northstar1
07-26 03:57 PM
My company is going through a merger and it will be complete by third qtr of this year. I already filed my AOS on July 2nd.
I was told by my immigration attorney that if a buyer (new company) takeover all the immigration liabilities then I don't need to file an amendment. Is this correct?
From what i've researched, in your scenario it could quite possibly slip through without being an issue. Now technically, i beleive you are supposed to notify USCIS of a change if it occurs prior to 180 days of the 485 being pending and possibly file an successor of interest i-140. After 180 days it becomes a moot point since you are eligible for portablity and a simple job letter will suffice. In the former case if the officer notices it, you may get an RFE which will need to be responded with proof of the new companies, successor of interest status.
This is MY understanding. Not sure if it is totally accurate.
I was told by my immigration attorney that if a buyer (new company) takeover all the immigration liabilities then I don't need to file an amendment. Is this correct?
From what i've researched, in your scenario it could quite possibly slip through without being an issue. Now technically, i beleive you are supposed to notify USCIS of a change if it occurs prior to 180 days of the 485 being pending and possibly file an successor of interest i-140. After 180 days it becomes a moot point since you are eligible for portablity and a simple job letter will suffice. In the former case if the officer notices it, you may get an RFE which will need to be responded with proof of the new companies, successor of interest status.
This is MY understanding. Not sure if it is totally accurate.
wallpaper HQ Wallpapers Perfect Women
ingegarcia
02-08 09:40 AM
To apply for green card
L1A does not need Labor Certificate
L1B Needs to apply for Labor Certificate.
The rest of the process is the same.
L1A does not need Labor Certificate
L1B Needs to apply for Labor Certificate.
The rest of the process is the same.
msyedy
01-25 11:28 AM
Nuke bill was an agreement between two nations - India and USA - hence Indian govt had a legtimate interest to lobby for it. Lobbying to change the immigration laws of a sovereign nation by a foreign govt is another cup of tea altogether, and will definitely give a bad name to our cause. You have seen what happened when Vincente Fox lobbied for CIR: even americans who were otherwise sympathetic to CIR were hostile to the idea of a foreign head of state telling them what to do with their immigration laws, and quite understandably so. This is a dead horse anyways - what is the point of flogging it further ?
How nuke bill is related to SKIL bill......
Admin close this forum.
How nuke bill is related to SKIL bill......
Admin close this forum.
2011 women men group style graphic
solaris27
02-11 09:12 AM
don't worry be happy
more...
ramus
09-07 09:22 AM
Please take a part in DC rally...
Time to wake up..
Time to wake up..
rsdang
08-29 11:46 AM
You have to use I-824 if you change the consulate, if it is a consular case. If your I-94 is extended within america, there is no need. However because of PIMS, it is better to initiate a I-824 and get confirmation before proceeding for stamping. It is better to check your lawyer to get the right legal advise.
Guys,
I had applied for my original H1 in London, First extension in Vienna Austria, and the last one in Delhi... and when i went to Delhi Embassy site - Since I was an H1-b holder already working in USA I had the option to apply at any consular office in India... I chose Delhi and will do it again in Dec at Delhi...
In short - unless is consular processing you can choose any consulate/embassy you want provided you have a reason to be there in that country... I think Mexico and Canada are exceptions to that rule as well...
Hope this helps
Guys,
I had applied for my original H1 in London, First extension in Vienna Austria, and the last one in Delhi... and when i went to Delhi Embassy site - Since I was an H1-b holder already working in USA I had the option to apply at any consular office in India... I chose Delhi and will do it again in Dec at Delhi...
In short - unless is consular processing you can choose any consulate/embassy you want provided you have a reason to be there in that country... I think Mexico and Canada are exceptions to that rule as well...
Hope this helps
more...
Maverick_2008
04-16 09:14 AM
Friends, my EAD/AP will expire later this year along with my 8th year H-1B extension. My 140 isn't approved yet. Now, what happens if my employer wants to cut costs and says let's extend only your H-1B for now and let your EAD/AP expire? If I'm not wrong, filing for H-1B/H4 extension is cheaper than that for EAD/AP.
Specifically, these are my questions:
1. Can I extend EAD/AP on my own?
2. If I let my EAD/AP expire and continue working on H-1B, can I reinstate them (EAD and AP) at a later date in the future once my 140 is approved? In this scenario, there will be a gap between two successive EAD/APs.
Thanks.
Maverick_2008
______________________
EB3, India
PD: Feb 03
140/485 RD: July 26, 07, TSC
140/485 ND: Sept 17, 07, TSC
140/485 Status: Waiting..
Specifically, these are my questions:
1. Can I extend EAD/AP on my own?
2. If I let my EAD/AP expire and continue working on H-1B, can I reinstate them (EAD and AP) at a later date in the future once my 140 is approved? In this scenario, there will be a gap between two successive EAD/APs.
Thanks.
Maverick_2008
______________________
EB3, India
PD: Feb 03
140/485 RD: July 26, 07, TSC
140/485 ND: Sept 17, 07, TSC
140/485 Status: Waiting..
2010 Space+women
looivy
08-06 12:55 AM
What is Sessions smoking?
more...

Atmaram
07-16 02:42 PM
I called them this morning and IO told me that my file has been assigned to an officer. What does this mean? Can anyone tell me?
Thanks
Why yes! Didn't you get the memo?
What this means is that somebody at USCIS probably ran out of TP at home.
Thanks
Why yes! Didn't you get the memo?
What this means is that somebody at USCIS probably ran out of TP at home.
hair Women PSP Wallpapers
ronhira
10-17 04:49 PM
A message from President Obama too.
The White House - Blog Post - Diwali Wishes From President Obama (http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Diwali-Wishes-From-President-Obama/)
who cares...... well..... 'ignorant' 'inward looking' 'large ego' 'nothing to ask' 'nothing to do' desi care.....
what difference does it make if google has an icon or wh/obama send a message on dewali...... its only symbolism..... not a cent more...... few jerks will claim "victory" for getting wh lights..... but does it help even a single soul with his/her problems...... absolutely not..... so don't tell me that google icon of dewali or lights in wh has any relevance..... this topic is for those who have no real issue to talk and no real problem in life...... but are simply busy stroking their own inward looking large egos....... anybody disagree? ...... guess not.....
The White House - Blog Post - Diwali Wishes From President Obama (http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Diwali-Wishes-From-President-Obama/)
who cares...... well..... 'ignorant' 'inward looking' 'large ego' 'nothing to ask' 'nothing to do' desi care.....
what difference does it make if google has an icon or wh/obama send a message on dewali...... its only symbolism..... not a cent more...... few jerks will claim "victory" for getting wh lights..... but does it help even a single soul with his/her problems...... absolutely not..... so don't tell me that google icon of dewali or lights in wh has any relevance..... this topic is for those who have no real issue to talk and no real problem in life...... but are simply busy stroking their own inward looking large egos....... anybody disagree? ...... guess not.....
more...
amslonewolf
10-01 12:19 PM
Where did everyone get the 10 days estimate from??
As far as I read, the production date for the new system is 10/29.. So, maybe suprises in December bulletin.
As far as I read, the production date for the new system is 10/29.. So, maybe suprises in December bulletin.
hot wallpaper nature hd free
nish2006
04-27 08:52 AM
Dear All,
I had earlier submitted my paperwork for I-140 and I-485 concurrently via my lawyers during August 2007. On April 16th this year, I received email notification from USCIS that my I-140 had been denied, and that a letter describing this (with the reasons for denial and options available) was in the mail. That letter has yet to be received (it was probably mailed to the lawyers directly), but in the meantime, I would greatly appreciate your advice on this subject and a response to the following points, so I may plan the necessary action to defend my position:
a) I fully intend to appeal, but have been told that the success rate of such appeals is very low, in the 5-10% range. Would this be accurate?
b) Regrettably, my H1-B expired on January 24th, 2009. I should never have take the advice I did, but as a result, I now only hold an EAD and AP document, with EAD valid until Oct 2010 and the AP valid until Oct 2009.
c) Since my H1-B has expired, would denial of my I-140 automatically cancel my I-485 application? In such an event, am I allowed to stay in the country for the duration of my EAD and/or AP, and work for the same employer?
d) If I am not allowed to stay using my EAD/AP, would it help to re-apply for a new H1-B under premium processing? If necessary, I can even apply under a different company from my present employer (a wholly-owned subsidiary, also based in the US).
e) Another issue that may complicate this is the fact that I have already travelled once this year using my AP (after the H1-B expired), and this has been stamped on entry. Would this pose a problem with any new H1-B application?
I would really appreciate your taking the trouble to respond to the above queries, together with any advice you might have for someone in my position. Many thanks for your help.
Best Regards
I had earlier submitted my paperwork for I-140 and I-485 concurrently via my lawyers during August 2007. On April 16th this year, I received email notification from USCIS that my I-140 had been denied, and that a letter describing this (with the reasons for denial and options available) was in the mail. That letter has yet to be received (it was probably mailed to the lawyers directly), but in the meantime, I would greatly appreciate your advice on this subject and a response to the following points, so I may plan the necessary action to defend my position:
a) I fully intend to appeal, but have been told that the success rate of such appeals is very low, in the 5-10% range. Would this be accurate?
b) Regrettably, my H1-B expired on January 24th, 2009. I should never have take the advice I did, but as a result, I now only hold an EAD and AP document, with EAD valid until Oct 2010 and the AP valid until Oct 2009.
c) Since my H1-B has expired, would denial of my I-140 automatically cancel my I-485 application? In such an event, am I allowed to stay in the country for the duration of my EAD and/or AP, and work for the same employer?
d) If I am not allowed to stay using my EAD/AP, would it help to re-apply for a new H1-B under premium processing? If necessary, I can even apply under a different company from my present employer (a wholly-owned subsidiary, also based in the US).
e) Another issue that may complicate this is the fact that I have already travelled once this year using my AP (after the H1-B expired), and this has been stamped on entry. Would this pose a problem with any new H1-B application?
I would really appreciate your taking the trouble to respond to the above queries, together with any advice you might have for someone in my position. Many thanks for your help.
Best Regards
more...
house Emo Girls Wallpapers Emo Women
MartinR
February 15th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I have an Olympus C2100 Ultrazoom. The real focal length of the lens is given as 7mm to 70mm (38mm to 380mm on 35mm equiv). When I operate the zoom lever, a bar appears in the viewfinder with T at the top and W at the bottom. Can I assume that this scale will be linear in terms of the focal length ie if the number of steps between W and T is 30, would each step increase the focal length by 63/30 mm (=(70-7)/30)? This would,however, mean that my standard 50mm equivalent focal length would be only one step up from the W end of the scale, which does not ring true. In which case, is there an easy way to 'calibrate ' this scale?
Thank you.
Martin
Thank you.
Martin
tattoo women hands on the white
Ahimsa
10-05 08:40 AM
I am from India and lived in Brussels, Belgium between 2000-2002 before being transferred by my Indian IT company to work in US on H1. Here are some facts on Brussels:
......
Arsh,
Good to know these info.
Could you please let me know what kind of visa/work permit you were on in Brussels? Is there a way to be a permanent resident there?
Thanks
......
Arsh,
Good to know these info.
Could you please let me know what kind of visa/work permit you were on in Brussels? Is there a way to be a permanent resident there?
Thanks
more...
pictures Women-sexy--wallpapers--women-
sandy_anand
02-28 08:31 PM
So are scotland, wales considered dependencies? Kashmiris can get passport from Pakistan if they want. Who would give passports to Hyderabadis?
Goa and Pondicherry are states now.
It is difficult without knowing the meaning of dependencies and how it is defined.
Pondicherry is still a Union Territory.
Goa and Pondicherry are states now.
It is difficult without knowing the meaning of dependencies and how it is defined.
Pondicherry is still a Union Territory.
dresses women girl black Wallpaper
immi_enthu
08-13 10:08 AM
THanks for the info andy. I will check with my company HR rather than talking to my busy lawyer.
My employer received the courtesy copy today.:)
My employer received the courtesy copy today.:)
more...
makeup Sexy Women Emanuela Folliero
chris
10-18 08:22 AM
Hi Kitiara,
Ive had a look at your animation, and Ive got the size down roughly another 2k.
What I did was I opened up the animation in fireworks and exported/optimised each layer, then I reopened each image and put them back on the canvas which I then trimmed to match your layers.
What you could try is to only use photoshop for the image work and apply the text from fireworks, I'm not sure if this would make much of a difference but it might reduce it a further couple of k.:bandit:
Ive had a look at your animation, and Ive got the size down roughly another 2k.
What I did was I opened up the animation in fireworks and exported/optimised each layer, then I reopened each image and put them back on the canvas which I then trimmed to match your layers.
What you could try is to only use photoshop for the image work and apply the text from fireworks, I'm not sure if this would make much of a difference but it might reduce it a further couple of k.:bandit:
girlfriend FHM Top Ten Sexiest Women 2008
kaisersose
06-26 09:01 AM
Hi,
I have posted the same issue in another thread but i did not get any response So I'm changing the title and reposting.
I have been working for my current employer from last 4 years.I have good relations with my employer.I have 140 approved and my 485 is pending for more than 180 days.Now I want to join any new employer using my EAD.But I don't want to invoke AC 21.If my dates are current again and if i get any RFE I will submit the offer letter from my old employer.
My case is I'm using EAD after 140 is approved and 485 is pending more than 180 days and joining a new employer.As GC is future employment I can always say that I will join my old employer when ever i get a GC.This way I can avoid AC 21. Also If my employer doesn't give me the offer letter I can still manage to get it from any Consulting firm with same job title and same salary.
Can any one suggest me on this?
Thanks
h12gc
If you are working for A, but respond to a RFE with an offer letter from B - for whom you have no intention of working - then you are breaking the law.
Your job with A should be similar to your Labor job and you should respond to any RFE with a copy of your offer letter from A.
I have posted the same issue in another thread but i did not get any response So I'm changing the title and reposting.
I have been working for my current employer from last 4 years.I have good relations with my employer.I have 140 approved and my 485 is pending for more than 180 days.Now I want to join any new employer using my EAD.But I don't want to invoke AC 21.If my dates are current again and if i get any RFE I will submit the offer letter from my old employer.
My case is I'm using EAD after 140 is approved and 485 is pending more than 180 days and joining a new employer.As GC is future employment I can always say that I will join my old employer when ever i get a GC.This way I can avoid AC 21. Also If my employer doesn't give me the offer letter I can still manage to get it from any Consulting firm with same job title and same salary.
Can any one suggest me on this?
Thanks
h12gc
If you are working for A, but respond to a RFE with an offer letter from B - for whom you have no intention of working - then you are breaking the law.
Your job with A should be similar to your Labor job and you should respond to any RFE with a copy of your offer letter from A.
hairstyles Category : Women; Keywords
pa_arora
04-21 04:26 PM
Someone told me recently, if ur on EAD and 485 gets rejected, ur H1 can be reinstated. This H1 will not be from the cap and you will only be getting the left over time from 6 yrs.
Is it true, if yes, can someone thow some light on this.
Is it true, if yes, can someone thow some light on this.
indigo10
10-25 02:32 PM
how do you get a copy of the approved i-140 if the employer is not willing to give it?
There is no straight way to get a copy of I140 approval notice. For all practical purposes the I140 reciept number will be sufficient(eg: To retain your priority date in case you file GC with another employer).
However, You can file a request using FOIA. Check the following threads.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/1469-foia-to-get-copy-i-140-approval-notice.html
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/1603609-foia-for-i-140-approval-notice.html
There is no straight way to get a copy of I140 approval notice. For all practical purposes the I140 reciept number will be sufficient(eg: To retain your priority date in case you file GC with another employer).
However, You can file a request using FOIA. Check the following threads.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/1469-foia-to-get-copy-i-140-approval-notice.html
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/1603609-foia-for-i-140-approval-notice.html
helmet
01-09 11:21 AM
yes you need to get transit visa for France.
You can get passport extended here in NY the same day.
You can get passport extended here in NY the same day.


