.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Mark Bradley – Dreamstate 7.7


Drone is a word that gets thrown around a lot, often by me. Usually I try to give some idea of what’s going on, what to expect in the massive slabs of sound. Here, I’m so happy to find another artist who truly does excellent drone work.

You know that sound guitars have as they warm up? That warm sound which whets your aural palette, leaving you wanting more? “Reverb Worship” is that sound transformed into an entire song. As soon as it started a smile grew across my face and didn’t end until the last track “All my Ghosts” which sort of brings the whole thing full circle.

Without being overly sentimental, this music makes you happy for reasons you can’t fully explain. One reason that stuck with me was the song “Reverie” used an almost identical decaying melody to what I had written as a song a few years ago. It sort of made me happy that some people still explored this aspect of music, emotional without being overly cheesy and technically proficient as well.

 This really is worth searching out. I’d suggest having it play as you drive early in the morning and get to see the sun slowly rising overhead. There are no surprises, not the smallest bit of an unpleasant shock or increased volume, this is pure blissful drone.


Oh did I mention that the art work is beautiful?