mpadapa
08-15 09:19 AM
singhsa3, Thanks for compiling this report. Could you tone down the statement in the below quote.. make it "You have to be in the same position with same job responsibilities for quite a few years....."
It would be nice if you could provide a link to the USCIS Ombudsman report because you are referring to it a lot. This make the report more authentic for the reader.
Employment Based (EB) Green Card (GC) Laws
� You have to be in the same position with same job responsibilities for an indefinite time period, otherwise your GC application will be rejected.
[/B]
It would be nice if you could provide a link to the USCIS Ombudsman report because you are referring to it a lot. This make the report more authentic for the reader.
Employment Based (EB) Green Card (GC) Laws
� You have to be in the same position with same job responsibilities for an indefinite time period, otherwise your GC application will be rejected.
[/B]
wallpaper jennifer lopez kids 2011. Jennifer+lopez+kids+2011; Jennifer+lopez+kids+2011
number30
09-23 12:14 PM
My Wife is on AOS (as a dependent with me as primary). She has recently applied for admission into Graduate School. Since she does not have her green card yet, she was being considered as an international application and was requested to submit her "visa documents". We sent in her I-485 Application, EAD and AP documents. Apparently, the school did not have these in their list of acceptable "documents for admission". The school insisted that we need to apply for my wife's F-1 and provide proof of financial support.
I got my company attorney's office to reply to the school that she is in the country lawfully and while on AOS, she can attend school and work for any employer.
The school now comes back saying that they understand being able to work, but they are now asking if there is any law that explicitly states that an AOS applicant can go to school.
Could you please help?? Is there such a law? I personally went through F-1 to H1 to AOS myself and understand each of these statuses, but am looking for a way to convince that AOS can attend school while in the USA.
It's really frustrating to get denied because one is on AOS even though one qualifies for admission. Really alarming to see that not many out side the immigration community understand US visa laws.
I would really appreciate your help!
Did you ask them what are those acceptable documents?
I got my company attorney's office to reply to the school that she is in the country lawfully and while on AOS, she can attend school and work for any employer.
The school now comes back saying that they understand being able to work, but they are now asking if there is any law that explicitly states that an AOS applicant can go to school.
Could you please help?? Is there such a law? I personally went through F-1 to H1 to AOS myself and understand each of these statuses, but am looking for a way to convince that AOS can attend school while in the USA.
It's really frustrating to get denied because one is on AOS even though one qualifies for admission. Really alarming to see that not many out side the immigration community understand US visa laws.
I would really appreciate your help!
Did you ask them what are those acceptable documents?
javaconsultant
02-20 05:30 PM
Guys,
What steps are we taking for labor backlog reduction.
Is Quinn & Gillespie gonna help us in this regard ?
What steps are we taking for labor backlog reduction.
Is Quinn & Gillespie gonna help us in this regard ?
2011 jennifer lopez kids 2011.
Canadian_Dream
07-31 05:00 PM
Can we come back to US and plan for our india travel or we have to leave to india from there itself?
You cannot come back to US because VO first cancels the existing valid visas before making a decision to grant a new one. You will have to return to your home country.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html
As currently implemented, neither the alien''s country of citizenship nor the question of whether s/he had applied for a new visa while outside the U.S. affects the ability of the alien to re-enter the United States. The amended regulation, which was published in the Federal Register on March 7, 2002 and will be effective as of April 1, will prohibit the re-entry using an automatically revalidated visa of any alien who has applied for a new visa while outside the United States.
Hi All,
We are planning to goto canada for our H1 visa extension (actually i changed my job to new employer also). My H1 visa expires on Sept 31st 2007.
We are planning to go in August 2007 itself.
Lets say if our h1 extension is rejected or some issue what will be our status?
Can we come back to US and plan for our india travel or we have to leave to india from there itself?
I heard that mexico has different rules?
Thanks for your help.
You cannot come back to US because VO first cancels the existing valid visas before making a decision to grant a new one. You will have to return to your home country.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html
As currently implemented, neither the alien''s country of citizenship nor the question of whether s/he had applied for a new visa while outside the U.S. affects the ability of the alien to re-enter the United States. The amended regulation, which was published in the Federal Register on March 7, 2002 and will be effective as of April 1, will prohibit the re-entry using an automatically revalidated visa of any alien who has applied for a new visa while outside the United States.
Hi All,
We are planning to goto canada for our H1 visa extension (actually i changed my job to new employer also). My H1 visa expires on Sept 31st 2007.
We are planning to go in August 2007 itself.
Lets say if our h1 extension is rejected or some issue what will be our status?
Can we come back to US and plan for our india travel or we have to leave to india from there itself?
I heard that mexico has different rules?
Thanks for your help.
more...
dontworrybehappy
03-03 09:15 AM
I depends when you got SSN.Social security dept informs IRS automatically but procedure may tae 2/3 months-
ssbaruah@yahoo.com
06-10 10:16 AM
Thanks a lot. I find your suggestions great and if followed, will definitly make a difference. Thanks once again.
more...
leo2606
10-29 04:43 PM
I did some mistakes when I went for Visa intervew in March 2007, I have done a new form on line and printed again.If they have not changed the usage of online DS-156 you could do the same thing.
Guys
I entered Passport Issuing city as Bangalore instead of Washington DC in DS-156 form, I am not able to update these fields as they are locked. I cant cancel this appointment as I have already done once before and if I cancel again I wont be able to book for another 3 months. What do I do? Please respond if you have any answers. Will calling the New Delhi customer support line help?
Thanks
Guys
I entered Passport Issuing city as Bangalore instead of Washington DC in DS-156 form, I am not able to update these fields as they are locked. I cant cancel this appointment as I have already done once before and if I cancel again I wont be able to book for another 3 months. What do I do? Please respond if you have any answers. Will calling the New Delhi customer support line help?
Thanks
2010 images Jennifer Lopez Is
Green.Tech
08-18 02:51 PM
If you google, there are so many other cheaper providers as well (but their quality may be cheaper as well). For example, check this: WatchIndia - Indian TV online with live Indian TV Channels (http://www.watchindia.tv/). Anyone has any experience using watchindia?
more...
sats123
03-12 08:00 PM
Thanks for reply and suggestions.
I called again today and same story. The representative asked me to refile again by paying $305. He said it cannot be reprinted.
Application was processed at NSC, I will keep calling every two days until I get a reply similar to what gc28262 got.
I called again today and same story. The representative asked me to refile again by paying $305. He said it cannot be reprinted.
Application was processed at NSC, I will keep calling every two days until I get a reply similar to what gc28262 got.
hair jennifer lopez kids 2011.

Prashanthi
06-23 05:53 PM
On what basis will you apply for a H-1 transfer, your present H-1 request has been denied. Even If you apply for a MTR you have pending status, based on which you cannot request for a further extension/change of status. You can apply for a new H-1 consular processing petition, leave the country, once approved, apply for a visa from the consulate and come back on the new H-1.
more...

pappu
09-18 10:37 AM
Healthcare reforms and their covering of "illegal aliens" in question.
Both are non-issue in this forum!
Both Healthcare reform and undocumented in question are issues that affect everyone on this forum. The healthcare bill is also important before CIR happens. The posts by blogfeeds are very helpful if you wish to know what is happening around you that affect your immigration issue and what others who work in the immigration area think.
People need to stop thinking narrowly about their EB3I PDs and visa bulletins only. If we wish to do advocacy effort, a good understanding of politics, current events that affect immigration reform is very important. Our community needs to read more about the political process, how to do advocacy efforts more than discussing EB2vsEB3 fights, tracking or sending junk emails to lawmakers. It only shows our ignorance of American political process.If we do any effort without understanding the political process, it will do us more harm than good.
Both are non-issue in this forum!
Both Healthcare reform and undocumented in question are issues that affect everyone on this forum. The healthcare bill is also important before CIR happens. The posts by blogfeeds are very helpful if you wish to know what is happening around you that affect your immigration issue and what others who work in the immigration area think.
People need to stop thinking narrowly about their EB3I PDs and visa bulletins only. If we wish to do advocacy effort, a good understanding of politics, current events that affect immigration reform is very important. Our community needs to read more about the political process, how to do advocacy efforts more than discussing EB2vsEB3 fights, tracking or sending junk emails to lawmakers. It only shows our ignorance of American political process.If we do any effort without understanding the political process, it will do us more harm than good.
hot Jennifer+lopez+kids+2011
mjdup
12-15 10:48 AM
Don't point to websites, its just too much reading and the HR might get the illusion that the process involves too much work whereas its not that bad..
I was in similar situation five years ago, all I did was during my final interview with HR I requested them and was able to refer an attorney. The attorney did a good job of preparing the documents and providing rosy sticky tags for HR's signature. That made HR's and manager's life so easy. In return, I'm the medium between my attorney and HR. So, you will have to sell it to HR and engg. manager that "its no big deal"....
good luck,
I was in similar situation five years ago, all I did was during my final interview with HR I requested them and was able to refer an attorney. The attorney did a good job of preparing the documents and providing rosy sticky tags for HR's signature. That made HR's and manager's life so easy. In return, I'm the medium between my attorney and HR. So, you will have to sell it to HR and engg. manager that "its no big deal"....
good luck,
more...
house jennifer lopez kids 2011. has
arc
05-14 09:07 PM
Technically you will be considered a Bachelors in US + 3 yrs Experience = Masters Equivallent = EB2.
You should be a safe - EB2.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, pls. consult a immigration attorney for advice.
You should be a safe - EB2.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, pls. consult a immigration attorney for advice.
tattoo jennifer lopez kids 2011.
zofa30
09-13 04:21 PM
Hi a_yaja,
Thank you very much for taking the time to give me an example. I appreciate it. I just have some comments/questions that will further clarify the situation for me.
1- You mantioned "For your date to be current, the cut-off date has to be July 8th, 2010 or later." I think you ment that the cut-off date has to be July 7th, 2006 or later because my Priority Date is July 7th, 2006 based on the example you gave?
2- Could you please guide me to the bulliten that states the cut off date for countries. That will help me to understand if it worth to worry about porting the PD or not.
3- I am not from China or India. Is that mean the priority date is current for Eb-2 + perm (employment based (2nd category))? If this is the case why should I worry about porting PD from old EB2 to new EB2?
Thanks,
Thank you very much for taking the time to give me an example. I appreciate it. I just have some comments/questions that will further clarify the situation for me.
1- You mantioned "For your date to be current, the cut-off date has to be July 8th, 2010 or later." I think you ment that the cut-off date has to be July 7th, 2006 or later because my Priority Date is July 7th, 2006 based on the example you gave?
2- Could you please guide me to the bulliten that states the cut off date for countries. That will help me to understand if it worth to worry about porting the PD or not.
3- I am not from China or India. Is that mean the priority date is current for Eb-2 + perm (employment based (2nd category))? If this is the case why should I worry about porting PD from old EB2 to new EB2?
Thanks,
more...
pictures Jennifer Lopez Hits Her Stride
fromnaija
04-05 05:08 PM
I have answered that question many time on this forum. USCIS, lawyers and other forum guests have not been able to answer the question of what happens to an H1 extension when the underlining I140 is revoked. So I guess the H1 is not revoked.
That sounds like a great idea except what would happen if you transfer the company and the current company revokes your I-140. The 3 year H1 extension is based on the approved I-140 but if that underlying I-140 is revoked, would the H1-B still valid or is that one of those gray areas?
I personally really like this idea. Thanks a lot for this suggestion. Didn't think of that before.
That sounds like a great idea except what would happen if you transfer the company and the current company revokes your I-140. The 3 year H1 extension is based on the approved I-140 but if that underlying I-140 is revoked, would the H1-B still valid or is that one of those gray areas?
I personally really like this idea. Thanks a lot for this suggestion. Didn't think of that before.
dresses jennifer lopez kids 2011.
diptam
02-18 05:36 PM
Look, the law is that the H1B employer must pay the promised LCA to the employee where he/she is in Project or out of Project or playing or vacationing or training .... As long as the employer doesn't terminate the employment they are supposed to pay the minimum wage.
If they don't pay and neither terminate - its a illegal thing. I completely understand what you are asking :)
when a person is on H1B and out of project and no paystubs, Will there be any issue with 485 processing.
If they don't pay and neither terminate - its a illegal thing. I completely understand what you are asking :)
when a person is on H1B and out of project and no paystubs, Will there be any issue with 485 processing.
more...
makeup new kids line of clothing.
goel_ar
11-18 02:21 PM
Hi All,
My wife's H1B petition was approved in June 2008 with H1B valid from Oct 01, 2008. She applied for SSN on October Ist - But till date, Nov 18, 2008, SSN office is saying they are not able to pull her information from INS.
SSN office is keep saying come back after Dec 31st(12 weeks from October Ist). On the other hand, employer wants her to start working asap; she can't start until she gets a SSN.
Any suggestions, if there is anyway to follow up or expedite the process to get SSN?
Thanks in advance,
AG
My wife's H1B petition was approved in June 2008 with H1B valid from Oct 01, 2008. She applied for SSN on October Ist - But till date, Nov 18, 2008, SSN office is saying they are not able to pull her information from INS.
SSN office is keep saying come back after Dec 31st(12 weeks from October Ist). On the other hand, employer wants her to start working asap; she can't start until she gets a SSN.
Any suggestions, if there is anyway to follow up or expedite the process to get SSN?
Thanks in advance,
AG
girlfriend J Lo is 41 years old with two

sai2005
03-06 04:22 PM
ALL Gurus,
My name is Sai. I am very confused and need your advice on how to handle my current issue with I140 and H1b status.
Issue Details:
1) Applied GC EB2-RIR on JAN 2005
2) Applied for I140 on July 4th 2007 and I485 on August 22nd 2007.
3) Received EAD and AP for both myself and my Wife.
2) Got RFE I-140 on DEC 10th 2007, asking for Company financial documents and my Education details. but my I485 in still pending.
3) Responded to RFE with mentioned documents on Jan 30th 2008
4) Finally I-140 Denied on FEB 29th 2008 and Deniel notice is not yet received. I dont know the reason for deniel yet. whether its an company issue or my education related, I still dont know.
5) I am on H1B since 2001, applied for 8th year extension (regular) on 19th FEB 2008 (10 days before to my I140 deniel), as of now receipt not received. My current H1b expires on 29th March 2008 and my 1-140 denied on 29th of FEB 2008.
6) My wife is on H1b Visa.
Questions based on my Issue:
1) Since my I140 got denied, is there any impact on my 8th year H1b Extension? Am I going to be Out of Status? If
so please advice on how to retain my status.
2) What are the options open to me, since my I140 is denied. Which one is better : MTR or APPEAL?
3) Can I apply for a new Labor (PERM)? If YES:
1. Can I apply for new LABOR before APPEAL or should be applied after the APPEAL.
2. Can I apply for LABOR with a new employer or only with Current employer? and what about my 9th year H1b extension if I file the labor with a new employer?
4) If my Deniel is on my education related, then Can my attorney file an MTR and request the USCIS to consider my case as a EB3? if requested what are the chances of USCIS approving my I-140?
5) If the USCIS is OK for converting from EB2 to EB3, will the same application's applied ealier for 485/EAD/AP are valid or not?
I need your suggestion. Please.. advice me on what steps need to be taken to carefully handle I140 deniel and also to maintain my status in USA.
Thanks
My name is Sai. I am very confused and need your advice on how to handle my current issue with I140 and H1b status.
Issue Details:
1) Applied GC EB2-RIR on JAN 2005
2) Applied for I140 on July 4th 2007 and I485 on August 22nd 2007.
3) Received EAD and AP for both myself and my Wife.
2) Got RFE I-140 on DEC 10th 2007, asking for Company financial documents and my Education details. but my I485 in still pending.
3) Responded to RFE with mentioned documents on Jan 30th 2008
4) Finally I-140 Denied on FEB 29th 2008 and Deniel notice is not yet received. I dont know the reason for deniel yet. whether its an company issue or my education related, I still dont know.
5) I am on H1B since 2001, applied for 8th year extension (regular) on 19th FEB 2008 (10 days before to my I140 deniel), as of now receipt not received. My current H1b expires on 29th March 2008 and my 1-140 denied on 29th of FEB 2008.
6) My wife is on H1b Visa.
Questions based on my Issue:
1) Since my I140 got denied, is there any impact on my 8th year H1b Extension? Am I going to be Out of Status? If
so please advice on how to retain my status.
2) What are the options open to me, since my I140 is denied. Which one is better : MTR or APPEAL?
3) Can I apply for a new Labor (PERM)? If YES:
1. Can I apply for new LABOR before APPEAL or should be applied after the APPEAL.
2. Can I apply for LABOR with a new employer or only with Current employer? and what about my 9th year H1b extension if I file the labor with a new employer?
4) If my Deniel is on my education related, then Can my attorney file an MTR and request the USCIS to consider my case as a EB3? if requested what are the chances of USCIS approving my I-140?
5) If the USCIS is OK for converting from EB2 to EB3, will the same application's applied ealier for 485/EAD/AP are valid or not?
I need your suggestion. Please.. advice me on what steps need to be taken to carefully handle I140 deniel and also to maintain my status in USA.
Thanks
hairstyles jennifer lopez kids 2011. jennifer lopez kids names.
Winner
02-24 11:52 AM
Recently we are seeing lot of people with new id without completing profile they are able to start new thread. What if admin enforced new user to fill the personnel information and then only they can post on this web site. More importantly some key massages\important issues get berried in active forums due to above issue.
Even going further we can put trial period for new users for 15 days .If they have any questions just pay 5-10 $ and get active in forum there answers will be provided by all our valued/all star members (most green as per rank) in this way we get more revenue and members get valued advice.
I’m not sure about "pay to post" idea, but I’ve one more suggestion.
I see many offensive/ill-mannered posts/replies in the forums; this is bound to happen if we let members to be anonymous. I would suggest a verification process in which any new member should provide his phone # and state leader/volunteer can call the person and then grant them access then we can have a healthy debates and discussions.
Now I understand that this will put more burden on the volunteers and state leaders who are spending their personal time to help all of us. I can take care of this task for Texas.
Even going further we can put trial period for new users for 15 days .If they have any questions just pay 5-10 $ and get active in forum there answers will be provided by all our valued/all star members (most green as per rank) in this way we get more revenue and members get valued advice.
I’m not sure about "pay to post" idea, but I’ve one more suggestion.
I see many offensive/ill-mannered posts/replies in the forums; this is bound to happen if we let members to be anonymous. I would suggest a verification process in which any new member should provide his phone # and state leader/volunteer can call the person and then grant them access then we can have a healthy debates and discussions.
Now I understand that this will put more burden on the volunteers and state leaders who are spending their personal time to help all of us. I can take care of this task for Texas.
mnq1979
05-21 03:10 PM
You have to get it from your prospective permanant employer. If you have intention of working for your past employer after you get GC, that would be it,
If you've made decision to work for your current employer on Permanant basis then that would be it..
It's not good or bad.. just keep it simple
hmmm well then lets say if i send the letter from my employer who sponsored me for my green card? how long do i have to work for him liek when can i change my employer after gettign GC?
If you've made decision to work for your current employer on Permanant basis then that would be it..
It's not good or bad.. just keep it simple
hmmm well then lets say if i send the letter from my employer who sponsored me for my green card? how long do i have to work for him liek when can i change my employer after gettign GC?
voicerj
04-04 10:55 AM
When you are in USA and want to adjustment of status with USCIS then only you need to fill out I 485. If you are in USA or not and want to apply for gc at abroad consulate then you select option in I 140 form which will route your I 140 once approved to NVC. NVC keep I 140 with them until they think date will be current soon. and they send out fee invoice.
If you pay fees and still your date doesn't become current for year , you loose fees since consulate return file back to NVC after a while. Generally NVC be little cautious and guess date so applicant don't loose fees, from this I think if any one get fees notice beyond July 2007 then we can safely say that date will be atleast there at the end of year.I read online that one lawyer mentioned his / her client got fee notice for Nov 2007 case. To me date will go upto Nov 2007 by Sep 2011. I would like to find if more people are getting such fee invoice mail / email.
gc_on_demand - Thanks Man, i just forgot about CP. Got it ! Lost in my own world and hoping something works out this fiscal.
If you pay fees and still your date doesn't become current for year , you loose fees since consulate return file back to NVC after a while. Generally NVC be little cautious and guess date so applicant don't loose fees, from this I think if any one get fees notice beyond July 2007 then we can safely say that date will be atleast there at the end of year.I read online that one lawyer mentioned his / her client got fee notice for Nov 2007 case. To me date will go upto Nov 2007 by Sep 2011. I would like to find if more people are getting such fee invoice mail / email.
gc_on_demand - Thanks Man, i just forgot about CP. Got it ! Lost in my own world and hoping something works out this fiscal.


