mk26
06-01 07:18 AM
Not sure now, but back in 2007-2008 they did file EB2, I have 2 friends on eb2 waiting to get their GC. one is already left Oracle after 180 days of I-485 filing and another is still working.
Not to scare you just for your info which I heard in rare case if oracle lays off they don't care which stage of your GC process is in.
Not to scare you just for your info which I heard in rare case if oracle lays off they don't care which stage of your GC process is in.
wallpaper Chit Chat with John Cena
dxldad
05-18 12:29 PM
While waiting for my GC i have completed my Management program from Northwestern University and now i got myself ported to EB2. Knowing i cant got anywhere helped me focus on my Masters and get it completed. Now i am waiting to get the GC before i look for a new job. I think porting from EB3 to EB2 is going to help people in the EB3 queue who are not supported by their companies to covert to EB2.
The only scenario where porting from EB3 to EB2 would help someone else in the EB3 queue is when the person who ported does not use the regular allotment of the EB3 and hence another EB3 person gets it. But then, a lot of EB3 folks get in front of other EB3s by moving to EB2 and this reduces the chance of the extra visa numbers reaching EB3. I would say porting is not good for the EB3 people staying in EB3 except a few situations.
The only scenario where porting from EB3 to EB2 would help someone else in the EB3 queue is when the person who ported does not use the regular allotment of the EB3 and hence another EB3 person gets it. But then, a lot of EB3 folks get in front of other EB3s by moving to EB2 and this reduces the chance of the extra visa numbers reaching EB3. I would say porting is not good for the EB3 people staying in EB3 except a few situations.
dbevis
June 14th, 2005, 09:32 AM
As far as I can tell, extension tubes have straight-through contacts. They do work well with any lens, at least I've tried it with most of my lenses.
The length of extension is going to limit the focal length of lens that you can use. For example. with a 16mm focal length lens, the 12mm extension (smallest I have or have seen) causes the lens to have an 'infinity' focus that's actually behind the front element of the lens. Only useful for taking a picture of the dust on/in your lens! I suspect using them with a fisheye would be futile, not to mention pointless.
But, I've found a small amount of extension, like 12mm, is very handy for long tele lenses, because of the shortening of the infinity focus point. I found it hard to get close to butterflys with 100mm macro, and putting an extension on either a 200mm or 100-400mm let me over come their minimum focus distance, yet stay farther enough away that the subject didn't fly off.
The 'magnification factor' is much less with this arrangement, than with (for example) the 100mm macro. Much less that 1:1 I think. So it's a trade off, like everything else.
The 'macro filter' or diopter lens works exactly like those magnifying 'reading glasses' you see in the drugstore. You can't stack them like tubes so there's one level of adjustment available to you, plus they only fit one size of lens wherease tubes fit any lens with the correct mount. A filter doesn't decrease depth of field as much as an extension tube does, either.
Lastly, extension tubes are easier and faster to put on a take off, and don't give you problems with finger smudges. You can even hang them on a pinky finger between uses (I often switch them on/off the camera while I;m shooting.
The length of extension is going to limit the focal length of lens that you can use. For example. with a 16mm focal length lens, the 12mm extension (smallest I have or have seen) causes the lens to have an 'infinity' focus that's actually behind the front element of the lens. Only useful for taking a picture of the dust on/in your lens! I suspect using them with a fisheye would be futile, not to mention pointless.
But, I've found a small amount of extension, like 12mm, is very handy for long tele lenses, because of the shortening of the infinity focus point. I found it hard to get close to butterflys with 100mm macro, and putting an extension on either a 200mm or 100-400mm let me over come their minimum focus distance, yet stay farther enough away that the subject didn't fly off.
The 'magnification factor' is much less with this arrangement, than with (for example) the 100mm macro. Much less that 1:1 I think. So it's a trade off, like everything else.
The 'macro filter' or diopter lens works exactly like those magnifying 'reading glasses' you see in the drugstore. You can't stack them like tubes so there's one level of adjustment available to you, plus they only fit one size of lens wherease tubes fit any lens with the correct mount. A filter doesn't decrease depth of field as much as an extension tube does, either.
Lastly, extension tubes are easier and faster to put on a take off, and don't give you problems with finger smudges. You can even hang them on a pinky finger between uses (I often switch them on/off the camera while I;m shooting.
2011 John-Cena-john-cena-
sanjay02
05-22 08:12 PM
Hi
I had filed my I-485 in Jun 2007 my PD is Nov 2005 and was called for an interview at the local USCIS office in Feb 2009. My I-485 was pre-approved, now I am about to apply for AP renewal.
The question I have is which service center do I mail in my AP renewal docs? My original application was filed in Nebraska. So do I file it there or send it to service center in Missouri? Can any one who has similar experience post the answer to this?
Thnks
Sanjay
Bump!
I had filed my I-485 in Jun 2007 my PD is Nov 2005 and was called for an interview at the local USCIS office in Feb 2009. My I-485 was pre-approved, now I am about to apply for AP renewal.
The question I have is which service center do I mail in my AP renewal docs? My original application was filed in Nebraska. So do I file it there or send it to service center in Missouri? Can any one who has similar experience post the answer to this?
Thnks
Sanjay
Bump!
more...

marwan234
10-09 09:04 PM
not yet.
dealguy007
05-11 04:23 PM
smuggymba / getgreensoon1 / vdlrao
While I am touched by your concern for EB1 fraud and how it impacts EB3, i would hazard a guess that the OP was a troll OP and does not merit any answers
OP is busy, International Manager got a call from her TCS Manager.
While I am touched by your concern for EB1 fraud and how it impacts EB3, i would hazard a guess that the OP was a troll OP and does not merit any answers
OP is busy, International Manager got a call from her TCS Manager.
more...
sathishav
02-25 10:48 AM
It is a bad idea. It will allow people to misuse it. Once they are pre-approved they may not care about staying in status. They will not change jobs in their area of work. You may find an engineer doing some other profession. How will something like this help USA. We should stop seeing everything from - How it will help me. See how it will help USA to make good suggestions USCIS will listen.
That's a good point. Never thought about that.
That's a good point. Never thought about that.
2010 john cena - John Cena

bidhanc
04-19 02:47 PM
Hi,
I just got back from Mumbai.
My Indian passport was issued here in the States.
My last place of work in India was Delhi (that was in 2000,where I got my initial visa done).
But I am a resident of Bhubaneswar.
I opted for Mumbai as it was going to be my port of entry.
Did not get any such warning or mail.
So not much trouble as far as the stamping was concerned.
Don't understand why they would try and compel you to move to your own district. This must be a recent thing.
Important question is, if they refuse to stamp at your first choice, how do you get the 2nd appointment at your own district? And will it be worth the trouble.
Sorry, don't know abt that.
Bidhan
I just got back from Mumbai.
My Indian passport was issued here in the States.
My last place of work in India was Delhi (that was in 2000,where I got my initial visa done).
But I am a resident of Bhubaneswar.
I opted for Mumbai as it was going to be my port of entry.
Did not get any such warning or mail.
So not much trouble as far as the stamping was concerned.
Don't understand why they would try and compel you to move to your own district. This must be a recent thing.
Important question is, if they refuse to stamp at your first choice, how do you get the 2nd appointment at your own district? And will it be worth the trouble.
Sorry, don't know abt that.
Bidhan
more...
jthomas
03-27 01:01 PM
Generally it is little difficult to sponsor a GC through one's own business. USCIS wants to know if it is a legitimate business, with revenues, employees, contracts etc
My attorney told me the same thing. USCIS wants to know if it is a legitimate business. However, if you wish to start/buy a business. Approach SCORE / SBA at your county. Make a business plan. Plan it out with recruiting employees at a later stage. After some time apply for green card. You never know you would be able to make a succesful business.
I went through some of the process but it does not suit me so i backed off.
Please update your information.
My attorney told me the same thing. USCIS wants to know if it is a legitimate business. However, if you wish to start/buy a business. Approach SCORE / SBA at your county. Make a business plan. Plan it out with recruiting employees at a later stage. After some time apply for green card. You never know you would be able to make a succesful business.
I went through some of the process but it does not suit me so i backed off.
Please update your information.
hair edge vs john cena wallpapers
happy1
08-14 05:12 PM
Yes, rates may be different if you are H-1B Vs GC holder. I had taken insurance through an agent recently and he suggested to go for a combination (Universal Life + Term). ULI works differently, its like a savings account, meaning you can always take the premium you paid after 10 or 20 or whatever period you choose (with interest rate). Their interest rates are same as ING or HSBC. Ever wonder how much money we are wasting with Term over a period of 20 or 30 years?
more...
sunny1000
03-28 07:49 PM
Hi,
I have contributed a few hundred dollars in the past to IV. I am not in a position to do it now. But, will do again in the future.
My question is, will my previous donations entitle me a DONOR status?
Please let me know.
Thanks.
Thanks fr your support to Immigration voice
In order for us to encourage people to contrbute we started the donor system. We are encouraging people to contribute 25 dollar per month to subscribe. If they pay more say- 100, then it will give them subscription for 4 months.
we have just started this system and hope to fine tune and improve and also provide more services to all our members.
We are trying not to include past contributions because it will get tough for us to get future contributions that we can invest in IV for all future and current initiatives.
fyi -from my PM
I have contributed a few hundred dollars in the past to IV. I am not in a position to do it now. But, will do again in the future.
My question is, will my previous donations entitle me a DONOR status?
Please let me know.
Thanks.
Thanks fr your support to Immigration voice
In order for us to encourage people to contrbute we started the donor system. We are encouraging people to contribute 25 dollar per month to subscribe. If they pay more say- 100, then it will give them subscription for 4 months.
we have just started this system and hope to fine tune and improve and also provide more services to all our members.
We are trying not to include past contributions because it will get tough for us to get future contributions that we can invest in IV for all future and current initiatives.
fyi -from my PM
hot جون سينا الفان john cena ابفن

casinoroyale
01-26 12:13 PM
Thanks casinoroyale, this is a good idea. Will make the change to display complete heading in the 'Recent forum posts' when you scroll your mouse on top of the heading of the post of the homepage.
Thank you. Is it possible to just increase the length or wrap it instead of displaying "Tooltip" when the user mouse-overs it?
Thank you. Is it possible to just increase the length or wrap it instead of displaying "Tooltip" when the user mouse-overs it?
more...
house Jhon Cena Mobile Wallpaper
minimalist
10-22 04:55 PM
Admin2 - thank u much for your motivation. I do understand IV is doing great work but if you can shed some light on whats going on behind the scenes, it you really help me decide on many things. One of the thing, my lawyer is recommending is to initiate porting to EB-2 which I understand may take anywhere around 18 mnths if all goes well...
If they can be shared with everyone, I am sure they would. But, if I were you and have an option to port to EB2, I 'd probably do that.
If porting going to cost you,you may want to wait till Jan , which is only 3 months away.
If they can be shared with everyone, I am sure they would. But, if I were you and have an option to port to EB2, I 'd probably do that.
If porting going to cost you,you may want to wait till Jan , which is only 3 months away.
tattoo John Cena Wallpapers
pappu
02-23 06:03 PM
Does anyone else have a problem clicking the last forum topic on the left side. I am using IE7 and never have a hyperlink to click on for that one topic only.
-a
I am unable to understand 'the last forum topic on the left side'
Could you please explain or maybe send me a screenshot of the error(info at immigrationvoice.org) and we will fix it
-a
I am unable to understand 'the last forum topic on the left side'
Could you please explain or maybe send me a screenshot of the error(info at immigrationvoice.org) and we will fix it
more...
pictures Batista vs mar tool-john cena
kshitijnt
06-03 06:47 PM
For how long AOS primary applicant can be job-less?
until you get an RFE on 485 or 180 days whichever is less.
until you get an RFE on 485 or 180 days whichever is less.
dresses jhon cena

cdeneo
03-27 12:50 PM
No real evidence but when I had looked into doing this for my parents this is what I found out -
You can apply for an extension - but would need to give a valid reason with proof along with a confirmed return air ticket for a later date. Some reasons that get accepted with the correct proof:
1. More travels planned within the US - provide itinerary with dates and reservations of where the travels are planned for. And a confirmed return ticket to India later on.
2. Medical - maybe a letter from the doctor may suffice but they would need to still have good explaination and this may not fly for a 6 month extension.
3. Marriage of a family member in the US with wedding invitation and a confirmed return ticket to India after the wedding has occured.
4. Any other valid reason with proof...
I had consulted an immigration attorney and he said that he could prep the paperwork for me - the form itself is very simple, you need to attach an explaination for why you are asking for an extension and this needs to be done properly.
Another thing the attorney told me was - USCIS had become more stringent than before on giving the extensions (not sure how stringent though as he said that one could get an extension with the right documentation provided). Also one needs to provide proof of funds to support your parents while they will be here - you can provide your bank statements, pay slips, etc for them...
Also the attorney had mentioned that if they did grant an extension one time - most likely they would not do this again in the future (once in a life time thing sort of deal). Best bet is to go back and save your extension for a later time when you would utmost need it.
Traveling out of the country and returning in one month used to happen a lot in past years - officers at POE have become more strict and may see that you were just here for 6 months and are back this quickly. The officer at POE would ask you the reason for a visit this quickly and may grant you a one month or a three month stay - completely in the hands of the officer at the POE (you may still get six months but it's all luck at this point).
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Hi Everyone,
I learnt recently that my parents have started showing early signs of Alzheimers. They have a 10 year multiple visa. For now I have them staying with me and their 1-94 date is coming up next month.
I wanted to know what options do i have and what would be the repurcursions.
1. extend thier stay. if so, whats the process.
2. let them fly back to India. stay for month and revisit for anothe 6 months. any catch or restriction on this.
Its just that they have no one in india to take care of them and people are cheating on them due to thier medical condition.
Your opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
You can apply for an extension - but would need to give a valid reason with proof along with a confirmed return air ticket for a later date. Some reasons that get accepted with the correct proof:
1. More travels planned within the US - provide itinerary with dates and reservations of where the travels are planned for. And a confirmed return ticket to India later on.
2. Medical - maybe a letter from the doctor may suffice but they would need to still have good explaination and this may not fly for a 6 month extension.
3. Marriage of a family member in the US with wedding invitation and a confirmed return ticket to India after the wedding has occured.
4. Any other valid reason with proof...
I had consulted an immigration attorney and he said that he could prep the paperwork for me - the form itself is very simple, you need to attach an explaination for why you are asking for an extension and this needs to be done properly.
Another thing the attorney told me was - USCIS had become more stringent than before on giving the extensions (not sure how stringent though as he said that one could get an extension with the right documentation provided). Also one needs to provide proof of funds to support your parents while they will be here - you can provide your bank statements, pay slips, etc for them...
Also the attorney had mentioned that if they did grant an extension one time - most likely they would not do this again in the future (once in a life time thing sort of deal). Best bet is to go back and save your extension for a later time when you would utmost need it.
Traveling out of the country and returning in one month used to happen a lot in past years - officers at POE have become more strict and may see that you were just here for 6 months and are back this quickly. The officer at POE would ask you the reason for a visit this quickly and may grant you a one month or a three month stay - completely in the hands of the officer at the POE (you may still get six months but it's all luck at this point).
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Hi Everyone,
I learnt recently that my parents have started showing early signs of Alzheimers. They have a 10 year multiple visa. For now I have them staying with me and their 1-94 date is coming up next month.
I wanted to know what options do i have and what would be the repurcursions.
1. extend thier stay. if so, whats the process.
2. let them fly back to India. stay for month and revisit for anothe 6 months. any catch or restriction on this.
Its just that they have no one in india to take care of them and people are cheating on them due to thier medical condition.
Your opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
more...
makeup John Cena on Mic
humdesi
09-13 08:14 PM
my american colleagues do know about immigration problem.....they dont give a jack.........afterall they dont even socialize much with co-workers....i am here in alabama.......i dont know how it is in other places...
I agree with techy. Indians (and other immigrant gorups) don't try to mix with Americans. I've seen this everywhere - from California to Boston. In most companies indians will go out for lunch/parties/whatever together. You'll see them in corridors shouting in hindi/telugu, not caring two hoots that there are people who cannot understand anything other than English. Most of the times their managers are indians too, and guess who they recruit for a new job opening..
Occasionally they'll take in one or two American who's probably feeling like a foreigner in his own country. No wonder americans don't care too much about immigrants. If there's one thing all of us can do - try to assimilate in the country we're trying to call home.
I agree with techy. Indians (and other immigrant gorups) don't try to mix with Americans. I've seen this everywhere - from California to Boston. In most companies indians will go out for lunch/parties/whatever together. You'll see them in corridors shouting in hindi/telugu, not caring two hoots that there are people who cannot understand anything other than English. Most of the times their managers are indians too, and guess who they recruit for a new job opening..
Occasionally they'll take in one or two American who's probably feeling like a foreigner in his own country. No wonder americans don't care too much about immigrants. If there's one thing all of us can do - try to assimilate in the country we're trying to call home.
girlfriend John-cena-wallpapers-90
<--JAX-->
05-04 04:58 AM
they were all excellent :tie:
*jax wishes he could do stuff as good as that*
but in the end cybergolds shinyness won it for me
:) :) :)
*jax wishes he could do stuff as good as that*
but in the end cybergolds shinyness won it for me
:) :) :)
hairstyles With John Cena Wallpapers
add78
03-12 10:48 AM
Sandeep is a batch mate.. Yeaaa Sandeep !!
I personally know Sandeep from his BE/Work days.
Good job.. Yeah!
I personally know Sandeep from his BE/Work days.
Good job.. Yeah!
absaarkhan
06-02 04:08 PM
I am Confused Too -- Why Are People Sending DL and Passport Copies.
It Clear Says do NOT send any Identification Copies Unless requested by USCIS
In case of E-Filing the EAD ,
1) I didnot understand why we have to send copy of DL and Passport photo page. The confirmation reciept clearly says "DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by USCIS."
Do you guys think, we have to send these two copies? I am confused now. Could you guys please advise.
2) Also when E-filing for myself and spouse, Is it ok, If I send both of our supporting documents in one package ? or is it better to send them separately.
It Clear Says do NOT send any Identification Copies Unless requested by USCIS
In case of E-Filing the EAD ,
1) I didnot understand why we have to send copy of DL and Passport photo page. The confirmation reciept clearly says "DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by USCIS."
Do you guys think, we have to send these two copies? I am confused now. Could you guys please advise.
2) Also when E-filing for myself and spouse, Is it ok, If I send both of our supporting documents in one package ? or is it better to send them separately.
ksircar
04-28 10:57 PM
Can someone confirm if finger printing required for both paper (by mail) and on-line AP application? Somewhere I read that finger printing is required only for on-line applicants. Is that true?
It will save me lot of trouble as my nearest INS office for finger printing is about 150 miles away.
Thanks in advance.
It will save me lot of trouble as my nearest INS office for finger printing is about 150 miles away.
Thanks in advance.


