Jimi_Hendrix
11-17 04:34 PM
for agreeing about the layout for this thread and forum. Agreement is so blissful around here.
Now let us get to work and start actively working on IV's objectives:p
Now let us get to work and start actively working on IV's objectives:p
wallpaper All Capitals wall maps have a
rrajendra
08-05 02:24 PM
Hello all,
Recently I got my H1B stamped at Mumbai India, this was my
third H1B, and fifth US visa(I got two B1/B2s in addition). The
US Visa stamping process has been streamlined and better organized
than it was when I got my first one in 1999!:)
Process started with me paying visa fees upfront at HDFC bank.
after paying the fees, they will give two copies of the receipt,
one for you and one for the consulate.
Next step is to get yourself photographed. Every photo studio
in Bombay knows the specification now, so it was no problem.:)
Get digital copies of the photographs.
Next step is to go online and fill the application forms. One needs
to upload photographs and enter the fee payment receipt number
in the form. Once completed, print the application after saving.
The application form has a bar code, so please make no changes
after the printout, if you do one needs to take a fresh print.
The next step was to arrange an appointment for visa stamping
which can be done online, once appointment is fixed
one can go to the visa application center which is very
near the Consulate at Breach Candy. They will verify the application
and give you a confirmation of the appointment. Make sure
that you submit your application form at least three business
days before the visa appointment.
To avoid the morning hour traffic we checked into a hotel
near the consulate. The appointment was 10:30 AM, but we
reached the consulate at 10:00. The appointment confirmed
suggested we do not go to the consulate before 10:15, but
went ahead anyway. The security let us in. :) The consulate
was full of visa aspirants, and I braced myself for a long wait.
We submitted our application forms after getting our fingers
printed.
To my surprise, we were called for interview at around 10:10.
The consulate officer commented that I have already lived
in the US, to which I said yes. The question was repeated to
my wife, who also had a stint in the US. Then she asked me
what kind of work I will be doing in US. I gave a rather long
answer which I guess bored her a bit. My six year daughter
complained that it she is tired, the consular officer started
small talk with her. Then she said my passport will be sent
by courier. By 10:20 we were on our way back home.
We received our passports separately over the next 10 days.
surprisingly my daughter got hers within 2 days, but my
wife had to wait full 10 days!
I am in the US now :)
Recently I got my H1B stamped at Mumbai India, this was my
third H1B, and fifth US visa(I got two B1/B2s in addition). The
US Visa stamping process has been streamlined and better organized
than it was when I got my first one in 1999!:)
Process started with me paying visa fees upfront at HDFC bank.
after paying the fees, they will give two copies of the receipt,
one for you and one for the consulate.
Next step is to get yourself photographed. Every photo studio
in Bombay knows the specification now, so it was no problem.:)
Get digital copies of the photographs.
Next step is to go online and fill the application forms. One needs
to upload photographs and enter the fee payment receipt number
in the form. Once completed, print the application after saving.
The application form has a bar code, so please make no changes
after the printout, if you do one needs to take a fresh print.
The next step was to arrange an appointment for visa stamping
which can be done online, once appointment is fixed
one can go to the visa application center which is very
near the Consulate at Breach Candy. They will verify the application
and give you a confirmation of the appointment. Make sure
that you submit your application form at least three business
days before the visa appointment.
To avoid the morning hour traffic we checked into a hotel
near the consulate. The appointment was 10:30 AM, but we
reached the consulate at 10:00. The appointment confirmed
suggested we do not go to the consulate before 10:15, but
went ahead anyway. The security let us in. :) The consulate
was full of visa aspirants, and I braced myself for a long wait.
We submitted our application forms after getting our fingers
printed.
To my surprise, we were called for interview at around 10:10.
The consulate officer commented that I have already lived
in the US, to which I said yes. The question was repeated to
my wife, who also had a stint in the US. Then she asked me
what kind of work I will be doing in US. I gave a rather long
answer which I guess bored her a bit. My six year daughter
complained that it she is tired, the consular officer started
small talk with her. Then she said my passport will be sent
by courier. By 10:20 we were on our way back home.
We received our passports separately over the next 10 days.
surprisingly my daughter got hers within 2 days, but my
wife had to wait full 10 days!
I am in the US now :)

silvinhaphn
05-05 02:32 PM
I saw the notice on the website that my AP was approved but I haven't got even the approval notice yet, I thought It was strange. It was like that with you guys? Do they send the notice together with the card?
2011 jpeg eastern Political map
Rolling_Flood
09-22 09:33 PM
bump
Anyone got a generic response to an I-485 Service Request that "your case is awaiting standard security checks required for everyone who applies for this immigration benefit"?
More importantly, did anyone get an approval for their I-485 after being stuck in such a check?
Thanks much.
Anyone got a generic response to an I-485 Service Request that "your case is awaiting standard security checks required for everyone who applies for this immigration benefit"?
More importantly, did anyone get an approval for their I-485 after being stuck in such a check?
Thanks much.
more...
helpful_leo
02-10 02:28 PM
Berkleybee
I have done as you suggested. The thread is "PACE amendment suggestions"
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151
Your input and suggestions are welcome, as is a formal word from IV.
I have done as you suggested. The thread is "PACE amendment suggestions"
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151
Your input and suggestions are welcome, as is a formal word from IV.
gimme_GC2006
01-05 11:22 AM
any predictions for Feb 2009 :D:D
more...
minimalist
09-16 04:34 PM
about so much uproar and fighting about not letting illegal immigrants have healthcare.
Dems even explicitly stated in the bill that no illegals will be eligible for the benefit.
They must be laughing inside because after the CIR, there will be not many illegals left.
Anyway just an observation.
Immigration Reform will follow 'Health Care' Bill. But the real hurdle for 'Health Care reform' is inclusion of Illegal Immigrants in the bill. No one can dare say that loud that they want to 'include' illegal immigrants because that will hurt any chances of passing the Health Care bill.
So, if they start the CIR discussions out in the public, the 'illegal immigrants' turning into 'legal' and hence eligible for 'health care' issue will be the highlight of ALL NEWS channels. That will do damage to health care. I'm sure unless & until health care reform is through, they can't get any details of CIR out to public.( I'm sure CIR includes Amnesty at the least )
That said, 'Donkeys' are bound to loose in next year mid-term if Obama does not live up to their pre-poll promises. Remember, Hispanics & other minorities are the edge for 'Donkeys' while some independents can weigh in either ways.
So, bottom line is CIR will pass after health care. But, I'll not bet too much on provisions for 'legal immigrants'. Since we are the only dog bone that 'Donkeys' have got to gain any required support for CIR. We need to work hard to get our provisions on the first draft and do everything possible to be included in the final version of the bill.
My ramblings anyways....
Dems even explicitly stated in the bill that no illegals will be eligible for the benefit.
They must be laughing inside because after the CIR, there will be not many illegals left.
Anyway just an observation.
Immigration Reform will follow 'Health Care' Bill. But the real hurdle for 'Health Care reform' is inclusion of Illegal Immigrants in the bill. No one can dare say that loud that they want to 'include' illegal immigrants because that will hurt any chances of passing the Health Care bill.
So, if they start the CIR discussions out in the public, the 'illegal immigrants' turning into 'legal' and hence eligible for 'health care' issue will be the highlight of ALL NEWS channels. That will do damage to health care. I'm sure unless & until health care reform is through, they can't get any details of CIR out to public.( I'm sure CIR includes Amnesty at the least )
That said, 'Donkeys' are bound to loose in next year mid-term if Obama does not live up to their pre-poll promises. Remember, Hispanics & other minorities are the edge for 'Donkeys' while some independents can weigh in either ways.
So, bottom line is CIR will pass after health care. But, I'll not bet too much on provisions for 'legal immigrants'. Since we are the only dog bone that 'Donkeys' have got to gain any required support for CIR. We need to work hard to get our provisions on the first draft and do everything possible to be included in the final version of the bill.
My ramblings anyways....
2010 Simplified climatic map
snathan
02-12 12:53 AM
How about sending 100 thousand roses to WHITE HOUSE on the same day?
more...
Canadian_Dream
07-24 07:03 PM
That's correct you cannot open a service request without a receipt, this was suggested to me because I was tracking my spouse's application and they accepted my receipt number. In a way it was a service request on my name.
You can do the following, use your I-140 receipt number. They only reason they need a receipt number is to track the person with the service request.
You can request that your I-485 was filed with the following I-140 XXX receipt number. This will start some kind of tracking on your I-485 application
for which no receipt has been issued in more that 45 days.
Don't read too much in IO's response, you will get different responses from each one of them.
I am sure you will get your receipts before July 30.
Thanks Canadian_Dream and mrcmic!
I just called NSC to put an service request. I was told no receipt #, no service request can be put in.
Further I was told, there was hold all application to be processed till 2days ago, hence they have started receipting again 2 days back. Hard to believe it. I said I am 11thJune filer, but the IO kept saying there was a hold till 2 days ago. According to IO, all applications will be receipted by30thJuly. But she repeatedly suggested to check the bank for encashed checks. She said 'no encashed checks, no receipt #'...
SO if no receipt #, then how do we file at service request ?? Is there a link to file an online service request?? (I couldn't find one)
Anybody else in the same boat?? Please let us know so that we can track each other's progress.
Thanks once again!
You can do the following, use your I-140 receipt number. They only reason they need a receipt number is to track the person with the service request.
You can request that your I-485 was filed with the following I-140 XXX receipt number. This will start some kind of tracking on your I-485 application
for which no receipt has been issued in more that 45 days.
Don't read too much in IO's response, you will get different responses from each one of them.
I am sure you will get your receipts before July 30.
Thanks Canadian_Dream and mrcmic!
I just called NSC to put an service request. I was told no receipt #, no service request can be put in.
Further I was told, there was hold all application to be processed till 2days ago, hence they have started receipting again 2 days back. Hard to believe it. I said I am 11thJune filer, but the IO kept saying there was a hold till 2 days ago. According to IO, all applications will be receipted by30thJuly. But she repeatedly suggested to check the bank for encashed checks. She said 'no encashed checks, no receipt #'...
SO if no receipt #, then how do we file at service request ?? Is there a link to file an online service request?? (I couldn't find one)
Anybody else in the same boat?? Please let us know so that we can track each other's progress.
Thanks once again!
hair east asia map political.
waitingnwaiting
02-15 01:17 PM
If each state in India were a country
There would have been no backlog.
There would have been no backlog.
more...
aj_jadeja
12-07 08:28 PM
as per SFO consulte website you can apply for new passport 1 yr before ur current passprot expires.
aj
aj
hot Map of Asia

Caliber
05-08 11:47 AM
Did they issue your EAD from the time the previous one expired or from the current date. If current date, you'd have lost about 3 months or validity.
Some people I know got EADs from the next day following the expiration of their current EAD. I however got from approval date. Its all so inconsistent.
Next day from the expiration of present EAD
Some people I know got EADs from the next day following the expiration of their current EAD. I however got from approval date. Its all so inconsistent.
Next day from the expiration of present EAD
more...
house n, longitude e of asia depicts
xbohdpukc
03-26 07:33 PM
Wow ! We are in wrong field :)
Deduct all the required insurance premiums, work related stress, real possibility of a major screwup/lawsuit, as well as years spent in school/residency/training etc, and I'm sure you'll reconsider your position about being in a wrong field :D
Deduct all the required insurance premiums, work related stress, real possibility of a major screwup/lawsuit, as well as years spent in school/residency/training etc, and I'm sure you'll reconsider your position about being in a wrong field :D
tattoo At us capitals this map unique
Devils_Advocate
03-23 03:34 AM
Folks,
I read in this (http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=170404&catid=3) report that none of the 4 students were wearing seat belts. Please always wear your seat belts.
My prayers are with their families
Thats just tragic, please wear seatbelts even if you're in the backseat, it can seriously save lives.
I read in this (http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=170404&catid=3) report that none of the 4 students were wearing seat belts. Please always wear your seat belts.
My prayers are with their families
Thats just tragic, please wear seatbelts even if you're in the backseat, it can seriously save lives.
more...
pictures eastafrica map political
moonrah
07-22 11:46 PM
Hi,
I am in unique situation and need help in decision making. I am on H1B and my labor is pending. My sixth year on H1B will start in three to four months. I do have couple of months of vacation that I can recover in six year of H1B.
My project ends in six months then I have been told that I have to leave the company and when I leave I will get good amount of money from my employer.
I might have other offer from some small (<100 employees) consulting company. My current employer is a giant (> 50,00) company.
I have two options:
1. Stick with my current company and take the money.
2. Switch to new employer right away and file new PERM.
My dilemma is:
With option 1, I might not have enough time at the end of my project to find new employer and file new PERM. Even if I find new employer, I might not have enough time on my H1B to extend it beyond six year. In, this case I will end up going back to my home country.
With option 2, my new PERM might be filed but I don�t know how reliable the company is as it is a body shopper and boast of no problem with the company. I also don�t know if I do H1B transfer will I get any kind of RFE? Will my PERM process face any issues? Will I get any stamping problems? How long my employment will last? And if I change to this employer, I will lose that good chunk of money.
Gurus, please help and advice with your experience. If anybody has experience transferring H1B from big company to a small company please share. Please share your recent experience with small consulting firm either ways.
I am in unique situation and need help in decision making. I am on H1B and my labor is pending. My sixth year on H1B will start in three to four months. I do have couple of months of vacation that I can recover in six year of H1B.
My project ends in six months then I have been told that I have to leave the company and when I leave I will get good amount of money from my employer.
I might have other offer from some small (<100 employees) consulting company. My current employer is a giant (> 50,00) company.
I have two options:
1. Stick with my current company and take the money.
2. Switch to new employer right away and file new PERM.
My dilemma is:
With option 1, I might not have enough time at the end of my project to find new employer and file new PERM. Even if I find new employer, I might not have enough time on my H1B to extend it beyond six year. In, this case I will end up going back to my home country.
With option 2, my new PERM might be filed but I don�t know how reliable the company is as it is a body shopper and boast of no problem with the company. I also don�t know if I do H1B transfer will I get any kind of RFE? Will my PERM process face any issues? Will I get any stamping problems? How long my employment will last? And if I change to this employer, I will lose that good chunk of money.
Gurus, please help and advice with your experience. If anybody has experience transferring H1B from big company to a small company please share. Please share your recent experience with small consulting firm either ways.
dresses Capitals blank asia overview
coopheal
10-09 10:57 PM
I compared the 485 inventories from 12/11/09 and the one on 10/1/10, released by USCIS. The net difference (approved) for EB3I is approx 1320, cleared mostly for the 2001 PDs. Don't know what happened to rest of the visa numbers ( ~ 1500) out of the mandated ~2800 for EB3I.
The reason is faulty data uscis and dos has been publishing.
And now to fix the issue "releasing faulty data" the solution they have implemented is "not publish the data" :)
The reason is faulty data uscis and dos has been publishing.
And now to fix the issue "releasing faulty data" the solution they have implemented is "not publish the data" :)
more...
makeup f , political map and h-j
pd_recapturing
09-23 07:20 PM
Guys, According to following URL, it seems that all july filers should get the RN by now irrespective of the processing centers. I am 24th July filer but still did not get the RNs so far. Are other ppl also in same boat? Please let me know. I am worried now.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D
girlfriend fallout map political map
validIV
02-03 10:40 AM
I have the same A# on my I-140 receipt, I-485 receipt and EAD. But my EAD and I-485 uses my 2nd name as my middle initial whereas it is correct on my I-140.
hairstyles Thisasia political map
485Mbe4001
02-10 05:11 PM
how can they approve 485's by 2010 if there are very limited visas available. Getting EAD or AP is not the end of the road. Final freedom is when you get the GC and that is not possible if unless we all lobby to change the law....I hope people understand that we are in for a very long wait if there is not change in the law, quota..
USCIS can simply say that they have eliminated backlogs by processing all applications.This does not IMPLY that all 2007 filers will have green cards in their hands.. Please understand thay my reply is not directed to you, instead it is in response to all the people i meet who expect to have GCs by 2010...its simply not possible with status quo.
Many point to track it and say that 485s are being approved out of turn. Please understand that this to is a load of crap, either some people are exteremly lucky or USCIS screwed up a small number of cases..the rest of us are in the same slow sinking boat to nowhere.
Take a look at this link. As per this, 2010 is the timeline promised by USCIS to clear all backlogs.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080209/ap_on_go_pr_wh/immigration_backlogs
USCIS can simply say that they have eliminated backlogs by processing all applications.This does not IMPLY that all 2007 filers will have green cards in their hands.. Please understand thay my reply is not directed to you, instead it is in response to all the people i meet who expect to have GCs by 2010...its simply not possible with status quo.
Many point to track it and say that 485s are being approved out of turn. Please understand that this to is a load of crap, either some people are exteremly lucky or USCIS screwed up a small number of cases..the rest of us are in the same slow sinking boat to nowhere.
Take a look at this link. As per this, 2010 is the timeline promised by USCIS to clear all backlogs.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080209/ap_on_go_pr_wh/immigration_backlogs
vvvunlucky
04-21 06:05 PM
I got mine approved on April 7th with a notice date of April 7th (SAME DAY). The receipt date is March 31st. This is my 10th year (3 year) extension from September 2009 to Sept 2012. The current one will expire in Sept 2009. Working with a direct client from the last 8 years.
Hope this helps.
Hope this helps.
hebbar77
11-18 06:26 PM
its down, so .. so what? how does it matter?


