raydhan
01-31 11:17 AM
Dear "colleagues in faith" :-), there is only one way to change the things with this immigration trap - we have to win the public opinion!
Currently 350,000 highly qualified professionals working for this country are in a legal limbo which continues for years. Our current legal status is that of slaves. Yes, slaves! Nowadays it takes anywhere between 5 - 10 years from applying to receiving of a GC. We cannot change our employers within this period, the members of our families cannot work (at least legally) and our spouses lose their professional carrier; if our kids get in college they are treated as "aliens" (full tuition, no student loans, no scholarship); the loans we get are with higher interest rate (for "protection"); at the borders we are treated as "intruders" etc.
The average Americans are honest hardworking people. If they are aware of the immigration problems faced by 350,000 hardworking professionals in this country, they will raise their voice and will help for resolving of this issue. They just need to know that. I believe that in addition to talking to senators etc., we have to find ways our issues to reach the media - newspapers, magazines and so on. An article in Times may lead to a lot of positive changes in the immigration system.
bkam,
Please note that Immigration is not a right. It is a privilege that we are given by this great land of immigrants. Nobody put a gun to our heads and forced us to come here. If you feel bonded by your current employer, you can leave and go back to your home country where you will not be a "legal slave".
If we have the skills and the right knowledge....WE ARE NOT SLAVES AND WE WILL NEVER BE.
Regarding your statement that the members of our family cannot work legally and our spouses lose their professional career........that is B.S.
Ever thought of asking your spouse to get higher education and get H1-B like some of our spouses do? In that way they will not "lose their professional careers" as you claim. Au contraire...they will only enhance their professional lives.
Think for about 5 minutes before you state certain things and type them here.
Good luck.
Currently 350,000 highly qualified professionals working for this country are in a legal limbo which continues for years. Our current legal status is that of slaves. Yes, slaves! Nowadays it takes anywhere between 5 - 10 years from applying to receiving of a GC. We cannot change our employers within this period, the members of our families cannot work (at least legally) and our spouses lose their professional carrier; if our kids get in college they are treated as "aliens" (full tuition, no student loans, no scholarship); the loans we get are with higher interest rate (for "protection"); at the borders we are treated as "intruders" etc.
The average Americans are honest hardworking people. If they are aware of the immigration problems faced by 350,000 hardworking professionals in this country, they will raise their voice and will help for resolving of this issue. They just need to know that. I believe that in addition to talking to senators etc., we have to find ways our issues to reach the media - newspapers, magazines and so on. An article in Times may lead to a lot of positive changes in the immigration system.
bkam,
Please note that Immigration is not a right. It is a privilege that we are given by this great land of immigrants. Nobody put a gun to our heads and forced us to come here. If you feel bonded by your current employer, you can leave and go back to your home country where you will not be a "legal slave".
If we have the skills and the right knowledge....WE ARE NOT SLAVES AND WE WILL NEVER BE.
Regarding your statement that the members of our family cannot work legally and our spouses lose their professional career........that is B.S.
Ever thought of asking your spouse to get higher education and get H1-B like some of our spouses do? In that way they will not "lose their professional careers" as you claim. Au contraire...they will only enhance their professional lives.
Think for about 5 minutes before you state certain things and type them here.
Good luck.
wallpaper Nicki Minaj Planning MAC

factoryman
06-18 12:37 PM
so, my city / state is : Bellingham/ WA
where he I-94 is issued.
where he I-94 is issued.
gparr
July 25th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I enjoy shooting white objects, particularly snow and white flowers, because it's difficult to get the exposures right and to avoid blowing out highlights. However, I'm never happy with the results I get when I process the images in Photoshop. Below is a shot of an Angel's Trumpet bloom I shot the other day. The challenge is to download the RAW file (link below) and process it to either show me that it can be better than my effort or to confirm for me that I'm on target with my image processing. If you post your version, please also post details of what you did in Photoshop so I can try to replicate it. Have fun and thanks.
Gary
Download the RAW file:
http://www.gparr.com/images/gparrraw.zip
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/500/angeltrump03.jpg
Gary
Download the RAW file:
http://www.gparr.com/images/gparrraw.zip
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/500/angeltrump03.jpg
2011 pink friday album back. Nicki Minaj#39;s #39;Pink Friday#39; is pink friday
zvezdast
07-04 08:50 PM
I did the fingerprinting on 06/02/07, first and only time. So, it took exactly one month between FP and 485 approval.
I hope it goes like that for everyone.
I hope it goes like that for everyone.
more...
sundar99
02-12 01:59 AM
Folks,
Personalised emails will add lot off value, sending mass faxes would create more business for Fellowes in selling more shredder. I woud request u to think again before you guys spam the offices
Personalised emails will add lot off value, sending mass faxes would create more business for Fellowes in selling more shredder. I woud request u to think again before you guys spam the offices
pappu
12-16 01:25 PM
There is a possible solution to this. I do not wish to post it as everyone may try to misuse that route and thus block the avenue for deserving people. If you have been denied, you can contact IV.
more...

WaldenPond
07-21 08:48 PM
EAD is usually issued only for one year but USCIS has the option to issue EADs for a longer period of time based on this regulation:
"DHS on July 30, 2004 published an interim regulation that amends 8 CFR sec. 274a3. USCIS now has authority to issue EADs for periods greater than one year. This regulation recognizes the system is overburdened. However, USCIS has not implemented this reform probably due to the potential revenue loss."
Source: "Immigration and Nationality Law Handbook 2007 Edition", published by AILA
This can be done without changing the law. If USCIS is afraid to lose its revenue they can change for 2 or 3 years ahead. I believe this may be a good choice for people whose visa number will not be available for several years. Any comments?
Hi Suk,
We have been already working on this. Please see:
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOmbudsman_RR_25_EAD_03-20-06.pdf
On July 30, 2004, an interim rule "Employment Authorization Documents." 69 Fed. Reg. 45555 removed regulatory language limiting EAD validity periods to one-year increments and provides for USCIS issuance of multi-year EADs. The intent of this rule is - USCIS is to begin issuance of EADs with validity periods of more than one year. The reason for this interim rule was that 80%-90% of adjustment of status applications remain pending for longer than one year. Therefore applying for renewal of the EAD every year, as mentioned in the July 2004 interim rule, "creates burden on the applicant" and "creates avoidable additional workload for USCIS".
This change to the EAD issuance policy and practice will benefit employers and individuals, as well as USCIS. Issuance of multi-year EADs and EADs with full periods of validity will also help to reduce USCIS workload and improve process efficiency. With the current practice, issuing EADs with one-year validity periods�in cases where it is likely that re-issuance of the EAD will be necessary�requires USCIS to perform redundant adjudications.
Thanks for your help!
"DHS on July 30, 2004 published an interim regulation that amends 8 CFR sec. 274a3. USCIS now has authority to issue EADs for periods greater than one year. This regulation recognizes the system is overburdened. However, USCIS has not implemented this reform probably due to the potential revenue loss."
Source: "Immigration and Nationality Law Handbook 2007 Edition", published by AILA
This can be done without changing the law. If USCIS is afraid to lose its revenue they can change for 2 or 3 years ahead. I believe this may be a good choice for people whose visa number will not be available for several years. Any comments?
Hi Suk,
We have been already working on this. Please see:
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOmbudsman_RR_25_EAD_03-20-06.pdf
On July 30, 2004, an interim rule "Employment Authorization Documents." 69 Fed. Reg. 45555 removed regulatory language limiting EAD validity periods to one-year increments and provides for USCIS issuance of multi-year EADs. The intent of this rule is - USCIS is to begin issuance of EADs with validity periods of more than one year. The reason for this interim rule was that 80%-90% of adjustment of status applications remain pending for longer than one year. Therefore applying for renewal of the EAD every year, as mentioned in the July 2004 interim rule, "creates burden on the applicant" and "creates avoidable additional workload for USCIS".
This change to the EAD issuance policy and practice will benefit employers and individuals, as well as USCIS. Issuance of multi-year EADs and EADs with full periods of validity will also help to reduce USCIS workload and improve process efficiency. With the current practice, issuing EADs with one-year validity periods�in cases where it is likely that re-issuance of the EAD will be necessary�requires USCIS to perform redundant adjudications.
Thanks for your help!
2010 nicki-minaj-debuts-album-cover
yabadaba
06-25 06:40 AM
^^^^^
more...
madsat1234
06-01 01:04 PM
Received Appointment Letter today..
Asked for Medicals, Tax returns(Last 3 years), birth Certificate, and Affidavit of Support I834(mine is not Family based GC) why did they ask me. Is there anyone else in the same situation
I am the primary Applicant, PD Jul 2003, EB3
There are no visa numbers available for this category. Why Interview call..
Even if they selected my application randomly there are no visa numbers available..
Please help..
Asked for Medicals, Tax returns(Last 3 years), birth Certificate, and Affidavit of Support I834(mine is not Family based GC) why did they ask me. Is there anyone else in the same situation
I am the primary Applicant, PD Jul 2003, EB3
There are no visa numbers available for this category. Why Interview call..
Even if they selected my application randomly there are no visa numbers available..
Please help..
hair Nicki Minaj and Eminem have
indio0617
02-08 09:29 AM
Yes. Travelling through Europe has become a big hassle these days. Avoid the London route. It is the worst. I have travelled via Frankfurt (Lufthansa) several times. But Lufthansa is getting troublesome too these days.
The South Asian route via Singapore is the best. SIA In- flight service is excellent and you will notice a marked difference in their "attitudes". I have heard about China Airlines too. You might want to check that out as well.
The South Asian route via Singapore is the best. SIA In- flight service is excellent and you will notice a marked difference in their "attitudes". I have heard about China Airlines too. You might want to check that out as well.
more...
ravi2patel
07-24 08:41 AM
If the new company has a "succession of interest" clause in its take over, basically where it "succeeds to the interests and conditions of the previous company", including it's immigration interests such as your employment based immigrant visa application, you should be able to continue with your application. I guess you would have to include a "succession of interest" document with your application.
I had to do the same thing with my company when it was taken over. However, this happened during labor certification stage so I dont know if it would be different for I-485. Please c nsult with an attorney though, maybe even three or four different ones and give them the exact details of the takeover.
Hi..what is "succession of interest" document...is it the actual 'merger' contract ?
Other problem i have is getting hold of an attorny as all are busy with the aug.17th deadliners...let me know any good ones in central,NJ area. Thanks
I had to do the same thing with my company when it was taken over. However, this happened during labor certification stage so I dont know if it would be different for I-485. Please c nsult with an attorney though, maybe even three or four different ones and give them the exact details of the takeover.
Hi..what is "succession of interest" document...is it the actual 'merger' contract ?
Other problem i have is getting hold of an attorny as all are busy with the aug.17th deadliners...let me know any good ones in central,NJ area. Thanks
hot Minaj#39;s debut album, Pink
sonia_sd
02-11 09:16 PM
I just signed the petition
more...
house Checkout Nicki Minaj#39;s cover
aadimanav
11-01 09:56 PM
If there are more than 61,000 with PD > 2006 then it will not help much.
Could you please explay why is that? What if there are nurses with PD 2002, 03, 04 or 05
Could you please explay why is that? What if there are nurses with PD 2002, 03, 04 or 05
tattoo Pink Friday album cover.
fcres
08-10 05:24 PM
There is an Indian guy who applied on June 1st and got approved.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=143709&postcount=2169
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=144063&postcount=2195
But the OP's approval doesn't make sense
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=143709&postcount=2169
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=144063&postcount=2195
But the OP's approval doesn't make sense
more...
pictures nicki minaj pink friday album
tabletpc
08-27 02:06 PM
Krishnam70,
Thanks for the details. I still have some questions and would like to clarify with you.. Was wondering if you could provide me u r contact number or email id.
Thanks
Thanks for the details. I still have some questions and would like to clarify with you.. Was wondering if you could provide me u r contact number or email id.
Thanks
dresses hot Nicki Minaj Pink Friday
manderson
05-24 01:08 PM
we need to be on front page of CNN, FOX, MSNBC etc. if we want to make a difference.
By the way , i did send several emails to CNN. But looks like we are gonna have to wait till someone covers us in media.
just make sure it's not Lou Dobbs!
By the way , i did send several emails to CNN. But looks like we are gonna have to wait till someone covers us in media.
just make sure it's not Lou Dobbs!
more...
makeup Nicki Minaj Featured on
software7
05-27 11:34 AM
I would like to share my I485 experience.
1.Brief History and Denial reason.
Did I485 interview at local office in Jan 2009.
Got Denial notice stating that I485 filed when dates are not current.
This is not true. Filed I 485 in 2007 July Fiasco.
Immigration office recived application in AUg 2007, well before deadline Aug 17'2007.
Got I485 receipt in October.
it was denied due to clear error.
2. Filed Service MTR with out filing Fee ( as this is service error)
Did not get any communication for 3 months.
In between took info pass couple of times and it did not help.
Wrote letter seeking help of senator explaining situation.
Immediately got reply that case was reopened and I797 Notice of action was mailed to me stating that case was reopend and finger prints expired.
Did finger printing in May.
Since dates are not current, I am not expecting any approval.
AT least I am happy that. case was reopened.
I heard that some 485 was denied ( 2007 July Fiasco) due to same error. I posted this experience as it would be helpfull for any other denials cases.
.
1.Brief History and Denial reason.
Did I485 interview at local office in Jan 2009.
Got Denial notice stating that I485 filed when dates are not current.
This is not true. Filed I 485 in 2007 July Fiasco.
Immigration office recived application in AUg 2007, well before deadline Aug 17'2007.
Got I485 receipt in October.
it was denied due to clear error.
2. Filed Service MTR with out filing Fee ( as this is service error)
Did not get any communication for 3 months.
In between took info pass couple of times and it did not help.
Wrote letter seeking help of senator explaining situation.
Immediately got reply that case was reopened and I797 Notice of action was mailed to me stating that case was reopend and finger prints expired.
Did finger printing in May.
Since dates are not current, I am not expecting any approval.
AT least I am happy that. case was reopened.
I heard that some 485 was denied ( 2007 July Fiasco) due to same error. I posted this experience as it would be helpfull for any other denials cases.
.
girlfriend Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday
Winner
04-21 02:26 PM
This is a grey area subject to interpretations. Talk to an Anttorney - the reason I say this is - when your 485 gets denied wrongfully (your Attorney will tell you if the REASON was wrongful) - say AC21 old employer revoke 140 after 180 days - then an MOTIC whould resolve your issue - which typically takes a few weeks to 2 months or a bit more. Whether you stay here or work here - it is the same - no "Particular status". Once your MOTIC gets approved, you are back in status - so it is a big grey area subject to interpretation and Attorneys have different views based on how conservative one wants to be.
If you are sure your 485 can get denied for a "right reason" - then MTR or Appeal may not work - so you have to work out other options.
Thanks Chandu. I'm not in this situation right now, but my comany is trying to force me to use my EAD instead of renewing my H1B, so I'm just looking for some vaild reasons which I can present them and request them to renew my H1B.
If you are sure your 485 can get denied for a "right reason" - then MTR or Appeal may not work - so you have to work out other options.
Thanks Chandu. I'm not in this situation right now, but my comany is trying to force me to use my EAD instead of renewing my H1B, so I'm just looking for some vaild reasons which I can present them and request them to renew my H1B.
hairstyles Nicki Minaj Pink Friday Album
WeShallOvercome
07-23 06:16 PM
I dont think any July 2nd filer got receipt notices as of yet. Atleast I havent seen anyone in any of the forums.
I know, I was asking because my employer will not give the receipt notices to employees after they come, and also haven't let us apply for EAD/AP.
I know, I was asking because my employer will not give the receipt notices to employees after they come, and also haven't let us apply for EAD/AP.
gcformeornot
12-31 10:02 PM
Same here, september 11 notice date case transferred to TSC, EAD and AP recieved for self and spouse but no FP yet.
Some say it is not an issue, some say it can be an issue
but you never know with USCIS... anyways its more than 5 months...... that got me worried....
But I am little better now... see my signature.....
Some say it is not an issue, some say it can be an issue
but you never know with USCIS... anyways its more than 5 months...... that got me worried....
But I am little better now... see my signature.....
amits
07-17 06:20 PM
I don't have words to show my gratitude and appreciation for IV team.
On July 2nd, I was so upset. I did not have a clue of what is going to happen.
Then I came across IV. I joined it as I was joining any forum remotely related to immigration issues.
Logiclife is right, in the beginning it's difficult to realize how important IV is. But as time passed I realized the strength of IV.
When employers, attorney, doctors all were busy making money out of our misery, dedicated core members and others in IV were preparing to take our cause forward and to fight till we got the justice.
Today, And I am glad to be a part of it...
I am with you guys for just 15 days, but I feel empowered.
Today, I was exuberant, and I don't think this would have been possible without so much effort, unity, perseverance, and enthusiasm in our group.
I am going to be a lifetime member and contributor to the cause of IV family.
I run my family in US and understand it's impossible to maintain a family and make progress in the target areas without proper money flow.
To help in that area, I am making first time $500 contribution and then $20 per month.
Thanks a lot IV!
- Amit
__________
Google Order #90033**********
On July 2nd, I was so upset. I did not have a clue of what is going to happen.
Then I came across IV. I joined it as I was joining any forum remotely related to immigration issues.
Logiclife is right, in the beginning it's difficult to realize how important IV is. But as time passed I realized the strength of IV.
When employers, attorney, doctors all were busy making money out of our misery, dedicated core members and others in IV were preparing to take our cause forward and to fight till we got the justice.
Today, And I am glad to be a part of it...
I am with you guys for just 15 days, but I feel empowered.
Today, I was exuberant, and I don't think this would have been possible without so much effort, unity, perseverance, and enthusiasm in our group.
I am going to be a lifetime member and contributor to the cause of IV family.
I run my family in US and understand it's impossible to maintain a family and make progress in the target areas without proper money flow.
To help in that area, I am making first time $500 contribution and then $20 per month.
Thanks a lot IV!
- Amit
__________
Google Order #90033**********


