gcnirvana
04-30 12:37 PM
I was also taken aback initially when I read this. The 8 year wait doesnt apply to title 5. Title 5 already is designed to clear the backlog of EB immigration from 6 years to 0/at best minimum since quota is increased and there are exemptions. The 8 year backlog refers to family based.
I was shocked as well, when I read about that in the other thread. Thanks for clarifying this Pappu!
I was shocked as well, when I read about that in the other thread. Thanks for clarifying this Pappu!
eswaraprasad73
02-12 12:49 PM
My friend's I-140 was field in Oct. It was filed at VT, but finally got transferred to TX. I-140 got approved in just 10 business days.
This is a surprise for us.
This is a surprise for us.
ssdtm
12-11 04:49 PM
Here is good thread that answers most of your questions
http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1129&page=6
http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1129&page=6
perm2gc
12-24 01:36 AM
Hi Nair/Perm,
I am not a returning US resident.
One of the companies sponsored my H1B and I am trying to get the visa stamped in India.
I got the wage report from the company but not the "Unemployment" wage report, so I am confused.
Any help about the document would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot for all your help.
Have a nice time!
Thanks & Regards,
Chak
i know you are not in US.You cannot get the unemployment report yourself directly.You ask the company who sponsored the visa.They will get thru the attorney.
check this : http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/article.asp?ARTICLEID=572&PAGEID=67&SUBID=113
I am not a returning US resident.
One of the companies sponsored my H1B and I am trying to get the visa stamped in India.
I got the wage report from the company but not the "Unemployment" wage report, so I am confused.
Any help about the document would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot for all your help.
Have a nice time!
Thanks & Regards,
Chak
i know you are not in US.You cannot get the unemployment report yourself directly.You ask the company who sponsored the visa.They will get thru the attorney.
check this : http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/article.asp?ARTICLEID=572&PAGEID=67&SUBID=113
more...
gc4arun
08-23 03:09 PM
Any specifics on the interview? Were you asked any documents to submit? Was the interview for both the applicant and the dependent?
SoP
Yes, I had been provided a standard list of documents to come prepared with. Some of them included:
1. All EAD's APs's
2. I 94
3. Tax returns last 3 years
4. If I have changed employers ac21, and paystubs( in my case I did, so I took copies of Ac21 EVL and recent paystubs)
5. Passport
6. Drivers license
7. All H1b's
8. Marriage certificate
There were other items in the list, but were not relevant to my case.
My ( and my wife's) interview happened July 30th in chicago at 8 am . I was asked to take an oath, and asked for some of the above documents one by one specially 4, and 1, 6 and 8. The IO had my complete file, and asked confirmatory questions on the information that I had provided in I485 form. It was a pleasant experience, and since my dates were not current then, he asked me to wait until it becomes current. Since I had 2 I 140's attached to my ac21 eVL , I reiterated that my case has been current in the past and I am EB2 and he was initially surprised, because he had not checked that I had a second I140, and said that he will make a special notation on my case that it was Eb2 and not Eb3 as was mentioned on the comments on the first page on the file( my gosh!!that was an eye opener inspite of my having provided all the right papers, and inspite of being together in a single file that they had right in front of me, the notation on the top still considered me as Eb3). My wife, who is a dependent on my case was asked same questions one by one. It took less than 30 minutes for both of us.
So, I am keeping my fingers crossed for Sept..........and I would like to think of myself as preadjuciated:) I received a soft LUD the very next day with no status change.
hope that answers all your questions
SoP
Yes, I had been provided a standard list of documents to come prepared with. Some of them included:
1. All EAD's APs's
2. I 94
3. Tax returns last 3 years
4. If I have changed employers ac21, and paystubs( in my case I did, so I took copies of Ac21 EVL and recent paystubs)
5. Passport
6. Drivers license
7. All H1b's
8. Marriage certificate
There were other items in the list, but were not relevant to my case.
My ( and my wife's) interview happened July 30th in chicago at 8 am . I was asked to take an oath, and asked for some of the above documents one by one specially 4, and 1, 6 and 8. The IO had my complete file, and asked confirmatory questions on the information that I had provided in I485 form. It was a pleasant experience, and since my dates were not current then, he asked me to wait until it becomes current. Since I had 2 I 140's attached to my ac21 eVL , I reiterated that my case has been current in the past and I am EB2 and he was initially surprised, because he had not checked that I had a second I140, and said that he will make a special notation on my case that it was Eb2 and not Eb3 as was mentioned on the comments on the first page on the file( my gosh!!that was an eye opener inspite of my having provided all the right papers, and inspite of being together in a single file that they had right in front of me, the notation on the top still considered me as Eb3). My wife, who is a dependent on my case was asked same questions one by one. It took less than 30 minutes for both of us.
So, I am keeping my fingers crossed for Sept..........and I would like to think of myself as preadjuciated:) I received a soft LUD the very next day with no status change.
hope that answers all your questions
glus
01-30 09:10 AM
Wow...wait a minute here.
He does not have the stamp in his passport for the new employer. If he has already quit his old employer for which he has the H1B stamp, then he probably must have a new stamp(for latest H1) for re-entering.
First of all, he would be using his new I-94 that is attached to the new H1 he just got from his new employer. So his departure record would show him working for new employer. When he comes back, if he doesnt have visa Hstamp for the new employer, then it would be a problem, I am pretty sure.
Better check with a lawyer newh1user. I am pretty sure you will need new H1 stamp that is tied to new I-797 if you exit USA and give your latest I-94 when leaving.
Also, think about getting an H1 stamp overseas in Europe while you are at this situation. If you have a bachelors or masters degree from United States, then getting H1 stamping in countries other than your home country is not a big challenge.
Hi Logiclife: if one has an unexpired H1 visa stamp, one can re-enter the country as long as he can show an I797 approval from the new employer. Change of employers does not invalidate an H1 visa stamp.
G
He does not have the stamp in his passport for the new employer. If he has already quit his old employer for which he has the H1B stamp, then he probably must have a new stamp(for latest H1) for re-entering.
First of all, he would be using his new I-94 that is attached to the new H1 he just got from his new employer. So his departure record would show him working for new employer. When he comes back, if he doesnt have visa Hstamp for the new employer, then it would be a problem, I am pretty sure.
Better check with a lawyer newh1user. I am pretty sure you will need new H1 stamp that is tied to new I-797 if you exit USA and give your latest I-94 when leaving.
Also, think about getting an H1 stamp overseas in Europe while you are at this situation. If you have a bachelors or masters degree from United States, then getting H1 stamping in countries other than your home country is not a big challenge.
Hi Logiclife: if one has an unexpired H1 visa stamp, one can re-enter the country as long as he can show an I797 approval from the new employer. Change of employers does not invalidate an H1 visa stamp.
G
more...
Asian
07-19 09:39 AM
Well, some people think it is of no use trying to predict anything. I have a slightly different opinion. If I had known this kind of thing could happen to me eight years ago (or at least five years ago), I definitely have chosen a different path. The same thing applies to now. If I could have a glimpse of five years from now, I might choose a different path.
Predictions work if it is based upon reasonable data and calculations. I think it would be actually humane of USIC if it could supply more statistical data about the number of applicants they are getting and the rate they are processing or even the projection of cut off dates for next two years. Of course we will not blame them if it deviates. They can simply say it is subject to change to avoid any legal complications. They are the organization that has most information after all. I think it is something we can suggest to law makers, too. Nobody likes surprises anymore in modern life. The more we can see the future, the better decision we can make and the less time we lose in vain.
I am not saying we can be negligent for necessary law changes but we have to think of various scenarios with probabilities.
I am also thinking IV core members may have a better statistical data from the members. These statistical data are actually very important if we use them well. ( I am not saying exposing private info.) The numbers talk louder than words. The same rule applies to law makers as well.
Predictions work if it is based upon reasonable data and calculations. I think it would be actually humane of USIC if it could supply more statistical data about the number of applicants they are getting and the rate they are processing or even the projection of cut off dates for next two years. Of course we will not blame them if it deviates. They can simply say it is subject to change to avoid any legal complications. They are the organization that has most information after all. I think it is something we can suggest to law makers, too. Nobody likes surprises anymore in modern life. The more we can see the future, the better decision we can make and the less time we lose in vain.
I am not saying we can be negligent for necessary law changes but we have to think of various scenarios with probabilities.
I am also thinking IV core members may have a better statistical data from the members. These statistical data are actually very important if we use them well. ( I am not saying exposing private info.) The numbers talk louder than words. The same rule applies to law makers as well.
flresident
09-05 02:46 PM
I had got RFE email on 8/28/08. I got the letter today in mail.
My mother's name on G325A was written as her mainden name (as per form instructions) and its her married name on my BC. Now USCIS finds this discrepancy and needs evidence to establish my parentage. I will have to submit my BC which is already been done. I am not sure if that will suffice.
Has anyone else had similar issue?
Thank you in advance.
Probably what you need is an affidavit confirming your mother's both names.
That's my opinion.
My mother's name on G325A was written as her mainden name (as per form instructions) and its her married name on my BC. Now USCIS finds this discrepancy and needs evidence to establish my parentage. I will have to submit my BC which is already been done. I am not sure if that will suffice.
Has anyone else had similar issue?
Thank you in advance.
Probably what you need is an affidavit confirming your mother's both names.
That's my opinion.
more...
morchu
05-05 04:31 PM
No reason to deny your 7th year H1 extension based on the fact that it is for a different role. It DOESNT have to be "same or similar" for this case.
But the "same or similar" comes into picture for your 485 approval. Well........ at that time ... if the original LC position is still available for you permanently, no issues.
Hi Guys,
Here is my situation:
- Labor & I 140 cleared: PD Jan 07 EB2
- Currently working on 6th year H1B, lawyer is asking me to extend the H1B visa for another 3 years since the I-140 has cleared.
- Changed my job title from a project engineer to a lead engineer 180 days after filing I485 ( with lawyer consent).
- Now offered a manager role with in the same organization hence accepted the offer without notifying the lawyer.
- Lawyer will ask me to file for a H1b extension in July/Aug time frame do you believe this might create a huge issue due to change in the role from an engineer to a manager (still within the engineering organization though)?
Would really appreciate your inputs and comments to this, is there anything on the USICS website that clarifies this.
Thanks
Amit
But the "same or similar" comes into picture for your 485 approval. Well........ at that time ... if the original LC position is still available for you permanently, no issues.
Hi Guys,
Here is my situation:
- Labor & I 140 cleared: PD Jan 07 EB2
- Currently working on 6th year H1B, lawyer is asking me to extend the H1B visa for another 3 years since the I-140 has cleared.
- Changed my job title from a project engineer to a lead engineer 180 days after filing I485 ( with lawyer consent).
- Now offered a manager role with in the same organization hence accepted the offer without notifying the lawyer.
- Lawyer will ask me to file for a H1b extension in July/Aug time frame do you believe this might create a huge issue due to change in the role from an engineer to a manager (still within the engineering organization though)?
Would really appreciate your inputs and comments to this, is there anything on the USICS website that clarifies this.
Thanks
Amit
eb3_nepa
05-28 12:25 AM
Hi Guys,
For those who applied for the EAD and it has already arrived (or those who have done the ead renewal b4), when does the new EAD/AP start from?
Say my EAD is expiring on Oct 1 and I apply on June 1 (lets assume every month is exactly 30 days for calculation convenience). Now say my EAD arrives on say Sep 1, then does it start from Sep 1 or does it start on the original Oct 1? I guess my question is, do we lose a few weeks each time we renew the EAD/AP?
For those who applied for the EAD and it has already arrived (or those who have done the ead renewal b4), when does the new EAD/AP start from?
Say my EAD is expiring on Oct 1 and I apply on June 1 (lets assume every month is exactly 30 days for calculation convenience). Now say my EAD arrives on say Sep 1, then does it start from Sep 1 or does it start on the original Oct 1? I guess my question is, do we lose a few weeks each time we renew the EAD/AP?
more...
chanukya
02-20 10:35 PM
I hope IV is ready for this.
Arise and awake....get ready for the final battle
http://judiciary.senate.gov/schedule.cfm?changedate=02/26/07
http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearing.cfm?id=2555
"Comprehensive Immigration Reform "
Senate Judiciary Committee
Full Committee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE: February 28, 2007
TIME: 10:00 AM
ROOM: Dirksen-226
OFFICIAL HEARING NOTICE / WITNESS LIST:
February 20, 2007
NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING
The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing on �Comprehensive Immigration Reform� for Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
By order of the Chairman
Arise and awake....get ready for the final battle
http://judiciary.senate.gov/schedule.cfm?changedate=02/26/07
http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearing.cfm?id=2555
"Comprehensive Immigration Reform "
Senate Judiciary Committee
Full Committee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE: February 28, 2007
TIME: 10:00 AM
ROOM: Dirksen-226
OFFICIAL HEARING NOTICE / WITNESS LIST:
February 20, 2007
NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING
The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing on �Comprehensive Immigration Reform� for Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
By order of the Chairman
beautifulMind
07-16 10:44 PM
if suppose DOL approves the new job position then can I also convert to EB2 with new position and continue to use EAD of old position
more...
mmk123
02-20 05:50 PM
There are 2 kinds of people in the world -
one who think that others (other people or government) is responsible for their current state and others are the ones who are willing to introspect, make appropriate changes and then succeed. Even a dumb (read "") can figure where they belong to.
An itchy dog needs to get himself rubbed against all possible objects so as to keep that itch in control. These websites are such places where these people go to satisfy their itch. Even the owners of these itchy dogs desert them (read "their god-father politicians") when they start doing this. Do you think, people like us, who are busy with their daily interesting work, family have time to look at them?
Look, the option is with us which is NOT to look at these stupid websites. None is forcing you to see these websites. So no point in complaining about them. First amendment rights for stupid is like a cigar in the hand of drunk monkey in california jungles (and we keep searching where these wild fires come from?).. so better neglect them and focus on our goal.
We are surely going to reach our goal, no matter what these stupid people say... if you think hard then you will realize then the life's goal is much beyond simply getting EB GC...
one who think that others (other people or government) is responsible for their current state and others are the ones who are willing to introspect, make appropriate changes and then succeed. Even a dumb (read "") can figure where they belong to.
An itchy dog needs to get himself rubbed against all possible objects so as to keep that itch in control. These websites are such places where these people go to satisfy their itch. Even the owners of these itchy dogs desert them (read "their god-father politicians") when they start doing this. Do you think, people like us, who are busy with their daily interesting work, family have time to look at them?
Look, the option is with us which is NOT to look at these stupid websites. None is forcing you to see these websites. So no point in complaining about them. First amendment rights for stupid is like a cigar in the hand of drunk monkey in california jungles (and we keep searching where these wild fires come from?).. so better neglect them and focus on our goal.
We are surely going to reach our goal, no matter what these stupid people say... if you think hard then you will realize then the life's goal is much beyond simply getting EB GC...
royjonny
06-19 01:16 PM
Well the lawyer representing the new company believes that without a copy of 140
1. that, they cannot do a H1B transfer.
2. that, I cannot do EAD extension when it expires in October 2008.
1. that, they cannot do a H1B transfer.
2. that, I cannot do EAD extension when it expires in October 2008.
more...
akred
04-10 12:44 AM
Try Wells Fargo or Chase. They have been quite good about lending me money for a couple of rental properties.
Also ask them for rebates as they are eager to get business.
Another one I came across was Penfed.org. They may work for you since you seem to be borrowing for a primary residence.
Also ask them for rebates as they are eager to get business.
Another one I came across was Penfed.org. They may work for you since you seem to be borrowing for a primary residence.

crystal
08-28 04:08 PM
Either u need to ask your own lawyer or u need to ask the lawyer of the company where u going to join or do ur own research at risk
more...
ghost
07-24 07:52 PM
Murthy is Immigration Attorney: www.murthy.com
IV is Immigration Voice
IV is Immigration Voice
sgX05
02-17 08:30 AM
Another update on 485 today after it was transferred to TSC...
"The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office."
"The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office."
vban2007
06-07 03:16 PM
I had sent my 485 app to Nebraska. However, the receipt number starts with WAC.
Should I send the EAD renewal to NSC or CSC??
Please let me know.
PLS LOOK AT THIS...
I M IN TH SAME BOAT CONFUSED...
http://www.greatermiami.com/do_business/doing_business_internationally/immigration/forms/Guidefull.pdf
Should I send the EAD renewal to NSC or CSC??
Please let me know.
PLS LOOK AT THIS...
I M IN TH SAME BOAT CONFUSED...
http://www.greatermiami.com/do_business/doing_business_internationally/immigration/forms/Guidefull.pdf
aperregatturv
10-26 04:01 PM
Can you type in all your details , like category,country, etc. Is your PD Current?
PD Feb 2004 - EB3 - India
I140 Approved - May 2007
EAD Approved - Oct 3
EAD recd Oct 10
H1B Status Valid - 2010.
PD Feb 2004 - EB3 - India
I140 Approved - May 2007
EAD Approved - Oct 3
EAD recd Oct 10
H1B Status Valid - 2010.
omved
10-02 02:25 AM
Not bad, got visa approved same day. This was my 7th year H1 extension, while I485 is pending, applied last year July..
Got appointment a month before. Consulate automatically checks for PIMS verification within next 2-3 days..I got banamex receipt made by Mexican assistance services, in fact there are many people / company willing to get this receipt made for nominal charges..
Drove to Nogales, AZ. Parked car in one of the parking lot. Cross border by foot through revolving door. No one is there to check any immigration paper for Mexico. People from India do need visa to visit Mexico but rule seems to be bit vague. To visit US consulate in Nogales, one can get local tourist permit (which can be obtained at POA in Mexico immigration. I got Mexico visa for 6 month multiple entry through local Mexican consulate in US. In retrospect, probably I wasted time and money for nothing..No one bothers to check any documents in Mexico, in fact I have look hard to find someone in immigration to stamp my entry in Mexico..
Anyway, got Cab for $7 to US consulate. Reached there at 7.30am. Appointment time was at 8am. But this doesn't matter as consulate will let all Mexican labor visa applicant to go in first (approx 150 of them). I stood in line for about 2 hours, finally got in at 9.30. Process was smooth from there on..got biometrics / photo done and then interview for 2 minutes..IO didn't ask much, just few simple questions..Didn�t even check any extra document. I was advised to come at 3 pm to collect visa which I did. (Spent 4 hours -11am to 3pm in nearby Nogales mall)
Got return cab to border. Took about 30 minutes get new I 94 made. Entered Nogales, AZ comfortably. Car was still parked safely...Returned home happily...Will continue to wait from GC, stuck in PD of April 2006 in EB2
All the best to you all...
Got appointment a month before. Consulate automatically checks for PIMS verification within next 2-3 days..I got banamex receipt made by Mexican assistance services, in fact there are many people / company willing to get this receipt made for nominal charges..
Drove to Nogales, AZ. Parked car in one of the parking lot. Cross border by foot through revolving door. No one is there to check any immigration paper for Mexico. People from India do need visa to visit Mexico but rule seems to be bit vague. To visit US consulate in Nogales, one can get local tourist permit (which can be obtained at POA in Mexico immigration. I got Mexico visa for 6 month multiple entry through local Mexican consulate in US. In retrospect, probably I wasted time and money for nothing..No one bothers to check any documents in Mexico, in fact I have look hard to find someone in immigration to stamp my entry in Mexico..
Anyway, got Cab for $7 to US consulate. Reached there at 7.30am. Appointment time was at 8am. But this doesn't matter as consulate will let all Mexican labor visa applicant to go in first (approx 150 of them). I stood in line for about 2 hours, finally got in at 9.30. Process was smooth from there on..got biometrics / photo done and then interview for 2 minutes..IO didn't ask much, just few simple questions..Didn�t even check any extra document. I was advised to come at 3 pm to collect visa which I did. (Spent 4 hours -11am to 3pm in nearby Nogales mall)
Got return cab to border. Took about 30 minutes get new I 94 made. Entered Nogales, AZ comfortably. Car was still parked safely...Returned home happily...Will continue to wait from GC, stuck in PD of April 2006 in EB2
All the best to you all...


