based to employment based backlog be sufficient to approve 800,000 applications?
look at here May 2010 data
USCIS - Previous Pending Employment-Based I-485 Inventory (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16551543455e5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=16551543455e5210VgnVCM100000082ca60a RCRD)
Family based is also heavily backlogged. How can there be flow of thousands of unused visas in Family Based for flow to Employment Based? Even in Family based there are categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3 and 4. The visas will first flow from top to bottom in Family Based. Wouldn't all the categories have to be current before any visas flow to Employment based? I read somewhere that the employment based backlog size is 800,000 applications. :confused: Let's say even if there is a small number of visa flow from Family Based to Employment Based, how can a small number of visa flow from Family Based to employment based backlog be sufficient to approve 800,000 applications?
2011 justin bieber 2011 tour dates
nomorelogins
06-25 02:26 PM
Since there has been a screw up in the payroll by your company, ask them to contact the CPA for advice. They should be able to work out how to issue a W2 ( amendment ) etc, refile company quarter results etc. So talk to company CPA ( else report to IRS )
more...
sku
09-11 03:52 PM
I opened SR on 8th Sept, But no LUD's yet
askreddy
08-16 05:03 PM
Hi
What is your Received and Notice dates for 485.Just checking is this related topre adjuducation process.
Thanks
What is your Received and Notice dates for 485.Just checking is this related topre adjuducation process.
Thanks
more...
sk2006
08-19 01:09 PM
I did reply same questions from many people before.
Give me green.
See the linkhttp://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=271903#post271903
About ADIT:
ADIT=Alien Documentation Identification & Telecommunication Systems.
Could mean biometrics not up to date or just stamp in passport.
Either way they will tell you what they want.
ADIT (I-551) stamping
�
Applicant appears at local USCIS for ADIT processing, as outlined in AOS approval letter. Applicant will not be scheduled for an ADIT appointment, ADIT processing is done by "walk-in" basis ONLY.
�
Once the applicant adjusts his/her status by completing ADIT processing, s/he is given the I-551 permanent resident stamp in his/her passport.
Thanks Dealsnet.
Give me green.
See the linkhttp://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=271903#post271903
About ADIT:
ADIT=Alien Documentation Identification & Telecommunication Systems.
Could mean biometrics not up to date or just stamp in passport.
Either way they will tell you what they want.
ADIT (I-551) stamping
�
Applicant appears at local USCIS for ADIT processing, as outlined in AOS approval letter. Applicant will not be scheduled for an ADIT appointment, ADIT processing is done by "walk-in" basis ONLY.
�
Once the applicant adjusts his/her status by completing ADIT processing, s/he is given the I-551 permanent resident stamp in his/her passport.
Thanks Dealsnet.
2010 justin bieber 2011 tour dates.
whiteStallion
05-22 07:40 PM
My PERM application filed on 10th March 2008 in Chicago, got certified this Monday(05.19.2008). So you should be very close to your approval...may be next week!
All the best!
All the best!
more...
akhilmahajan
05-03 08:42 PM
that was pretty fast............ i wish everyone else is that lucky also........
hair justin bieber 2011 tour dates

conchshell
07-16 11:11 AM
It means ALL the cases filed before 7/17/07 have been processed, doesn't mean they are not working on cases beyond july 17th.
Please note, it means that USCIS has touched a case till the mentioned date. It does not mean that they have processed all cases before this date.
Please note, it means that USCIS has touched a case till the mentioned date. It does not mean that they have processed all cases before this date.
more...

ravi2patel
07-23 11:29 PM
Thanks guys..i did approach another attorney and he said i should be OK as i have a clean record, that i should not get stuck with the 'semantics' of company mergers which happens all the time.
Having said that my current attorney is not asking for more money..so i am confused. But with the Aug.17 deadline fast approaching i will at least complete the paper work and wait for further advice from you kind folks. Thanks
Having said that my current attorney is not asking for more money..so i am confused. But with the Aug.17 deadline fast approaching i will at least complete the paper work and wait for further advice from you kind folks. Thanks
hot girlfriend justin bieber 2011
gumpena
08-03 10:29 PM
I am not sure whether it is a typo ..but look at the I-765 (EAD) update is upto JULY 2...
more...
house hairstyles justin bieber 2011
indianabacklog
07-30 08:59 PM
The priority date for children who might age out is fixed at the time of your I140 filing. So if you I140 took six months to approve this can be taken off the age of the child when the labor priority date becomes current. So even if you file when a child is 20 and a half and you have to wait for two years for the date to become current, unless the I140 took 1 and a half years their age will be over 21 when the green card can be processed so they age out of derivative status.
Good luck to those who are facing this. I do understand your anxiety since my son aged out while I was waiting three and half years for my labor cert. It would seem that this 'black hole' in the employment based process is non existent to the people who can change it.
Not sure what the future holds for such children, maybe there is some greater plan which we are not aware of yet.
I do see one advantage they cannot be called up for military service (for the USA) on a non-immigrant visa whereas they can if they have a green card. While I understand fighting is a noble cause I would not want my son to fight for our country of origin either.
Good luck to those who are facing this. I do understand your anxiety since my son aged out while I was waiting three and half years for my labor cert. It would seem that this 'black hole' in the employment based process is non existent to the people who can change it.
Not sure what the future holds for such children, maybe there is some greater plan which we are not aware of yet.
I do see one advantage they cannot be called up for military service (for the USA) on a non-immigrant visa whereas they can if they have a green card. While I understand fighting is a noble cause I would not want my son to fight for our country of origin either.
tattoo justin bieber 2011 tour dates
gc_chahiye
02-17 09:43 PM
3) If I invoke AC21 using my EAD and in the worst case scenario, if my 140 and 485 is rejected, can I then transfer my H1B to an other company (I still have some years left) or will that be a problem because I was not on H-1b at that time?
I think you can still re-capture any year left in your 6 your term on your H1B. That is, even after going to EAD you can revert back to H1B in case of any issues. As always, this is just my understanding and could be wrong even.
you can get back to H1 status, it might involve:
- filing a H1 petition (you wont be counted agianst hte quota)
- leaving US and coming back in, to "Activate" the h1.
I think you can still re-capture any year left in your 6 your term on your H1B. That is, even after going to EAD you can revert back to H1B in case of any issues. As always, this is just my understanding and could be wrong even.
you can get back to H1 status, it might involve:
- filing a H1 petition (you wont be counted agianst hte quota)
- leaving US and coming back in, to "Activate" the h1.
more...
pictures justin bieber 2011 tour dates
kumhyd2
07-22 02:25 PM
Think before you post. People look into the threads based on the heading and your post which is irrelavant to the original post doesn't make any sense. May be look for the appropriate thread and post in there.
I am in H1 and filed for 485 and EAD, AP. Still have my H1B visa in my passport. Does getting EAD mean you are no more in H1? Or you really have to USE it to be out of H1.
I am in H1 and filed for 485 and EAD, AP. Still have my H1B visa in my passport. Does getting EAD mean you are no more in H1? Or you really have to USE it to be out of H1.
dresses justin bieber 2011 tour dates
walking_dude
01-28 07:22 PM
Your situation is exactly like mine. Got OCI for first kid and PIO for the second.
Yes, rules have changed now. They denied OCI application submitted by a friend of mine (for his daughter). PIO is the only available choice.
This question is specific to Indian nationals with children born in US.
Has anyone on H1 or pending 485 received OCI for their US born child? We were able to get OCI for our first child a few years ago but the rules seem to have changed and cgisf.org states that a child whose both parents are Indian citizens can't get OCI. Any ideas? Is PIO the right option now?
Yes, rules have changed now. They denied OCI application submitted by a friend of mine (for his daughter). PIO is the only available choice.
This question is specific to Indian nationals with children born in US.
Has anyone on H1 or pending 485 received OCI for their US born child? We were able to get OCI for our first child a few years ago but the rules seem to have changed and cgisf.org states that a child whose both parents are Indian citizens can't get OCI. Any ideas? Is PIO the right option now?
more...
makeup justin bieber 2011 tour dates

Rajeev
10-10 09:58 PM
It seems that the bill S 1085 (the Reuniting Families Act (RFA) has become active again. I received e-mails from Senator Menedez and Senator Lautenberg talking about the bill. Senator Menendex mentioned the recapture employment-based visas that haven't been used in past years so that they may be used in future years. Among other things, he also mentioned that he will continue to address the concerns of employment-based visas in the context of comprehensive immigration reform. He is the sponsor of the S 1085 bill.
Senetor Lautenberg mentioned "Under current immigration law, employment-based immigration is limited to 140,000 visas, or green cards, per year. The process for obtaining employment-based visas can take years to complete, causing many of these visas to go unused. There is also an annual per-country limit that caps at seven percent the number of employment-based immigrants that can come from any one country. In some instances, this per-country cap causes employers to consider country of origin, not talent, when hiring foreign workers.
A bill has been introduced in the Senate that would address some of these delays and caps. The �Reuniting American Families Act� (S. 1085) would recapture unused employment-based visas from prior years. This bill would allow the Department of Homeland Security to issue any unused visas from Fiscal Years 1992-2007 and in the future roll over any unused visas from one year to the next. It would also increase the per-country cap for employment-based visas to ten percent of the annual total."
It seems that Senator Menendez is doing a lot of work to bring relief to all immigrants including employment based. It may be brought in the lame-duck session in December.
Please call your Senators to co-sponsor/support this bill.
Senetor Lautenberg mentioned "Under current immigration law, employment-based immigration is limited to 140,000 visas, or green cards, per year. The process for obtaining employment-based visas can take years to complete, causing many of these visas to go unused. There is also an annual per-country limit that caps at seven percent the number of employment-based immigrants that can come from any one country. In some instances, this per-country cap causes employers to consider country of origin, not talent, when hiring foreign workers.
A bill has been introduced in the Senate that would address some of these delays and caps. The �Reuniting American Families Act� (S. 1085) would recapture unused employment-based visas from prior years. This bill would allow the Department of Homeland Security to issue any unused visas from Fiscal Years 1992-2007 and in the future roll over any unused visas from one year to the next. It would also increase the per-country cap for employment-based visas to ten percent of the annual total."
It seems that Senator Menendez is doing a lot of work to bring relief to all immigrants including employment based. It may be brought in the lame-duck session in December.
Please call your Senators to co-sponsor/support this bill.
girlfriend girlfriend justin bieber 2011
tabletpc
08-27 09:16 AM
Thanks guys for response...
so basically in short....
I can aply for visitors visa an visit cananda while my PR is in proceess right..??
so basically in short....
I can aply for visitors visa an visit cananda while my PR is in proceess right..??
hairstyles 2011 dresses justin bieber
chanduv23
03-15 06:57 AM
In 1996 I joined a residency on J-1
1999-2001 i did a fellowship
2001-2003 another fellowship- needed special permission from ECFMG
2003 started a waiver job and I'm still in the same job in my 4th year.
Good job in a very nice metropolitan area.
Home residency requirement is 2 years
The new Conrad law is certainly better and should make things somewhat easier.
Hi Paskal, I am trying to understand things here. So you got a "J1" transfer to do your fellowship and again another J1 transfer/extension to do your fellowship?
The reason I ask is, my wife is on h1b and is currently in her 1st year residency (IM) and wants to do a fellowship, so the fellowship must be done on a h1b only I guess and h1b is only for 6 years unless the organization files for GC and get extensions. In general how are fellowships on h1b or J1? As such residency on h1b is extremely in recent times so I guess same is with fellowship.
If you have gone through a J1 residency and 2 fellowships and a wiaver job for 4 years, means you really worked it out very hard. Members like you must be an inspiration for other IV members. Maybe you must submit your story to IV.
1999-2001 i did a fellowship
2001-2003 another fellowship- needed special permission from ECFMG
2003 started a waiver job and I'm still in the same job in my 4th year.
Good job in a very nice metropolitan area.
Home residency requirement is 2 years
The new Conrad law is certainly better and should make things somewhat easier.
Hi Paskal, I am trying to understand things here. So you got a "J1" transfer to do your fellowship and again another J1 transfer/extension to do your fellowship?
The reason I ask is, my wife is on h1b and is currently in her 1st year residency (IM) and wants to do a fellowship, so the fellowship must be done on a h1b only I guess and h1b is only for 6 years unless the organization files for GC and get extensions. In general how are fellowships on h1b or J1? As such residency on h1b is extremely in recent times so I guess same is with fellowship.
If you have gone through a J1 residency and 2 fellowships and a wiaver job for 4 years, means you really worked it out very hard. Members like you must be an inspiration for other IV members. Maybe you must submit your story to IV.
gceverywhere
06-10 08:00 PM
1000+ views in 8 hours but only 2 more people have called all representatives during the entire day today.
Seriously, what will it take for the rest of you to call?
Some of you don't like the title of the thread. I understand your concerns but I don't know how else to wake people up. Guys, I'm risking going from a 'green status' to 'red status' here on IV by continuing to push this thread but if that will make a few people call the representatives then I'm willing to pay the price.
Seriously, what will it take for the rest of you to call?
Some of you don't like the title of the thread. I understand your concerns but I don't know how else to wake people up. Guys, I'm risking going from a 'green status' to 'red status' here on IV by continuing to push this thread but if that will make a few people call the representatives then I'm willing to pay the price.
belmontboy
02-11 02:42 PM
Hi Folks,
What is the fastest and perhaps a little economic way to get documents over to chennai (Tamil Nadu) or Calicut (Kerala) from here in San Jose, ca.
USPS has this service called Express Mail ($27.95) or Priority Mail ($12.95)
I guess USPS is claiming 6-10 days (guess no gurantee) to india.
Other couriers seems to be $70+ (FedEx, UPS, DHL)..
Anyone has had good luck with USPS ? or do you suggest the couriers mentioned above ?
Need to get docs for an interview for parents on Feb 26th in Chennai...
Thanks in Advance for your reply !!
DHL. Costs 45$ flat rate. Take about 3 working days
What is the fastest and perhaps a little economic way to get documents over to chennai (Tamil Nadu) or Calicut (Kerala) from here in San Jose, ca.
USPS has this service called Express Mail ($27.95) or Priority Mail ($12.95)
I guess USPS is claiming 6-10 days (guess no gurantee) to india.
Other couriers seems to be $70+ (FedEx, UPS, DHL)..
Anyone has had good luck with USPS ? or do you suggest the couriers mentioned above ?
Need to get docs for an interview for parents on Feb 26th in Chennai...
Thanks in Advance for your reply !!
DHL. Costs 45$ flat rate. Take about 3 working days


