mrjonie
03-09 05:20 PM
Received by USCIS on June 4th 2007. Have been waiting since.
So 400+ days for me too...
I totally agree with all you guys on the delay in 140..I was also in the same situation...Applied 140/485 in the July/August 2007 fiasco in EB3 (PD Dec 2006) ..After a long wait, received a mail on Feb 26th 2009 , stating that my 140 is approved...
Good luck to you follks..lets hope for the best...
So 400+ days for me too...
I totally agree with all you guys on the delay in 140..I was also in the same situation...Applied 140/485 in the July/August 2007 fiasco in EB3 (PD Dec 2006) ..After a long wait, received a mail on Feb 26th 2009 , stating that my 140 is approved...
Good luck to you follks..lets hope for the best...
wallpaper Jennifer Lopez and husband

thamizhan
07-17 10:17 PM
CHEERS TO AILA, AILF AND IMMIGRATION VOICE
Aside from Representative Lofgren, thanks are also due to the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the American Immigration Law Foundation and Immigration Voice. AILA as usual worked behind the scenes to try and push USCIS to reverse course while it's sister organization AILF quickly assembled a large number of plaintiffs for a major class action law suit. With the threat of a lawsuit of a massive lawsuit, USCIS felt the heat needed to motivate them and the fact that the suit was about to be filed surely contributed to USCIS' quick reversal of course. AILF is playing an increasingly vital role in the pro-immigration community giving us the ability to stand up for immigrants in the courts - often the only place many problems can be resolved.
Finally, a new voice - Immigration Voice - emerged to do what has never been effectively done in the past - organize the grassroots employment immigrant community. IV's Flower Campaign and its San Jose protest were firsts and garnered the attention of the nation's media and managed to humanize what for many was a dry technical issue. IV was also extremely effective at conveying news to its members and to the entire pro-immigration community (including this lawyer) and know IV will now be a critical part of future advocacy efforts. I'm looking forward to seeing the organization grow in size and influence.
Just a few days back I was decrying how the anti-immigration community was able to whip the pro-immigration community in the CIR bill because of their ability to mobilize their grassroots supporters. Now you can see how our side - which, after all, represents the views of most Americans - can win the same way.
Aside from Representative Lofgren, thanks are also due to the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the American Immigration Law Foundation and Immigration Voice. AILA as usual worked behind the scenes to try and push USCIS to reverse course while it's sister organization AILF quickly assembled a large number of plaintiffs for a major class action law suit. With the threat of a lawsuit of a massive lawsuit, USCIS felt the heat needed to motivate them and the fact that the suit was about to be filed surely contributed to USCIS' quick reversal of course. AILF is playing an increasingly vital role in the pro-immigration community giving us the ability to stand up for immigrants in the courts - often the only place many problems can be resolved.
Finally, a new voice - Immigration Voice - emerged to do what has never been effectively done in the past - organize the grassroots employment immigrant community. IV's Flower Campaign and its San Jose protest were firsts and garnered the attention of the nation's media and managed to humanize what for many was a dry technical issue. IV was also extremely effective at conveying news to its members and to the entire pro-immigration community (including this lawyer) and know IV will now be a critical part of future advocacy efforts. I'm looking forward to seeing the organization grow in size and influence.
Just a few days back I was decrying how the anti-immigration community was able to whip the pro-immigration community in the CIR bill because of their ability to mobilize their grassroots supporters. Now you can see how our side - which, after all, represents the views of most Americans - can win the same way.
GCard_Dream
06-29 03:58 PM
It is a shady practice. The main reason an employer wouldn't give you a copy of a I-140 is that if you were to leave company A and company B sponsors you for GC, you can keep your old priority date. But that is only possible if you can furnish a copy of approved I-140 to INS. It is such a stupid practice on part of INS to request the petitioner to provide a copy of something (like I-140) that they themselves approved and should already have a record of. But I don't think anyone expects any better from INS anyway.
I agree that it is a employer driven petition but the employer purposely holds the information back so that they have more control over the employees decision making ( specially if the employee is thinking about leaving the company).
This is not a shady practice. The employer had petitioned for a labor certification earlier to sponsor GC for an employee who might have left the company. Now they filled the position with you, so its perfectly alright to use the same petition for you.
As far as the documents are concerned, they are employer centric and they have no reason to give them to you. You will have nothing to do with those even if you get them. If the only purpose you want to solve is to know whether or not your labor and I40 were infact approved as your employer says, you should request your employer to show you a copy.
The copies are wothless to you if you leave the company anyways, before you get an EAD.
Don't heed the advise of people who ask you to find a better employer. Such people are only trying to get their own GCs faster, since there will be one less person with an earlier priority date.
I agree that it is a employer driven petition but the employer purposely holds the information back so that they have more control over the employees decision making ( specially if the employee is thinking about leaving the company).
This is not a shady practice. The employer had petitioned for a labor certification earlier to sponsor GC for an employee who might have left the company. Now they filled the position with you, so its perfectly alright to use the same petition for you.
As far as the documents are concerned, they are employer centric and they have no reason to give them to you. You will have nothing to do with those even if you get them. If the only purpose you want to solve is to know whether or not your labor and I40 were infact approved as your employer says, you should request your employer to show you a copy.
The copies are wothless to you if you leave the company anyways, before you get an EAD.
Don't heed the advise of people who ask you to find a better employer. Such people are only trying to get their own GCs faster, since there will be one less person with an earlier priority date.
2011 images Jennifer Lopez Husband;
MrWaitingGC
07-04 10:17 PM
When i changed from F-1 to H-1B, my employer filed my I-129 as if i had a Masters, then i changed employers , my second employer filed my I-129 under my Bachelors only. There was also a gap of my H-1 Activation and F-1.
For the semester starting august i did not pay the fee, since my H-1 was approved an H-1 was Active from October.
i think my approval will depend on my Visa officer nad i will try my luck in dec and i am planning to go to canada for my stamping and in any case i get it or not get it i will fly to india from canada.
i will also talk to a lawyer before leaving to stamping regarding what will happen if cant come back to US in 4 months, regaring what happens to my credit and loans if my stamping gets rejected.
In General there is a big need of Talents in US, so If you go now I dont think they will dig details in your case. According to my recent study (As I went for stamping in April)they are just checking W2s or recent Pay stubs. So you should be fine.
Just in case if they ask why you did not do MS and jumped to Job be prepare to give convincing answer.
Good Luck.
For the semester starting august i did not pay the fee, since my H-1 was approved an H-1 was Active from October.
i think my approval will depend on my Visa officer nad i will try my luck in dec and i am planning to go to canada for my stamping and in any case i get it or not get it i will fly to india from canada.
i will also talk to a lawyer before leaving to stamping regarding what will happen if cant come back to US in 4 months, regaring what happens to my credit and loans if my stamping gets rejected.
In General there is a big need of Talents in US, so If you go now I dont think they will dig details in your case. According to my recent study (As I went for stamping in April)they are just checking W2s or recent Pay stubs. So you should be fine.
Just in case if they ask why you did not do MS and jumped to Job be prepare to give convincing answer.
Good Luck.
more...
johnnybhai
03-19 10:09 AM
For the folks (Ajju) who e-filed using a new SSN for their wives - and used the Paperless option: I understand that you have to put $0 for AGI, how about the PIN - should I (correctly) enter the PIN that was used for the 2006 filing OR does that have to change as well?
I have e-filed using $0 and last year's PIN, waiting to see if that goes through. It's been rejected twice so far, since I was using non-zero AGI amount.
Thanks!
I have e-filed using $0 and last year's PIN, waiting to see if that goes through. It's been rejected twice so far, since I was using non-zero AGI amount.
Thanks!
hope123
12-22 06:05 AM
Appreciate all of your valuable inputs.
I am able to check my I-485 receipt date on uscis.gov. How can we know the notice date. As per my employer they sent it on July2nd and we know USCIS moved those dates again back and forth. When we are counting 180 days do we start counting from I-485 notice date or receipt date?
If my current employer agrees that I am moving to the new employer using my EAD and he don't object anything.. I heard if we use AC21 we may get RFE's for what is the current job description and all. Do I have to use AC21?
I am able to check my I-485 receipt date on uscis.gov. How can we know the notice date. As per my employer they sent it on July2nd and we know USCIS moved those dates again back and forth. When we are counting 180 days do we start counting from I-485 notice date or receipt date?
If my current employer agrees that I am moving to the new employer using my EAD and he don't object anything.. I heard if we use AC21 we may get RFE's for what is the current job description and all. Do I have to use AC21?
more...
gimme_GC2006
09-06 08:06 AM
For USCIS all desi's lookalike :p
hehhehhe..good one :D
hehhehhe..good one :D
2010 Jennifer Lopez#39;s Sex-tape
virald
01-31 09:37 PM
Thanks for that. Yeah, that's what I meant! Edited my OP.
more...
shortchanged
08-01 05:49 PM
I hope and pray that they take into consideration of the post mark date . Guys any one has an idea how late in night NSC will accept incoming mail.
NSC gets all the USPS mail only once in AM.Other carriers like fedex,UPS etc, I have seen receipt times until 3PM. may be they accept later too, but I have not seen it in these forum or elsewhere.
I know this for a fact because,my AOS sent on september 30,2005,(last day when PD was current for my country) reached at 17.59,by FedExsameday ($335.00! went waste) but they picked it up only on 10/3/05 the next working day.USCIS sent back my 485,but processed I140.
Tried sending it back with fedex tracking, congressmans letter,Tried thru Ombudsman, to no avail.They did not accept my proof of earlier INS notice of accepting Postmark of 4/30/2001 or earlier, for 245(i) petition for illegals.
So they will bend their rule for illegals, but don't for legals!
I wish they will consider post mark for you.You can never predict anything from USCIS,there is no rhyme or reason for whatever they do.
NSC gets all the USPS mail only once in AM.Other carriers like fedex,UPS etc, I have seen receipt times until 3PM. may be they accept later too, but I have not seen it in these forum or elsewhere.
I know this for a fact because,my AOS sent on september 30,2005,(last day when PD was current for my country) reached at 17.59,by FedExsameday ($335.00! went waste) but they picked it up only on 10/3/05 the next working day.USCIS sent back my 485,but processed I140.
Tried sending it back with fedex tracking, congressmans letter,Tried thru Ombudsman, to no avail.They did not accept my proof of earlier INS notice of accepting Postmark of 4/30/2001 or earlier, for 245(i) petition for illegals.
So they will bend their rule for illegals, but don't for legals!
I wish they will consider post mark for you.You can never predict anything from USCIS,there is no rhyme or reason for whatever they do.
hair jennifer lopez husband name.
LongJourny
01-20 07:25 PM
Is it ok to mention the last date of my previous employment at august 23rd. The employment letter I receive from company A states the same. Last time I got my H1 visa stamped using same information. However, this time I am going to a different consulate and not sure what could be the out come. I also have advance parole with me. If worst happens can I use advance parole?
more...
rajmalhotra
02-08 04:46 PM
This refers to only duplicate filling through same employer, there are no rules for applying multiple fillings through multiple employers:
"Mr. Aytes expressed concern that people might file duplicate petitions in order to increase their chances under the randomized selection, and USCIS plans to issue a regulation to prevent such duplicative filings. If an employer filed another petition with a minor change in the salary or the worksite, it would be considered a duplicative petition. Mr. Aytes warned that both petitions would get rejected"
From www.immigration-law.com
---------------------------------
01/28/2008: Risk of Multiple Filing of FY 2009 H-1B Cap Cases
� Question: We run an IT consulting business for the employers and are scheduled to file a number of FY 2009 H-1B cap cases in coming April 2008. I understand that in FY 2008 H-1B cap filing, employers filed multiple H-1B petitions for the same foreign worker for the same position and some were successful in obtaining H-1B in the lottery. What are the chances that the same opportunity may be available in FY 2009 H-1B cap filing?
� Discussion: The USCIS is predicting that the FY 2009 H-1B cap numbers are likely to run on the first day, April 1, 2008, Tuesday. It is also obvious that the agency may have to go through a random selection lottery process again this year. The USCIS recognizes the problem of multiple petition filing for the same employees by the same employers and has released an information that this year the agency intends to sort out such multiple filings and reject or deny all of them. It must be a challenging task for the Service Centers to undertake such work, but it is obvious that unlike the previous year, the risk of filing multiple petitions by the same employer for the same employee for the same positions will be substantially high since the USCIS has been developing so-called "account system" of immigration benefits processing and adjudication. No one knows how far the agency has gone to develop the account system. One of the accounts the agency was expected to develop was to develop the employer account databases.
� However, there is a legal issue as to whether the USCIS can either reject or deny the multiple H-1B petitions for a given alien by the multiple different employers for different positions. Such multiple filings will not give any benefit to a given employer, but from the perspectives of the alien employees, the chance of random selection may increase substantially. It is uncertain whether the agency will expand their policy against the multiple filings by the multiple employers, but in the event they adopt such policy, the agency may face legal challenge in courts by the U.S. employers. From each employer's perspectives, it may be construed an illegal deprivation of their rights to petition for a required foreign worker, particularly when each employer had no knowledge of other employers' filing of the H-1B petitions for the same employee. Interesting question to watch ahead.
This yr for H1B's whoever applies from more than one employer then his application will not be considered in the random pick.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16188
"Mr. Aytes expressed concern that people might file duplicate petitions in order to increase their chances under the randomized selection, and USCIS plans to issue a regulation to prevent such duplicative filings. If an employer filed another petition with a minor change in the salary or the worksite, it would be considered a duplicative petition. Mr. Aytes warned that both petitions would get rejected"
From www.immigration-law.com
---------------------------------
01/28/2008: Risk of Multiple Filing of FY 2009 H-1B Cap Cases
� Question: We run an IT consulting business for the employers and are scheduled to file a number of FY 2009 H-1B cap cases in coming April 2008. I understand that in FY 2008 H-1B cap filing, employers filed multiple H-1B petitions for the same foreign worker for the same position and some were successful in obtaining H-1B in the lottery. What are the chances that the same opportunity may be available in FY 2009 H-1B cap filing?
� Discussion: The USCIS is predicting that the FY 2009 H-1B cap numbers are likely to run on the first day, April 1, 2008, Tuesday. It is also obvious that the agency may have to go through a random selection lottery process again this year. The USCIS recognizes the problem of multiple petition filing for the same employees by the same employers and has released an information that this year the agency intends to sort out such multiple filings and reject or deny all of them. It must be a challenging task for the Service Centers to undertake such work, but it is obvious that unlike the previous year, the risk of filing multiple petitions by the same employer for the same employee for the same positions will be substantially high since the USCIS has been developing so-called "account system" of immigration benefits processing and adjudication. No one knows how far the agency has gone to develop the account system. One of the accounts the agency was expected to develop was to develop the employer account databases.
� However, there is a legal issue as to whether the USCIS can either reject or deny the multiple H-1B petitions for a given alien by the multiple different employers for different positions. Such multiple filings will not give any benefit to a given employer, but from the perspectives of the alien employees, the chance of random selection may increase substantially. It is uncertain whether the agency will expand their policy against the multiple filings by the multiple employers, but in the event they adopt such policy, the agency may face legal challenge in courts by the U.S. employers. From each employer's perspectives, it may be construed an illegal deprivation of their rights to petition for a required foreign worker, particularly when each employer had no knowledge of other employers' filing of the H-1B petitions for the same employee. Interesting question to watch ahead.
This yr for H1B's whoever applies from more than one employer then his application will not be considered in the random pick.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16188
hot Excited to see that Jennifer
anzerraja
06-15 03:16 PM
From my Lawyer:
"You don't have it yet. You can ignore it. "
Anybody having a different opinion ?
Anzer
"You don't have it yet. You can ignore it. "
Anybody having a different opinion ?
Anzer
more...
house lopez husband name. what
Lasantha
03-24 01:57 PM
No more delays in I-140? Is PP back?
Now everything is queued..... no more cutting lines.
Now everything is queued..... no more cutting lines.
tattoo images 2010 Jennifer Lopez
prince_waiting
08-10 11:13 AM
Emailed my attorney immediately and he said that as long as the checks do not bounce the application is going to be OK.
It does not matter to the USCIS if the checks do not have the same address as on the I485.
It does not matter to the USCIS if the checks do not have the same address as on the I485.
more...
pictures Jennifer Lopez, Her Pregnant
sukhyani
01-03 11:16 AM
Guys,
I am seeing in CRIS, Soft LUD's on old H1B extentions dated 12/30/07 (2006,2007) while none recent one on 140/485!
Any ideas to help me understand. My 140/485 were filed in July 2007 concurrently. FP/EAD/AP were done.
Gurus can you please throw some more light on the following email that I have received from USCIS? I was wondering what the standard processing should mean at this stage?
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case.
My PD is 09/04 ROW, I485 was filed on June 05th 07.
I am seeing in CRIS, Soft LUD's on old H1B extentions dated 12/30/07 (2006,2007) while none recent one on 140/485!
Any ideas to help me understand. My 140/485 were filed in July 2007 concurrently. FP/EAD/AP were done.
Gurus can you please throw some more light on the following email that I have received from USCIS? I was wondering what the standard processing should mean at this stage?
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case.
My PD is 09/04 ROW, I485 was filed on June 05th 07.
dresses Jennifer Lopez
amitjoey
03-14 04:44 PM
How about a monthy subscription? Donate some money every month. Could be $100, $50 or even just $20
more...
makeup Jennifer Lopez quitting
vamsi_poondla
01-19 01:17 PM
Thank you for correcting. I was under the impression that most of the folks were pre-July 2007 filers (retro effective fees until Aug 17th ruling given by CIS). So I thought all impacted by June and July bulletins will be paying a lot without the admin fixes. And the whole hassle of renewals every year. Just cant imagine that we are in a developed country with such silly rules and all. This country needs immigrants now more than ever...People like us who can act, change and move things in a pragmatic way...
Like you said...$2 is many times cheaper even if it is combo filing according to new fees. Let us not procrastinate further...this weekend, let us complete the letter and mail it.
All, please act...time is the essence.
The contrast correct, however the math behind is slightly wrong:
Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.
You may be eligible to file this form electronically. Please see the related link "Introduction to Electronic Filing" for more information.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D
So regardless of number of years a family of 3 upon next renewal will pay $2099 (which is still a huge number compares to $2 :) ) once and for all. That's why USCIS thinks it a good business alternative to give out 3 year EAD/AP so that they can cut cost. At the end of the day this change if implemented will be mutually beneficial.
Like you said...$2 is many times cheaper even if it is combo filing according to new fees. Let us not procrastinate further...this weekend, let us complete the letter and mail it.
All, please act...time is the essence.
The contrast correct, however the math behind is slightly wrong:
Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.
You may be eligible to file this form electronically. Please see the related link "Introduction to Electronic Filing" for more information.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D
So regardless of number of years a family of 3 upon next renewal will pay $2099 (which is still a huge number compares to $2 :) ) once and for all. That's why USCIS thinks it a good business alternative to give out 3 year EAD/AP so that they can cut cost. At the end of the day this change if implemented will be mutually beneficial.
girlfriend what is jennifer lopez husband
mnq1979
05-21 03:02 PM
I know answer for his RFE and i don't know answer for my RFE? Is that a problem?
Well i dont think thats true that it is must that i have to send the AC21. Like i can always get the employment letter from my employer who sponsered me for my green card. All i was asking was that IF I DO GET THE EVL RFE (I HOPE NOT) then in that instance what i am suppose to do? Get a letter from my current employer or the employer who sponsored me for green card?
Well i dont think thats true that it is must that i have to send the AC21. Like i can always get the employment letter from my employer who sponsered me for my green card. All i was asking was that IF I DO GET THE EVL RFE (I HOPE NOT) then in that instance what i am suppose to do? Get a letter from my current employer or the employer who sponsored me for green card?
hairstyles Perez Hilton: Jennifer Lopez
pappusheth
05-21 05:01 PM
when me and my wife went for fingerprinting (in late 07 after that July fiasco), the person who finger printed my wife told her that she would get her green card in 6 months.. I didn't bother thinking about it since I knew that the dates were no longer current and knew his statement was not grounded. We've, off course, not received our green cards till now..
I think they just make a generic statement and they are unaware of retrogression, priority date, per country limits etc. He must have heard from somewhere that people get green cards 6 months after finger printing is done (which would be true in all cases that are not from India, China etc) and said it casually.
Now in your case, I'm not sure if his statement was based on anything really seen in the system or just a generic one.. I guess it's just a casual one..
I think they just make a generic statement and they are unaware of retrogression, priority date, per country limits etc. He must have heard from somewhere that people get green cards 6 months after finger printing is done (which would be true in all cases that are not from India, China etc) and said it casually.
Now in your case, I'm not sure if his statement was based on anything really seen in the system or just a generic one.. I guess it's just a casual one..
sundarpn
07-19 11:10 PM
have the same q. I was told not to change till EAD comes. But with this flood gate open that could take long.
I don't want to be stuck to the same apartment!! This 495/GC crap is affecting even basic decisions!
I don't want to be stuck to the same apartment!! This 495/GC crap is affecting even basic decisions!
ggc
10-16 03:44 PM
My 485 interview (employment based) has been scheduled in San Jose, CA for Oct,29th.
Interview letter says bring following documents:
All Passports, all documents that submitted during 485, current employment letter, W2s , marriage certificate, insurance policies, rental agreements etc�.
I have few questions on this:
1.My wife interview is at 7:45AM and mine is 8:15AM. Does it mean we have to go
separate or can we go at the same time?
2. Do I need to carry employer tax returns also?
3. Do I need to carry affidavit of support for my wife?
4. Are there any documents that I need to carry apart from mentioned in the above list?
Also if you have attended interview in San Jose field office, please share your experience.
Thanks.
Interview letter says bring following documents:
All Passports, all documents that submitted during 485, current employment letter, W2s , marriage certificate, insurance policies, rental agreements etc�.
I have few questions on this:
1.My wife interview is at 7:45AM and mine is 8:15AM. Does it mean we have to go
separate or can we go at the same time?
2. Do I need to carry employer tax returns also?
3. Do I need to carry affidavit of support for my wife?
4. Are there any documents that I need to carry apart from mentioned in the above list?
Also if you have attended interview in San Jose field office, please share your experience.
Thanks.


