bpaluzzi
Apr 21, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure you would describe it as "caning" but Android phones comfortably outsold the iPhone last year.
282384
http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1543014
That's not at all what's at discussion in this thread. We're talking OS penetration, not phones sold. The statement was made that although iOS is comfortably in the lead in the US, that it's behind in the rest of the world. Given the closeness of the phone units sold, I'd be _VERY_ surprised if iOS had a lower penetration than Android.
282384
http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1543014
That's not at all what's at discussion in this thread. We're talking OS penetration, not phones sold. The statement was made that although iOS is comfortably in the lead in the US, that it's behind in the rest of the world. Given the closeness of the phone units sold, I'd be _VERY_ surprised if iOS had a lower penetration than Android.
sporadicMotion
Dec 1, 06:52 PM
Slight changes:
Black MenuBar w/ Helvetica Neue
Icon Fun
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz19/sporadicMotion/Screenshot2010-12-01at44900PM.png
Black MenuBar w/ Helvetica Neue
Icon Fun
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz19/sporadicMotion/Screenshot2010-12-01at44900PM.png
Abyssgh0st
Apr 24, 05:36 PM
I'm getting this... one day.
Amen brother.. Arguably my favorite car under $300,000 right now. I've never been so enamored with an 'inexpensive' car. (Note, I use inexpensive loosely here).
Amen brother.. Arguably my favorite car under $300,000 right now. I've never been so enamored with an 'inexpensive' car. (Note, I use inexpensive loosely here).
tigres
Apr 7, 08:50 AM
I was wondering whether these issues only apply to people who JB their phones? Or perhaps there is some particular app that they all have installed doesn't agree with 4.3.1.
I too have no problems with 4.3.1
Open Safari on iPad.
Click a youtube link and watch vid.
Go back to Safari.
What do you get?
I too have no problems with 4.3.1
Open Safari on iPad.
Click a youtube link and watch vid.
Go back to Safari.
What do you get?
more...

rainman::|:|
Feb 13, 12:14 PM
Congrats to the new mods. They're all people I like, so I say it's good news. Perhaps long overdue.
Chundles
Oct 31, 08:59 AM
How can you pre-order if the 2GB shuffle is not even on Apple's website?
You're kidding right?
You're kidding right?
more...
Drag'nGT
Apr 28, 10:12 AM
When you take forever to get the phone on VZW you should expect people to take their time switching.
First, you've let Android have all that time to get a following because it's the only alternative for the lack of an iPhone. Those people have also bought apps that they now enjoy and would have to re-purchase on the iPhone. This happens with video game systems as well.
Second, people are in 2yr contracts. There are very few people who are willing to pay more for a phone they can buy 4 months later at half price on top of the termination fee.
Third, not that many people hate AT&T it's just the handful of VZW fans that make it look that way.
And finally you have the reporting and reviews. All the reports I saw were telling VZW people and potential switchers to hold off on getting the iPhone 4. No 4G, no white and still had the questionable signal issues. The "iPhone 5" was supposed to come out mid to late summer so people were concerned Apple would sell them a phone and then jump up 6 months later with the newer, thiner, better version and leave folks hanging.
People are paying attention to these reports and that's why I feel the numbers were low.
First, you've let Android have all that time to get a following because it's the only alternative for the lack of an iPhone. Those people have also bought apps that they now enjoy and would have to re-purchase on the iPhone. This happens with video game systems as well.
Second, people are in 2yr contracts. There are very few people who are willing to pay more for a phone they can buy 4 months later at half price on top of the termination fee.
Third, not that many people hate AT&T it's just the handful of VZW fans that make it look that way.
And finally you have the reporting and reviews. All the reports I saw were telling VZW people and potential switchers to hold off on getting the iPhone 4. No 4G, no white and still had the questionable signal issues. The "iPhone 5" was supposed to come out mid to late summer so people were concerned Apple would sell them a phone and then jump up 6 months later with the newer, thiner, better version and leave folks hanging.
People are paying attention to these reports and that's why I feel the numbers were low.
spinnerlys
Nov 16, 01:28 PM
Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/)
more...
Macdaddy1129
Sep 4, 02:37 PM
Running geektool. Most of the desktops you see are running it to display computer information, weather, music, etc.
I'm also using a black dock with the icons.
�See this thread for Geektool (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=628023&highlight=geektool)
�See this link for black dock (http://usingmac.com/2007/11/8/leopard-invisible-dock-and-black-dock)
I thought you had gotten rid of the dock but kept the apps and whatnot and just had a black strip(geektool pic probably). Didn't realize that the dock just blended in with the black strip.
I'm also using a black dock with the icons.
�See this thread for Geektool (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=628023&highlight=geektool)
�See this link for black dock (http://usingmac.com/2007/11/8/leopard-invisible-dock-and-black-dock)
I thought you had gotten rid of the dock but kept the apps and whatnot and just had a black strip(geektool pic probably). Didn't realize that the dock just blended in with the black strip.
King Cobra
Aug 15, 01:44 PM
Orbex Sunrise
http://andrej.gadgetgaming.com/images/avatars/orbexsunrise/orbexsunrise.jpg
http://andrej.gadgetgaming.com/images/avatars/orbexsunrise/orbexsunrise.jpg
more...
masterkoga
Mar 31, 05:21 PM
They're idiots. Caught up in the "coolness" hype. Nothing more. And I don't consider weekend wedding photogs to be pros. I guarantee that any full time pro who needs to put food on the table does not depend on, much less condone the iPad to earn his/her keep.
Yeah, right. Like I'm going to be processing 30MB RAW files on a freaking 64gb Web browser.
LOL!
No. Proofing and this so called "manipulation" belongs in a lab where meticulous care can be devoted to delivering perfectly color balanced prints�. Not a silly-assed iPad out in the field. And if said lab is out of reach then bring the lab with you in the form of something with more computing muscle�.
in other words� get the right tool for the job at hand and the iPad ain't it.
The iPad does nothing for me "in the field" that can't be achieved with a $99 portable DVD player used to show clients an enlarged preview. And photo journalists aren't allowed to use photoshop anyway.
No joke.
Look I'm all for new additions to the line of productivity apps for iOS products, but if someone walked into my studio touting their iPad with Photoshop or any other drawing, painting, video or audio app as a production station, I would laugh them right out the door. Do people seriously have any idea how big some of these files get? Not to mention the horse power that is needed to maintain a reasonable working interface? "Oh I can zoom in and do this, zoom out and do that..." Then they have no idea what timely productivity and deadlines are all about.
In the current form this does not cut it on a professional level. It may get there, but not anytime soon.
Yeah, right. Like I'm going to be processing 30MB RAW files on a freaking 64gb Web browser.
LOL!
No. Proofing and this so called "manipulation" belongs in a lab where meticulous care can be devoted to delivering perfectly color balanced prints�. Not a silly-assed iPad out in the field. And if said lab is out of reach then bring the lab with you in the form of something with more computing muscle�.
in other words� get the right tool for the job at hand and the iPad ain't it.
The iPad does nothing for me "in the field" that can't be achieved with a $99 portable DVD player used to show clients an enlarged preview. And photo journalists aren't allowed to use photoshop anyway.
No joke.
Look I'm all for new additions to the line of productivity apps for iOS products, but if someone walked into my studio touting their iPad with Photoshop or any other drawing, painting, video or audio app as a production station, I would laugh them right out the door. Do people seriously have any idea how big some of these files get? Not to mention the horse power that is needed to maintain a reasonable working interface? "Oh I can zoom in and do this, zoom out and do that..." Then they have no idea what timely productivity and deadlines are all about.
In the current form this does not cut it on a professional level. It may get there, but not anytime soon.
HiVolt
Mar 23, 08:59 AM
Its funny how every position at Apple is either a Vice President or Senior Vice President of something... hehe..
more...
manueld
Feb 16, 01:48 PM
http://www.apple.com/itunes/lp-and-extras/
itunes lp and itunes extra for developers is what i think you're looking for.
itunes lp and itunes extra for developers is what i think you're looking for.
igucl
Dec 8, 04:23 PM
Mine as of today.
InterfaceLift link: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/2369/millennium_park.html
InterfaceLift link: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/2369/millennium_park.html
more...
.jpg)
Bing80
May 3, 03:25 AM
I'm giving blood tomorrow - albeit in Norway :D
rtdgoldfish
Apr 15, 07:23 PM
Well I for one can't wait to play Pet Vet 3-D: Animal Hospital. I've been waiting for years and its finally here! ;)
more...
Blue Velvet
Feb 14, 12:37 PM
Just to let know everybody that i just sent my first complain about edesignuk as a moderator.
You're kidding... :confused:
If it's a joke, it's not funny.
If it isn't then it doesn't need to be made public.
You're kidding... :confused:
If it's a joke, it's not funny.
If it isn't then it doesn't need to be made public.
Pete the Geek
Apr 22, 08:45 PM
Has the movie rental period expired? It typically gives you 2 days to finish watching a movie once you start playing it. Did you play any of the movie after you downloaded it?
menziep
Mar 23, 02:26 PM
edit
foidulus
Nov 12, 04:38 PM
I think Apple will deliver a solid update to Final Cut Pro. I think this lag was caused a bit by the transition to 64-bit and the fact that Apple didn't manage to get Quicktime X completed in time. I think the next version of FCP will be 64-bit and will come with a new version of Quicktime X which will finally put Quicktime 7 to rest.
I would be surprised if we saw a 64 bit fcp before Lion. Apples qtkit API, which is thie only QuickTime API that you can compile in 64 bit, is really, REALLY primitive. Its going to require massive updating befor you would even think of running something like fcp with it. You cannot do anything more advanced than splice two videos together with it now. Hell even enumerating all th e codecs you can export to requires going down to 32 bits, and even the stuff that does compile in 64 bit requires a separate 32 bit process to actually do the work. T e sad thing is that apple has had plenty of time to update this API but they have essentially done nothing with it, which shows you how much they care about the pro users nowadays :mad:
I would be surprised if we saw a 64 bit fcp before Lion. Apples qtkit API, which is thie only QuickTime API that you can compile in 64 bit, is really, REALLY primitive. Its going to require massive updating befor you would even think of running something like fcp with it. You cannot do anything more advanced than splice two videos together with it now. Hell even enumerating all th e codecs you can export to requires going down to 32 bits, and even the stuff that does compile in 64 bit requires a separate 32 bit process to actually do the work. T e sad thing is that apple has had plenty of time to update this API but they have essentially done nothing with it, which shows you how much they care about the pro users nowadays :mad:
O and A
Apr 6, 11:54 AM
I'm still wondering if there are xserves in there.
ten-oak-druid
Apr 6, 11:40 AM
Will it be backed up to a time machine?
zen.state
Mar 30, 06:47 PM
I bought a Radeon 9600 PRO from OWC years ago, it was an OEM card pulled from an AGP G5 tower with pins 3 & 11 taped by OWC. They stopped selling them after awhile because of problems with certain versions of the G4 but it always worked fine for me in my Digital Audio.
I had the exact same card in my dual 867 MDD in 07 and later in the dual 1.42 I got. I loved it. Was my first core image GPU. Bought mine on ebay.
I settled on a Sawtooth in the end as I prefer reliability and they are one of the most reliable Macs ever made. Most reliable G4 tower by far.
I had the exact same card in my dual 867 MDD in 07 and later in the dual 1.42 I got. I loved it. Was my first core image GPU. Bought mine on ebay.
I settled on a Sawtooth in the end as I prefer reliability and they are one of the most reliable Macs ever made. Most reliable G4 tower by far.
kppolich
Feb 3, 05:58 AM
Same as last month, new HDD icons, also new itunes, skype, safari, and downloads folder icons.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs069.snc6/167957_526603845308_79701617_30996541_3880047_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs069.snc6/167957_526603845308_79701617_30996541_3880047_n.jpg


