peer123
07-18 07:25 PM
Hi Friends,
I have applied for my I485 last month and received receipt numbers this week. At the time I consulted my company lawyer and he said it is possible apply from your wife's company for both of us and when USCIS gets to approving one application they will ask other one to be withdrawn.
The reason I asked and agreed to do so was manily because of the VERY unstable condition our my job. My wife's job is more stable than mine.
Now we are try to apply from my wife's company, her lawyer is saying that we can not have more than one I485 pending, had I known this - it more based on interpretation from the lawyers I would not have applied for my application just applied for my wife's.
Hoping that nothing may happen should I drop the idea of applying for I485 from my wife's company. Although my hope line is too thin.
My question is has any on in similar situation applied for 2 I485s. I am really confused as my lawyer says that it is possible and my wife's lawyer says it is not possible to have 2 pending I485 applications..
I have applied for my I485 last month and received receipt numbers this week. At the time I consulted my company lawyer and he said it is possible apply from your wife's company for both of us and when USCIS gets to approving one application they will ask other one to be withdrawn.
The reason I asked and agreed to do so was manily because of the VERY unstable condition our my job. My wife's job is more stable than mine.
Now we are try to apply from my wife's company, her lawyer is saying that we can not have more than one I485 pending, had I known this - it more based on interpretation from the lawyers I would not have applied for my application just applied for my wife's.
Hoping that nothing may happen should I drop the idea of applying for I485 from my wife's company. Although my hope line is too thin.
My question is has any on in similar situation applied for 2 I485s. I am really confused as my lawyer says that it is possible and my wife's lawyer says it is not possible to have 2 pending I485 applications..
wallpaper hair with lack highlights
ysnraju
12-07 12:02 AM
for my 8th Year extension I applied on 16th Nov.2007
and got approval notice on 28th Nov.2007 with 1 Yr extension.
Actually based on December bulletin my attorney asked for 3 yrs. but got 1 yr. as in Nov my PD is current.
Off-course on 30th my I485 is approved.
So there is no doubt your attorney is so wrong.......
and got approval notice on 28th Nov.2007 with 1 Yr extension.
Actually based on December bulletin my attorney asked for 3 yrs. but got 1 yr. as in Nov my PD is current.
Off-course on 30th my I485 is approved.
So there is no doubt your attorney is so wrong.......
ssksubash
11-13 03:37 PM
Thank you all for your valuable input. I have a follow up question :
Will I be breaking any laws if I just do voluntary marketing and promotional work for my company in India.
Here is the situation :
My clients will be in USA and they will be paying my company in India. I will be on the board of the company , and will be doing voluntary marketing and promotional work for the company while residing in USA.
Thank you for your time.
Will I be breaking any laws if I just do voluntary marketing and promotional work for my company in India.
Here is the situation :
My clients will be in USA and they will be paying my company in India. I will be on the board of the company , and will be doing voluntary marketing and promotional work for the company while residing in USA.
Thank you for your time.
2011 natural red hair with lack highlights. I#39;m tired of jet lack
delax
08-06 07:40 PM
If 3600 have been approved, then between 7200 and 9000 numbers have already been consumed based on an average of 2 or 2.5. Take your pick. We have only completed 4 business days in August. At this rate we'll blow through the 20,000 numbers in less than ten days. That means EB2 becomes U in Sept and it makes 2006 approvals look even more egregious.
Welcome to the United States Confusing & Incompetent Services a.k.a USCIS :mad::mad::mad:
Welcome to the United States Confusing & Incompetent Services a.k.a USCIS :mad::mad::mad:
more...
kramesh_babu
09-10 12:04 AM
No, to re-activate, all that is needed is a h1B extension or amendment petition. An I-94 would would come along with that and that would put you on H1B status again.
Very true. That is exactly I did a month ago.
Very true. That is exactly I did a month ago.
pthoko
06-19 12:43 PM
Does the affidavit for Birth be on Stamp paper?? All those who have obtained affidavits, please advise.
Thanks.
Thanks.
more...
jasmin45
08-10 10:24 PM
Dude,
Just don't even spend your time on this or any message board. Come to US ASAP and file before 17th August. You can add your wife later.
retrogression!... if dates does not move and your wife were not able to file 485 before they approve your AOS... she will be out of status the day your 485 gets approved if she were to stay in dependent status (H4).. she has 180 days from the date of your approval to file hers.. if that doesn;t happen.. then she will have to leave the country to avoid problems..
I would say file it together.. thats the best..
Just don't even spend your time on this or any message board. Come to US ASAP and file before 17th August. You can add your wife later.
retrogression!... if dates does not move and your wife were not able to file 485 before they approve your AOS... she will be out of status the day your 485 gets approved if she were to stay in dependent status (H4).. she has 180 days from the date of your approval to file hers.. if that doesn;t happen.. then she will have to leave the country to avoid problems..
I would say file it together.. thats the best..
2010 natural red hair with lack

jungalee43
08-26 02:36 PM
My I-140 and I-485 was filed concurrently in July 2004. I-140 was approved in October 2004 for EB3-India. In November 2006 I changed employers after I informed USCIS. We received notice in March 2007 to show another approved I-140 as my I-140 was revoked. My attorney replied invoking AC21 and stating that my I-140 remains valid. He attached my own letter informing them of employer change notiifcation as evidence.
On this we received another RFE in Sept 2007 stating that more evidence was needed in the form of employer letter and my tax returns. We replied to this with all the evidence. Then in October 2007 we received finger printing notice which stated that in order to continue my petition finger prints would be required. The case stayed at Vermont service center.
In November 2008 the case was transferred to Texas and they transferred it to NBC in April for scheduling an interview. The interview was done this month.
The officer did not have any clue about AC21 and insisted that I must show another approved I-140 or a letter from USCIS stating that my I-140 is reinstated. My attorney told the officer that processing on my petition was continued after the RFE, the officer went to find supervisor and could not find anyone. We were told that they would get back.
Today they denied my case on the same grounds that underlying I-140 petition is withdrawn.
What can I do now? I don't have H1B. How much help the MTR would be as it would go to same office. Please help. I am shell shocked.
On this we received another RFE in Sept 2007 stating that more evidence was needed in the form of employer letter and my tax returns. We replied to this with all the evidence. Then in October 2007 we received finger printing notice which stated that in order to continue my petition finger prints would be required. The case stayed at Vermont service center.
In November 2008 the case was transferred to Texas and they transferred it to NBC in April for scheduling an interview. The interview was done this month.
The officer did not have any clue about AC21 and insisted that I must show another approved I-140 or a letter from USCIS stating that my I-140 is reinstated. My attorney told the officer that processing on my petition was continued after the RFE, the officer went to find supervisor and could not find anyone. We were told that they would get back.
Today they denied my case on the same grounds that underlying I-140 petition is withdrawn.
What can I do now? I don't have H1B. How much help the MTR would be as it would go to same office. Please help. I am shell shocked.
more...

diptam
06-26 04:07 PM
I work for a wierd desi company - They are okay payment wise ( though they also make lot of money out of me) but 485 fees they dont want to take up right now.
for me company is paying for everything except medical..
for me company is paying for everything except medical..
hair natural red hair with lack highlights. Natural Hair type: wavy and
immiusa
06-15 11:26 AM
Since you have completed the important formalities for two.
Police compliant & applying for replacement cards. You are good.
If you need to travel outside USA, you can get your passport stamped stating that you have a GC. That should your travel needs. Now a days, replacement cards are very fast. You should be able to get them in 3 months period. Do not try to give false information to USCIS (Some one suggested you in this group)
Police compliant & applying for replacement cards. You are good.
If you need to travel outside USA, you can get your passport stamped stating that you have a GC. That should your travel needs. Now a days, replacement cards are very fast. You should be able to get them in 3 months period. Do not try to give false information to USCIS (Some one suggested you in this group)
more...
solaris27
05-31 05:42 PM
how can any h1b visa holder own 33% in LLC .
I thought in LLC all members should be GC/Citizens only .
Please clearify .
I thought in LLC all members should be GC/Citizens only .
Please clearify .
hot Black Hair With Red Highlights
go_gc_way
08-29 03:32 PM
But how will get your final step completed ... which is consular processing.
I was thinking you need your passlips (?) as proof of employment.
Sorry if I am pulling this to the top of discussion forums, this is an interesting question, given there will be many people stuck with retrogression and not being able to apply 485.
I was thinking you need your passlips (?) as proof of employment.
Sorry if I am pulling this to the top of discussion forums, this is an interesting question, given there will be many people stuck with retrogression and not being able to apply 485.
more...
house Red Hairstyles, Black
sonu9
08-01 07:56 PM
hi thank you once again.
my project is not that much long term project . after completing project again i have to go for " X " location only . In this recession time getting project in same place is very tough and then for every project we cant move our whole family but we single persons can adjust and stay with some friends in that project location.
I said i moved not we all. sorry for that i might have tell you clearly before . i thought if i write everything its looks like bigger matter. so for suggesting me some guys cant take that much time to read full thing. so i mentioned only important things. anyway i really appriciate your good efforts . thank you.
my project is not that much long term project . after completing project again i have to go for " X " location only . In this recession time getting project in same place is very tough and then for every project we cant move our whole family but we single persons can adjust and stay with some friends in that project location.
I said i moved not we all. sorry for that i might have tell you clearly before . i thought if i write everything its looks like bigger matter. so for suggesting me some guys cant take that much time to read full thing. so i mentioned only important things. anyway i really appriciate your good efforts . thank you.
tattoo Red Hair
vdlrao
05-11 03:24 PM
WHy should his greencard be pending after two years ? He should get it as soon as you get it. In your case, since you are a MULTINATIONAL MANAGER, you should get this in a few weeks.
If you work for companies that commit EB1 multinational manager fraud everyday such as Infosys, TCS, congizant, LT, Wipro, its very likely that your EB1 application will be rejected. USCIS is now aware of these frauds very well and they are cracking down on this very rigourously. I am sure in your case you must be having a bachelors degree (may not be in engineering) and you must have worked in the parent company for a few years and now moved to the US. There must be one software engineer reporting to you in India for a few months until your case is processed. This has been a recipe for disaster in the last few months but you can still try your luck.
If we don't stop this EB1C fraud completely by the MNCs for their so called managers, our EB3s will be the big loosers who are legally waiting for years and years having a very better qualifications and an experiances than any of the so called managers. This helps EB2 I & C to be current. Yes it will because every year we could expect about 25k spill over from EB1 itself. That helps for EB3s porting/spilling.
.
If you work for companies that commit EB1 multinational manager fraud everyday such as Infosys, TCS, congizant, LT, Wipro, its very likely that your EB1 application will be rejected. USCIS is now aware of these frauds very well and they are cracking down on this very rigourously. I am sure in your case you must be having a bachelors degree (may not be in engineering) and you must have worked in the parent company for a few years and now moved to the US. There must be one software engineer reporting to you in India for a few months until your case is processed. This has been a recipe for disaster in the last few months but you can still try your luck.
If we don't stop this EB1C fraud completely by the MNCs for their so called managers, our EB3s will be the big loosers who are legally waiting for years and years having a very better qualifications and an experiances than any of the so called managers. This helps EB2 I & C to be current. Yes it will because every year we could expect about 25k spill over from EB1 itself. That helps for EB3s porting/spilling.
.
more...
pictures When I was born my hair was
small2006
08-08 01:39 PM
:(
Hi folks,
Here's my situation:
Currently applied for 485 and waiting for receipt
Will be applying for EAD/AP this week.
I am working Company XYZ, in State A, City A currently and will be transferring to State B, City B within the same company, with the same job designation/description etc., absolutely no changes on that front and virtually no change in salary but in compliance with prevailing wage etc. for State B, City B.
Also the transfer is not going to affect my 485 because of my 140 which said "relocation within the US may be necessary" and this was expected when I started my GC.
The issue is with a technicality - my PERM was for XYZ, Inc and the same company in State B is called XYZ Engineering Inc, technically 2 different companies and that's because every state has its own rules as to how a national company can be registered/operated.
Coming to my question re H1B:
My corporate attorney says that due to this technicality, my H1B needs to be AMENDED which according to my GC attorney is the same as applying for a new H1B but not having to wait in line. My question is whether this will have a negative impact on my pending 485/EAD/AP in any way.
Please advice. Anything will help.
Thanks in advance.
Hi folks,
Here's my situation:
Currently applied for 485 and waiting for receipt
Will be applying for EAD/AP this week.
I am working Company XYZ, in State A, City A currently and will be transferring to State B, City B within the same company, with the same job designation/description etc., absolutely no changes on that front and virtually no change in salary but in compliance with prevailing wage etc. for State B, City B.
Also the transfer is not going to affect my 485 because of my 140 which said "relocation within the US may be necessary" and this was expected when I started my GC.
The issue is with a technicality - my PERM was for XYZ, Inc and the same company in State B is called XYZ Engineering Inc, technically 2 different companies and that's because every state has its own rules as to how a national company can be registered/operated.
Coming to my question re H1B:
My corporate attorney says that due to this technicality, my H1B needs to be AMENDED which according to my GC attorney is the same as applying for a new H1B but not having to wait in line. My question is whether this will have a negative impact on my pending 485/EAD/AP in any way.
Please advice. Anything will help.
Thanks in advance.
dresses natural red hair with lack highlights. natural red highlights and
h1bdude1
03-23 11:48 AM
anybody please respond !!
hibdude1
hibdude1
more...
makeup blonde hair with lack
myimmiv
12-17 04:24 PM
No.
We did not renew her I-94. She's my dependent and I'm EAD. She doen't even have an EAD, I haven't appllied for her yet.
Our I-94 are expired now and our AP too. If I need to travel, I will need to apply for a new AP.
BTW, we entered through Denver (DIA).
All you need is your passport and AP. That's all!!!!
You will be on a separate line and the immigration officer will ask you to go to a room and wait there while they verify your status. They will ask you questions to check if your anwers are consistent with your records.
Thanks again lagsum. Do you recollect what questions were asked by the officer to you and to your daughter?
We did not renew her I-94. She's my dependent and I'm EAD. She doen't even have an EAD, I haven't appllied for her yet.
Our I-94 are expired now and our AP too. If I need to travel, I will need to apply for a new AP.
BTW, we entered through Denver (DIA).
All you need is your passport and AP. That's all!!!!
You will be on a separate line and the immigration officer will ask you to go to a room and wait there while they verify your status. They will ask you questions to check if your anwers are consistent with your records.
Thanks again lagsum. Do you recollect what questions were asked by the officer to you and to your daughter?
girlfriend Sims3 - Red Highlights Black
string_235
12-05 05:29 PM
Hi,
My company has applied for my wife's L1B to L2 conversion on 28-OCT-2008 at Vermont Service Center. Anyone knows how much time typically it takes for this request?
When we are checking USCIS website, we are getting the following message continuously. My wife called to USCIS and USCIS said, case status is valid only in the system and the person does not know why that error message is coming.
"Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, you can either call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283, or you can send an e-mail to uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov."
We are thinking that probably lots of applications are pending and that could be the reason. Once they pick up, it will be changed to Case received and pending and finally a decision will come.
Do you know if this is something we need to worry about that something might be wrong which might cause a long delay? Actually my wife is pregnant and she can travel back by air only till January 15th, 2008 at the maximum. So we are just worried.
Do you know how much time it takes normally for this sort of application too? Also if at all, a rejection comes, will there be any legal way she can stay back till couple of months as she will not be able to travel back that time?
Greatly appreciate your help in this regard!!!!
My company has applied for my wife's L1B to L2 conversion on 28-OCT-2008 at Vermont Service Center. Anyone knows how much time typically it takes for this request?
When we are checking USCIS website, we are getting the following message continuously. My wife called to USCIS and USCIS said, case status is valid only in the system and the person does not know why that error message is coming.
"Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, you can either call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283, or you can send an e-mail to uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov."
We are thinking that probably lots of applications are pending and that could be the reason. Once they pick up, it will be changed to Case received and pending and finally a decision will come.
Do you know if this is something we need to worry about that something might be wrong which might cause a long delay? Actually my wife is pregnant and she can travel back by air only till January 15th, 2008 at the maximum. So we are just worried.
Do you know how much time it takes normally for this sort of application too? Also if at all, a rejection comes, will there be any legal way she can stay back till couple of months as she will not be able to travel back that time?
Greatly appreciate your help in this regard!!!!
hairstyles red hair blonde highlights.

nashorn
12-18 01:43 PM
You sure can and better do have the atterney do the job. Not much people have experience on appeal/motion. I hope your atterney do.
boom
10-01 07:16 PM
Would appreciate if some one can guide me in this situation.
Filed 485 on 11th aug but as fedex packet was not traceable I had to file again on 16th of August.
Now I received the receipts for the one which was filed first time.
How do I stop the 2nd application.What will happen If I do a stop payment on the 2nd one.
Will it affect my GC processing fot the application filed first time.
What is the best option I have without getting into some issue.
Filed 485 on 11th aug but as fedex packet was not traceable I had to file again on 16th of August.
Now I received the receipts for the one which was filed first time.
How do I stop the 2nd application.What will happen If I do a stop payment on the 2nd one.
Will it affect my GC processing fot the application filed first time.
What is the best option I have without getting into some issue.
Ramba
03-28 10:49 AM
Ramba,
We're definitely working on this issue and I am sorry that I am not able to go into further details.
202(a)(3) clubs the excess quota for EB and FB together and hence excess EB numbers flow over to FB and vice Versa, which is different from 202(a)(5) which asks for applying the excess quota within a EB cateogry itself.
Thanks admin. I understand diffence between a3 and a5 in 202 section. The flow of EB visas to FB (or FB to EB) make the total numarical limit invalid in EB and FB catagries (480K in FB and 140K in EB). If the flow happens accorss the catagory, the law is broken, then there is no meaning of numarical limit in FB or EB visas. Though A3 and A5 has theoriticallyy same meaning(to remove per couthry quota, if excess visas available) DOS have to keep FB and EB seperate track to control the visa numbers in each catagory seperatly. Before 1999, (ie before A5 was introduced thro AC21) all the FB catagories have been backlogged. But EB was current in most catagories. We do not know how DOS handled the situation. we need to understand that in US immigration history, was there any flow of EB numbers to FB numbers when there was a huge demand for EB numbers. It is better to counsult with AILA to understand the historical reasons and how A3 was handled by DOS in previous years ie before 1999.
Why I am writing this is, we may be still safe by the section A3, though section A5 was deleted in both the bills. Unfortunally no attonnies has reported/found this untill IV discussed it.
We're definitely working on this issue and I am sorry that I am not able to go into further details.
202(a)(3) clubs the excess quota for EB and FB together and hence excess EB numbers flow over to FB and vice Versa, which is different from 202(a)(5) which asks for applying the excess quota within a EB cateogry itself.
Thanks admin. I understand diffence between a3 and a5 in 202 section. The flow of EB visas to FB (or FB to EB) make the total numarical limit invalid in EB and FB catagries (480K in FB and 140K in EB). If the flow happens accorss the catagory, the law is broken, then there is no meaning of numarical limit in FB or EB visas. Though A3 and A5 has theoriticallyy same meaning(to remove per couthry quota, if excess visas available) DOS have to keep FB and EB seperate track to control the visa numbers in each catagory seperatly. Before 1999, (ie before A5 was introduced thro AC21) all the FB catagories have been backlogged. But EB was current in most catagories. We do not know how DOS handled the situation. we need to understand that in US immigration history, was there any flow of EB numbers to FB numbers when there was a huge demand for EB numbers. It is better to counsult with AILA to understand the historical reasons and how A3 was handled by DOS in previous years ie before 1999.
Why I am writing this is, we may be still safe by the section A3, though section A5 was deleted in both the bills. Unfortunally no attonnies has reported/found this untill IV discussed it.


