rajas
05-31 10:18 AM
I know that there has been several discussions regardigng this topic.One thing I never knew was that once your 6 year H1 Limit is over and say you got H1 extension for 3 more years based on approved I140, now for some reason if your 485 is denied your h1 will be denied too!!! so H1 is not a back up to EAD in this scenario...some lawyers have this opinion!!!!
So EAD/H1 discussion important only for those who have not reached 6 year limit
Any comments!!!!
So EAD/H1 discussion important only for those who have not reached 6 year limit
Any comments!!!!
wallpaper Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
FredG
August 8th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I love that shot! Wonder how a flock of small birds passing by (not overhead) would look with their erratic flight paths?
Queen Josephine
August 9th, 2005, 07:42 AM
I am trained as a physicist, and crossed polarizers are a common method of managing light in physics experiments, so I decided to try that here.
You can't use circular polarizers like most of us have for our autofocus DSLRs. Stacked C-polarizers don't black out, because they are both filtering the same light.
With two polarizers you get weird rainbow effects from diffraction, and the whole scene tends to the purple/UV.
Always nice to have a scientist on board seeing possibilities we sometimes miss. Thanks for the great explanation Michael!
You can't use circular polarizers like most of us have for our autofocus DSLRs. Stacked C-polarizers don't black out, because they are both filtering the same light.
With two polarizers you get weird rainbow effects from diffraction, and the whole scene tends to the purple/UV.
Always nice to have a scientist on board seeing possibilities we sometimes miss. Thanks for the great explanation Michael!
2011 makeup Justin Bieber amp;
Domino
04-25 06:46 PM
Thanks man, appreciate your quick response.
Glad to hear you got your visa :) was it hard and strenious?
I do know that the standards for the film & TV industry are tougher, but I think I'll go for the O and not the EB1 which sounds like a lottery.
Best,
Ilan
Well, yes, it was not a fun. I hired somebody and payed around $2000 and the guy send everything without enough documentation and did not write a good essay (actually only halp a page!!). So, of course, they requested additional evidence. Then, I took control and wrote an essay myself (about 10 pages) proving me valuable with supporting evidence materials like awards and local newspapers, programs etc.
Was approved very soon after submitting..
So, get a good attorney (proven to know exactly that kind of stuff) and save yourself TONS of frustrations. Good luck!
Glad to hear you got your visa :) was it hard and strenious?
I do know that the standards for the film & TV industry are tougher, but I think I'll go for the O and not the EB1 which sounds like a lottery.
Best,
Ilan
Well, yes, it was not a fun. I hired somebody and payed around $2000 and the guy send everything without enough documentation and did not write a good essay (actually only halp a page!!). So, of course, they requested additional evidence. Then, I took control and wrote an essay myself (about 10 pages) proving me valuable with supporting evidence materials like awards and local newspapers, programs etc.
Was approved very soon after submitting..
So, get a good attorney (proven to know exactly that kind of stuff) and save yourself TONS of frustrations. Good luck!
more...
bala50
07-26 10:25 PM
any idea when will this be taken up?
No idea when the amendment will be taken up. But the bill is currently being debated in senate.
No idea when the amendment will be taken up. But the bill is currently being debated in senate.
krishna_2001
01-13 07:19 PM
Hi: I need some help in resolving my situation. I im in the seventh year of my H1B. My I-140 got approved on April 2006 with a priority date of November 2001 date Under India EB3 Category. Since the priority dates are not current, I coulnd't file for I-485. Now, my client where I am working is offering me permanent employment on H1b and I want to know what are the options available for me without losing my previous GC status and priority dates.
1. Can I take the new employment without losing the priority dates.
2. If I lose the priority dates, can I take the employment and start the GC process again??
Your help is really appreicated to come out of the situation
1. Can I take the new employment without losing the priority dates.
2. If I lose the priority dates, can I take the employment and start the GC process again??
Your help is really appreicated to come out of the situation
more...
sunny1000
11-19 06:23 PM
Thanks everyone for replying. My I797 shows all the correct dates (ND and RD). Infact, the date online matches the notice date. So, I guess it is ok.
2010 Justin Bieber amp; Selena Gomez

chris
11-19 02:27 PM
I (we) know that they dont have proper system to pull the files based on PD/Country/Category etc.
Looks like they openly agreed that, Cant believe it. :eek:
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/244625389/last-page/
Please anyone find the official published link or verify the source this news.
Looks like they openly agreed that, Cant believe it. :eek:
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/244625389/last-page/
Please anyone find the official published link or verify the source this news.
more...
hope123
12-21 06:29 PM
I applied I-140 with a substitution labor in May'07. Then I applied I-485 on July2nd,2007. Got EAD on Aug20th. Two months back my I-140 was approved. Now I am on EAD. I am working with a very good financial corporation which they are asking me to join as full-time from Jan1st2008. I told my manager that I can join as a full-time from Feb20th 2008. Can any one throw some light on these doubts?
1. What happens if I move before 180 days of EAD to this new company and send AC21 to USCIS after finishing 180 days on EAD?
2. If I moved after 180 days what kind of queries we get from USCIS on AC21?
3. Do we need to make sure my employer also agrees what we are doing? What kind of documents we need from the existing employer?
4. Does my new company has to give same exact responsibilities as my labor certificate?
I would appreciate if any one replies to these posts. Thanks in advance.
1. What happens if I move before 180 days of EAD to this new company and send AC21 to USCIS after finishing 180 days on EAD?
2. If I moved after 180 days what kind of queries we get from USCIS on AC21?
3. Do we need to make sure my employer also agrees what we are doing? What kind of documents we need from the existing employer?
4. Does my new company has to give same exact responsibilities as my labor certificate?
I would appreciate if any one replies to these posts. Thanks in advance.
hair tattoo 2011 Selena Gomez and
diptam
08-04 03:46 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20598 Though the title says TSC we are trying to write a joint letter covering both NSC and TSC.
I'm stuck at NSC since May 11th 2007 - no movements. They have purposefully stopped working on EB3 140 at Nebraska
Mine is pending at NSC since 7th May 2007 under EB2. I can't explain my frustation in words... Don't know what to do...
I'm stuck at NSC since May 11th 2007 - no movements. They have purposefully stopped working on EB3 140 at Nebraska
Mine is pending at NSC since 7th May 2007 under EB2. I can't explain my frustation in words... Don't know what to do...
more...
TheHulk
09-11 10:50 AM
I was in a similar situation with EAD
I applied for EAD in November 2008, it got Approved (Card Production Ordered etc) but never rec'd the card.
I raised numerous SR's , spoke to IO' etc. (for 9 Months)
Every IO was very sympathetic but they did not know where my card was.
At last in July 2009 , I spoke to an IO and the said that she would follow it up
The next day, I rec'd an email stating that my Card was sent in November 2008 , since I did not receive it , it might have been lost in the email and If I need EAD, I need to re-apply
After this I spoke to an IO again, she said the case closed - Card lost in email - I need to re-apply.
Anyways... I did not re-apply.
In August 2009 I received my EAD card in the mail :)
I applied for EAD in November 2008, it got Approved (Card Production Ordered etc) but never rec'd the card.
I raised numerous SR's , spoke to IO' etc. (for 9 Months)
Every IO was very sympathetic but they did not know where my card was.
At last in July 2009 , I spoke to an IO and the said that she would follow it up
The next day, I rec'd an email stating that my Card was sent in November 2008 , since I did not receive it , it might have been lost in the email and If I need EAD, I need to re-apply
After this I spoke to an IO again, she said the case closed - Card lost in email - I need to re-apply.
Anyways... I did not re-apply.
In August 2009 I received my EAD card in the mail :)
hot justin bieber and selena gomez
continuedProgress
06-29 02:24 PM
Thanks logiclife for showing an option when I had given up!.
I have an approved 140 and I can get a letter mentioning future employment from my previous employer. I understand that I cannot apply for EAD since I will not be working for them, however, what additional steps do I need to take to invoke 'AC21 portability'?. Since I am assuming my 485 will take more than 180 days.
Thanks!
A
I have an approved 140 and I can get a letter mentioning future employment from my previous employer. I understand that I cannot apply for EAD since I will not be working for them, however, what additional steps do I need to take to invoke 'AC21 portability'?. Since I am assuming my 485 will take more than 180 days.
Thanks!
A
more...
house Justin Bieber Hawaii Vacation
caond
05-07 05:41 AM
I am holding J-1 student visa (academic training) from 8/2007 and will be expired on 7/31/2010, sponsor by U of Colorado. I am working as a postdoc for a project funded by NIH until 2013 at VCU. My advisor want to change my visa category from J-1 student to J-1 scholar, sponsor by VCU, to continue the project.
According to an international advisor at VCU where I am applying J-1 scholar, I cannot change from J-1 student to J-1 scholar due to 12-month bar:
[Time spent in the United States in any J status (including J-2 status) during the 12-month period preceding the prospective professor or research scholar's program begin date may affect the alien's eligibility for participation as a Professor or Research Scholar.
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2) establishes what is referred to as the "12-month bar." The general proposition of the 12-month bar is that an alien is not eligible to begin an exchange program as a Professor or Research Scholar based on a DS-2019 issued "to begin a new program" if he or she was physically present in any J status (including J-2 status) for "all or part of" the "twelve month period immediately preceding the date of program commencement set forth on his or her Form DS-2019." ]
But according to an international advisor at University of Colorado (my current sponsor for J1 student) that the 12-month bar is not applicable for me due to exception:
[(A) J-1 transfers. The 12 month bar is not applicable to those who will begin a program by transferring to a new program sponsor under the transfer procedures of 22 C.F.R. � 62.42 ;
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2)(i) ]
Who is right? What should I do? :confused:
I appreciate any help !!!
According to an international advisor at VCU where I am applying J-1 scholar, I cannot change from J-1 student to J-1 scholar due to 12-month bar:
[Time spent in the United States in any J status (including J-2 status) during the 12-month period preceding the prospective professor or research scholar's program begin date may affect the alien's eligibility for participation as a Professor or Research Scholar.
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2) establishes what is referred to as the "12-month bar." The general proposition of the 12-month bar is that an alien is not eligible to begin an exchange program as a Professor or Research Scholar based on a DS-2019 issued "to begin a new program" if he or she was physically present in any J status (including J-2 status) for "all or part of" the "twelve month period immediately preceding the date of program commencement set forth on his or her Form DS-2019." ]
But according to an international advisor at University of Colorado (my current sponsor for J1 student) that the 12-month bar is not applicable for me due to exception:
[(A) J-1 transfers. The 12 month bar is not applicable to those who will begin a program by transferring to a new program sponsor under the transfer procedures of 22 C.F.R. � 62.42 ;
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2)(i) ]
Who is right? What should I do? :confused:
I appreciate any help !!!
tattoo justin bieber and selena gomez
ras
04-03 01:22 AM
there is usually a respond by date on the RFE. In my case it was slightly beyond 12 weeks....
I have the RFE, it doesn't state the exact instead mentions 12 weeks from the date of this letter. And the date of the letter is Jan 8, 2008
I have the RFE, it doesn't state the exact instead mentions 12 weeks from the date of this letter. And the date of the letter is Jan 8, 2008
more...
pictures Justin Bieber Selena Gomez
tkasi
07-27 12:04 PM
Hi,
My I-94 which was issued 2 years ago in the port of entry got expired(this I-94 was based on my previous employer "ABC". I have applied for H1 extention and got my 797 extended with new I-94 recently with my new employer "XYZ".
My question is which I-94 details should I use while filing my 485. Obviously my labor was filed by "XYZ" company.
Regards
Kasi
My I-94 which was issued 2 years ago in the port of entry got expired(this I-94 was based on my previous employer "ABC". I have applied for H1 extention and got my 797 extended with new I-94 recently with my new employer "XYZ".
My question is which I-94 details should I use while filing my 485. Obviously my labor was filed by "XYZ" company.
Regards
Kasi
dresses pictures Justin Bieber And
sunny1000
01-14 05:30 PM
Here is an exaustive list of charitable orgs (source: msnbc):
Haiti earthquake: How to help - Haiti earthquake- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34835478/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake/)
------------------------------------------------
Action Against Hunger, 877-777-1420
Agape Flights, 941-584-8078
American Red Cross, 800-733-2767
American Refugee Committee, 800-875-7060
American Jewish World Service, 212-792-2900
AmeriCares, 800-486-4357
Beyond Borders, 866-424-8403
B'nai B'rith International, 202-857-6600
CARE, 800-521-2273
CarmaFoundation
Catholic Relief Services, 800-736-3467
Childcare Worldwide, 800-553-2328
Church World Services, 800-297-1516
Concern Worldwide, 212-557-8000
Convoy of Hope, 417-823-8998
Cross International, 800-391-8545
CRUDEM Foundation, 413-642-0450
CRWRC, 800-55-CRWRC
Direct Relief International, 805-964-4767
Doctors Without Borders, 888-392-0392
Episcopal Relief and Development, 800-334-7626
Feed My Starving Children, 763-504-2919
Food for the Poor, 800-427-9104
Friends of WFP, 866-929-1694
Friends of the Orphans, 312-386-7499
Habitat for Humanity, 1-800-422-4828
Haiti Children, 877-424-8454
Haiti Foundation Against Poverty
Haiti Marycare, 203-675-4770
Haitian Health Foundation, 860-886-4357
Healing Hands for Haiti, 651-769-5846
Hope for Haiti, 239-434-7183
International Child Care, 800-722-4453
International Medical Corps, 800-481-4462
International Rescue Committee, 877-733-8433
International Relief Teams, 619-284-7979
Islamic Relief USA, 888-479-4968
Lions Club International Foundation, 630-203-3836
Lutheran World Relief, 800-597-5972
Medical Benevolence Foundation, 800-547-7627
Medical Teams International, 800-959-4325
Meds and Food for Kids, 314-420-1634
Mennonite Central Committee, 888-563-4676
Mercy Corps, 888-256-1900
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, 800-306-9950
New Life for Haiti, 815-436-7633
Operation Blessing, 800-730-2537
Operation USA, 800-678-7255
Oxfam, 800-776-9326
Partners in Health, 617-432-5298
RHEMA International, 248-652-9894
Rural Haiti Project, 347-405-5552
The Salvation Army, 800-725-2769
Samaritan's Purse, 828-262-1980
Save the Children, 800-728-3843
UN Central Emergency Response Fund
UNICEF, 800-367-5437
United Methodist Committee on Relief, 800-554-8583
World Concern, 800-755-5022
World Hope International, 888-466-4673
World Relief, 800-535-5433
World Vision, 888-511-6548
Yele Haiti, 212-352-0552
Wyclef Jean's grassroots org
Text Yele to 501 501 to donate $5 via your cellphone
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, be very careful about donating to unknown sites/emails. They could be scams (source msnbc):
Finally, the FBI urges people who are looking for ways to help with earthquake relief to be wary of solicitations that could be from scam artists.
Beware of bogus online 'help' for Haiti - Security- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34845486/ns/technology_and_science-security/)
"Past tragedies and natural disasters have prompted individuals with criminal intent to solicit contributions purportedly for a charitable organization or a good cause," the FBI said, in passing along these tips:
Ignore unsolicited e-mails, and do not click on links within those messages.
Be skeptical of individuals representing themselves as surviving victims or officials asking for donations via e-mail or social networking sites.
Be cautious of e-mails that claim to show pictures of the disaster areas in attached files, because the files may contain computer viruses. Open attachments only from know senders.
Decline to give personal or financial information to anyone who solicits contributions.
Make contributions directly to known organizations, rather than relying on others who claim in e-mails that they will channel the donation to established groups.
The FBI says anyone receipting an e-mail that appears to be a scam should forward it to this Web site: Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home (http://www.ic3.gov)
Haiti earthquake: How to help - Haiti earthquake- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34835478/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake/)
------------------------------------------------
Action Against Hunger, 877-777-1420
Agape Flights, 941-584-8078
American Red Cross, 800-733-2767
American Refugee Committee, 800-875-7060
American Jewish World Service, 212-792-2900
AmeriCares, 800-486-4357
Beyond Borders, 866-424-8403
B'nai B'rith International, 202-857-6600
CARE, 800-521-2273
CarmaFoundation
Catholic Relief Services, 800-736-3467
Childcare Worldwide, 800-553-2328
Church World Services, 800-297-1516
Concern Worldwide, 212-557-8000
Convoy of Hope, 417-823-8998
Cross International, 800-391-8545
CRUDEM Foundation, 413-642-0450
CRWRC, 800-55-CRWRC
Direct Relief International, 805-964-4767
Doctors Without Borders, 888-392-0392
Episcopal Relief and Development, 800-334-7626
Feed My Starving Children, 763-504-2919
Food for the Poor, 800-427-9104
Friends of WFP, 866-929-1694
Friends of the Orphans, 312-386-7499
Habitat for Humanity, 1-800-422-4828
Haiti Children, 877-424-8454
Haiti Foundation Against Poverty
Haiti Marycare, 203-675-4770
Haitian Health Foundation, 860-886-4357
Healing Hands for Haiti, 651-769-5846
Hope for Haiti, 239-434-7183
International Child Care, 800-722-4453
International Medical Corps, 800-481-4462
International Rescue Committee, 877-733-8433
International Relief Teams, 619-284-7979
Islamic Relief USA, 888-479-4968
Lions Club International Foundation, 630-203-3836
Lutheran World Relief, 800-597-5972
Medical Benevolence Foundation, 800-547-7627
Medical Teams International, 800-959-4325
Meds and Food for Kids, 314-420-1634
Mennonite Central Committee, 888-563-4676
Mercy Corps, 888-256-1900
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, 800-306-9950
New Life for Haiti, 815-436-7633
Operation Blessing, 800-730-2537
Operation USA, 800-678-7255
Oxfam, 800-776-9326
Partners in Health, 617-432-5298
RHEMA International, 248-652-9894
Rural Haiti Project, 347-405-5552
The Salvation Army, 800-725-2769
Samaritan's Purse, 828-262-1980
Save the Children, 800-728-3843
UN Central Emergency Response Fund
UNICEF, 800-367-5437
United Methodist Committee on Relief, 800-554-8583
World Concern, 800-755-5022
World Hope International, 888-466-4673
World Relief, 800-535-5433
World Vision, 888-511-6548
Yele Haiti, 212-352-0552
Wyclef Jean's grassroots org
Text Yele to 501 501 to donate $5 via your cellphone
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, be very careful about donating to unknown sites/emails. They could be scams (source msnbc):
Finally, the FBI urges people who are looking for ways to help with earthquake relief to be wary of solicitations that could be from scam artists.
Beware of bogus online 'help' for Haiti - Security- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34845486/ns/technology_and_science-security/)
"Past tragedies and natural disasters have prompted individuals with criminal intent to solicit contributions purportedly for a charitable organization or a good cause," the FBI said, in passing along these tips:
Ignore unsolicited e-mails, and do not click on links within those messages.
Be skeptical of individuals representing themselves as surviving victims or officials asking for donations via e-mail or social networking sites.
Be cautious of e-mails that claim to show pictures of the disaster areas in attached files, because the files may contain computer viruses. Open attachments only from know senders.
Decline to give personal or financial information to anyone who solicits contributions.
Make contributions directly to known organizations, rather than relying on others who claim in e-mails that they will channel the donation to established groups.
The FBI says anyone receipting an e-mail that appears to be a scam should forward it to this Web site: Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home (http://www.ic3.gov)
more...
makeup justin bieber and selena gomez
tonyHK12
10-11 11:11 AM
It not the right time to start campaign. All policians will be busy in elections an they may not hear waht we say. After elections may be the right time to do.
On the contrary, Immigration is one of the top issues now, and the stand on illegals and legals will be part of the campaign, besides jobs, economy, health care.
Their main work in campaiging is talking about how they will fix issues (Bills) and what they have done so far.... blaming others, etc.
They can do the dirty work for us in communicating to the public about EB visa increase and legal immigration issues.
On the contrary, Immigration is one of the top issues now, and the stand on illegals and legals will be part of the campaign, besides jobs, economy, health care.
Their main work in campaiging is talking about how they will fix issues (Bills) and what they have done so far.... blaming others, etc.
They can do the dirty work for us in communicating to the public about EB visa increase and legal immigration issues.
girlfriend Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez
yabadaba
06-22 02:54 PM
bump up
hairstyles Justin Bieber amp; Selena Gomez#39;s
satishku_2000
06-08 01:28 AM
u got it all wrong there, there is goin to be an h1b increase, the business community wants it, they'll get it wether anyone likes it or not and with that will come all those durbin/ron hira amendments and all this will happen b4 the next h1b date so its a matter of time b4 it all happens again
Yeah there is always a possibility that they may consider the H1B reform separately. If and when they consider H1B reform on its own , there would be much more focus on the details of the bill.
People like Ron Hira and Sanders cannot overplay their hand .
Yeah there is always a possibility that they may consider the H1B reform separately. If and when they consider H1B reform on its own , there would be much more focus on the details of the bill.
People like Ron Hira and Sanders cannot overplay their hand .
akhilmahajan
04-23 09:00 AM
I have the approval from DOL which my company sent with me, and also the Receipt of I140 which they got after my I140 was filed.
I was just curious, where it can be found, under which category my GC is being processed.
As you said the DOL web site, can you tell me what the url will be, and where to look at.
I will really appreciate that.
Thanks.
I was just curious, where it can be found, under which category my GC is being processed.
As you said the DOL web site, can you tell me what the url will be, and where to look at.
I will really appreciate that.
Thanks.
pscdk
08-16 07:03 PM
485 RD - 06/25/2007 (Filed at NSC)
485 ND - 08/01/2007 (Came from TSC)
FP ND - 08/09/2007
FP Notice Received by mail on - 08/15/2007
FP Appointment - 09/06/2007
Did you receive the FP notice or your attorney or both??
485 ND - 08/01/2007 (Came from TSC)
FP ND - 08/09/2007
FP Notice Received by mail on - 08/15/2007
FP Appointment - 09/06/2007
Did you receive the FP notice or your attorney or both??


