Blog Feeds
01-20 08:20 AM
In this Bog article we discuss the very unfamiliar area of H3 visas for the Hospitality Industry. The very talented attorney Kate Powell from our office has been very successful in crafting and getting approved numerous such cases, and her summary is presented below.
The H-3 nonimmigrant (http://www.h1b.biz/lawyer-attorney-1137115.html) visa category is available for aliens coming temporarily to the United States as either a:
� Trainee to receive training, other than graduate or medical education training, that is not available in the alien�s home country or
� Special Education Exchange Visitor to participate in a special education exchange visitor training program for children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities.
This article will cover only H-3 trainee visas. H-3 training may be in a variety of fields, including commerce, communications, finance, government, transportation, agriculture, etc. Our office has been successful in obtaining H-3 visas for numerous hospitality trainees to receive hospitality related training at the hotels in the U.S.
Training purpose. The heart of an H-3 petition is the explanation for conducting the training in the United States. The petition should describe how the U.S. company is benefited by providing the training, the career abroad for which the training will prepare the foreign national, and the reason why the training cannot be obtained in the foreign national�s home country. The training program should be related to the petitioner�s business and cannot be for workers who already possess �substantial training and expertise� in the area of training.
The petitioner must establish its ability to provide the training, and the training program itself must not be available in the foreign national�s own country. In addition, the training cannot be in a field unlikely to be used outside the United States, or the primary purpose of which is to eventually staff the domestic operations of the U.S. company. This classification is not intended for employment within the United States. The petitioner must establish that the beneficiary will not engage in productive employment unless such employment is incidental and necessary to the training. It is designed to provide an alien with job related training for work that will ultimately be performed in the alien�s home country.
Therefore, it is very important to show that the trainee has no intention of abandoning his or her foreign residence and will return to his or her home country upon completion of the training program.
Training program. In order to obtain H-3 classification, the petitioner must describe the training program in detail. The description must include the nature of the training, the type of supervision, the proportion of time, if any, that will be devoted to productive employment, the number of hours in classroom instruction and/or on-the-job training, and an itinerary if the training will be in more than one location. The training program that deals in generalities with no fixed schedule, objectives, or means of evaluation will not be approved.
Practice shows that training programs will be approved if they are described carefully and specifically, and if the petitioner demonstrates some benefit to the U.S. company providing the training.
Advantages of H-3 category
1) Eligibility for H-3 status is not based on advanced education. Unlike nonimmigrant work visas, absence of the degree in the field of training is actually beneficial for H-3 classification. The regulations require that the alien does not possess substantial training in the proposed field of training.
2) There are no numerical limits on the number of H-3 petitions granted each year. H-3 may be a good option for an alien who wants to stay in the U.S. and eventually apply for H-1B, but the number of H-1B visas allotted for the fiscal year has run out and the alien has to wait until the visas become available. In that case, the alien might want to receive H-3 training and then switch to H-1B in the future. If this is the case, the adjudicator might later request evidence that the alien has intent to go back to his or her home country after completion of the temporary employment in the U.S. This is because anytime you apply for a nonimmigrant visa the adjudicating officer has a presumption that you have the intent to immigrate. Therefore, the burden is on you to show that you have sufficient ties with your home country, such as relatives, property, offer of employment upon your return, etc.
3) Sometimes it may be beneficial to obtain H-3 training visa rather than J-1 training visa. Certain J-1trainees are subject to a two-year home residency requirement that requires that they return to their home country before they can acquire H or L visa status or permanent residency. The H-3category does not have such a requirement, and there are no specific rules excluding any particular occupations--unlike the J-1 training category, which has numerous occupational exclusions.
Limitations on extensions. If the H-3 petition is approved, you may be allowed to remain in the United States for up to 2 years. However, we advise our clients to complete the training program before the expiration of 2 years. An H-3 foreign national trainee who has completed two years of training may not have his or her status extended or changed or be readmitted to the United States with another H or L visa unless he or she has resided outside the United States for at least six months. In order to avoid that, we recommend our clients to change their status before completing full two years of training. In that case, the alien does not have to remain outside the U.S. for 6 months.
In case H-3 visa is denied, there are ways to challenge the denial. Our office has been successful in securing an H-3 visa even after the denial was issued.
H-3 training visa may be used to provide a nonimmigrant solution for training in a variety of industries, and, thus, can be a valuable tool in meeting the goals of U.S. employers and foreign nationals seeking training in the United States. The circumstances of each case must be evaluated to determine which would be more appropriate and advantageous to your particular case, taking into consideration many of the factors discussed above. If you are interested in your eligibility for H-3 visa, contact our office for additional information.
More... (http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2011/01/hospitality_h3_trainee_visas_o.html)
The H-3 nonimmigrant (http://www.h1b.biz/lawyer-attorney-1137115.html) visa category is available for aliens coming temporarily to the United States as either a:
� Trainee to receive training, other than graduate or medical education training, that is not available in the alien�s home country or
� Special Education Exchange Visitor to participate in a special education exchange visitor training program for children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities.
This article will cover only H-3 trainee visas. H-3 training may be in a variety of fields, including commerce, communications, finance, government, transportation, agriculture, etc. Our office has been successful in obtaining H-3 visas for numerous hospitality trainees to receive hospitality related training at the hotels in the U.S.
Training purpose. The heart of an H-3 petition is the explanation for conducting the training in the United States. The petition should describe how the U.S. company is benefited by providing the training, the career abroad for which the training will prepare the foreign national, and the reason why the training cannot be obtained in the foreign national�s home country. The training program should be related to the petitioner�s business and cannot be for workers who already possess �substantial training and expertise� in the area of training.
The petitioner must establish its ability to provide the training, and the training program itself must not be available in the foreign national�s own country. In addition, the training cannot be in a field unlikely to be used outside the United States, or the primary purpose of which is to eventually staff the domestic operations of the U.S. company. This classification is not intended for employment within the United States. The petitioner must establish that the beneficiary will not engage in productive employment unless such employment is incidental and necessary to the training. It is designed to provide an alien with job related training for work that will ultimately be performed in the alien�s home country.
Therefore, it is very important to show that the trainee has no intention of abandoning his or her foreign residence and will return to his or her home country upon completion of the training program.
Training program. In order to obtain H-3 classification, the petitioner must describe the training program in detail. The description must include the nature of the training, the type of supervision, the proportion of time, if any, that will be devoted to productive employment, the number of hours in classroom instruction and/or on-the-job training, and an itinerary if the training will be in more than one location. The training program that deals in generalities with no fixed schedule, objectives, or means of evaluation will not be approved.
Practice shows that training programs will be approved if they are described carefully and specifically, and if the petitioner demonstrates some benefit to the U.S. company providing the training.
Advantages of H-3 category
1) Eligibility for H-3 status is not based on advanced education. Unlike nonimmigrant work visas, absence of the degree in the field of training is actually beneficial for H-3 classification. The regulations require that the alien does not possess substantial training in the proposed field of training.
2) There are no numerical limits on the number of H-3 petitions granted each year. H-3 may be a good option for an alien who wants to stay in the U.S. and eventually apply for H-1B, but the number of H-1B visas allotted for the fiscal year has run out and the alien has to wait until the visas become available. In that case, the alien might want to receive H-3 training and then switch to H-1B in the future. If this is the case, the adjudicator might later request evidence that the alien has intent to go back to his or her home country after completion of the temporary employment in the U.S. This is because anytime you apply for a nonimmigrant visa the adjudicating officer has a presumption that you have the intent to immigrate. Therefore, the burden is on you to show that you have sufficient ties with your home country, such as relatives, property, offer of employment upon your return, etc.
3) Sometimes it may be beneficial to obtain H-3 training visa rather than J-1 training visa. Certain J-1trainees are subject to a two-year home residency requirement that requires that they return to their home country before they can acquire H or L visa status or permanent residency. The H-3category does not have such a requirement, and there are no specific rules excluding any particular occupations--unlike the J-1 training category, which has numerous occupational exclusions.
Limitations on extensions. If the H-3 petition is approved, you may be allowed to remain in the United States for up to 2 years. However, we advise our clients to complete the training program before the expiration of 2 years. An H-3 foreign national trainee who has completed two years of training may not have his or her status extended or changed or be readmitted to the United States with another H or L visa unless he or she has resided outside the United States for at least six months. In order to avoid that, we recommend our clients to change their status before completing full two years of training. In that case, the alien does not have to remain outside the U.S. for 6 months.
In case H-3 visa is denied, there are ways to challenge the denial. Our office has been successful in securing an H-3 visa even after the denial was issued.
H-3 training visa may be used to provide a nonimmigrant solution for training in a variety of industries, and, thus, can be a valuable tool in meeting the goals of U.S. employers and foreign nationals seeking training in the United States. The circumstances of each case must be evaluated to determine which would be more appropriate and advantageous to your particular case, taking into consideration many of the factors discussed above. If you are interested in your eligibility for H-3 visa, contact our office for additional information.
More... (http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2011/01/hospitality_h3_trainee_visas_o.html)
wallpaper cross tattoos for lack men.
desi3933
06-22 09:59 AM
This is from my attorney:
All your previous I-20s if you were student here, including all the notes made on the I-20s for any change (travel, course related paid work experience, OPT etc.);
EAD card copy for OPT if you had any;
All the visa stamps for reentering the States;
All H1b approvals;
I had some I-20s missing but I was able to contact my University International Student office - fortunately that they have everything on file.
"Proof that person is maintaining valid status in USA since last entry in USA" - not last entry but the first entry. All the documents are to prove your entry is legal and your stay is as legally approved.
It is the last entry not the first entry.
It is since first entry to for the Family based I-485, for Employment based I-485 section 245(k) applies and it requires status since last entry. In fact out of status < 180 days is forgiven under 245(k).
If your attorney does not understand 245(k), may be you should consider getting second opinion.
Section 245(k) applies for ALL employment based I-485s.
Not a legal advice
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
All your previous I-20s if you were student here, including all the notes made on the I-20s for any change (travel, course related paid work experience, OPT etc.);
EAD card copy for OPT if you had any;
All the visa stamps for reentering the States;
All H1b approvals;
I had some I-20s missing but I was able to contact my University International Student office - fortunately that they have everything on file.
"Proof that person is maintaining valid status in USA since last entry in USA" - not last entry but the first entry. All the documents are to prove your entry is legal and your stay is as legally approved.
It is the last entry not the first entry.
It is since first entry to for the Family based I-485, for Employment based I-485 section 245(k) applies and it requires status since last entry. In fact out of status < 180 days is forgiven under 245(k).
If your attorney does not understand 245(k), may be you should consider getting second opinion.
Section 245(k) applies for ALL employment based I-485s.
Not a legal advice
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
snathan
02-17 06:10 PM
The PD for my GC application is Dec 10, 2001. I filed under EB3 category and my chargeability is India. Going by the backlog that we are currently experiencing for EB3, is it worth filing for an upgrade of the GC application from EB3 to EB2 based purely on timelines for both EB3 and EB2?
Since you are already very close to the GC, I would not recommend to go for EB2. It would take 1-2 years for the PERM and I-140 get cleared. By that time you might have got your GC. If your employer is ready to spend, give a try and you are not going to lose anything.
Since you are already very close to the GC, I would not recommend to go for EB2. It would take 1-2 years for the PERM and I-140 get cleared. By that time you might have got your GC. If your employer is ready to spend, give a try and you are not going to lose anything.
2011 Holy Cross Tattoos
gc007
06-30 09:39 PM
Can someone tell that If USCIS says that 29 June 07 is the last date to receive applications for premium processing for I 140 . Does that mean that they shud receive the application by 29th or application shud be post-marked dated 29th in order to be considered for premium processing.
Thanks
Thanks
more...

ivar
04-29 09:43 AM
when u file for the new 140..u are supposed to send in theold approved 140 and request for porting.. thats how my attorney did..
finally i got the 140 from my employer..and my date was ported successfully..so its all good.
Happy to know that you got your I-140 approved with old priority date. Is there any link or formal document which suggest that we can file new I-140 along with a copy of old I-140 to retain older priority date. My attorney doesn't agree to this, he says that we need to get the new I-140 approved first and than file for porting the date seperately. If there is any link or document which can suggest that we can file new I-140 with copy of older approved I-140 it will be of great help. I appreciate your reply to my post.
Thank you.
finally i got the 140 from my employer..and my date was ported successfully..so its all good.
Happy to know that you got your I-140 approved with old priority date. Is there any link or formal document which suggest that we can file new I-140 along with a copy of old I-140 to retain older priority date. My attorney doesn't agree to this, he says that we need to get the new I-140 approved first and than file for porting the date seperately. If there is any link or document which can suggest that we can file new I-140 with copy of older approved I-140 it will be of great help. I appreciate your reply to my post.
Thank you.
rameshnaik
08-06 08:19 PM
Yes, I saw a LUD on approved I-140 on 07/13.
more...
sts_seeker
09-02 08:41 PM
Guys, I seen many people who became devotee of Sathya Sai Baba to get instant gratification such fast money, success etc. But when they realized that Just by being his devotes, they can't just wipe out their past Karma and get instant results so they were angry and started evil saying and comment against Baba. Unless you really follow his teachings and discipline and understand what he has done to India and all mankind, it is ignorance to judge him, he is beyond our limited thinking of instant gratifications and thinking of selfishness.
2010 lack cross tattoo.
aroranuj
08-19 10:05 PM
I am filing for my EAD renewal and had a quick question...I have an EAD card from when I was in college and did my OPT. The problem though is that I do not have some of the details that they ask for while filing EAD renewal, such as what Center was it processed at & what was the application date.
I have already called USCIS & they cant pull up what center my EAD was filed at or the date it was filed. Can anyone suggest what I should do in this situation? What do I put in the form? Does anyone have similar experiences?
I have already called USCIS & they cant pull up what center my EAD was filed at or the date it was filed. Can anyone suggest what I should do in this situation? What do I put in the form? Does anyone have similar experiences?
more...
PD_Dec2002
06-24 10:58 AM
Thanks janilsal.
We got married in a temple and returned the license to the County Clerk's office.
We can't mention martial status as married due to family reasons.
We are fine applying with martial status as single independently since both of our PD is current now.
Will they find this discrepancy martial status during background check? I'm unsure whether these will appear in the background check in the first place.
Please advice.
Thank you!
I recommend talking to a lawyer. Remember, that you (and your partner) are certifying and signing all forms. So, if you are legally married, it would be perjury to leave the "spouse" field as blank.
Thanks,
Jayant
We got married in a temple and returned the license to the County Clerk's office.
We can't mention martial status as married due to family reasons.
We are fine applying with martial status as single independently since both of our PD is current now.
Will they find this discrepancy martial status during background check? I'm unsure whether these will appear in the background check in the first place.
Please advice.
Thank you!
I recommend talking to a lawyer. Remember, that you (and your partner) are certifying and signing all forms. So, if you are legally married, it would be perjury to leave the "spouse" field as blank.
Thanks,
Jayant
hair cross tattoo. Pretty lack
kishore.salla
11-07 11:14 AM
Hey indyanguy,
Me too in the same boat, got Masters in US, unfortunately got stuck in EB3 due to ill advice attorney.
Please share any more useful information on this.
Thanks.
Me too in the same boat, got Masters in US, unfortunately got stuck in EB3 due to ill advice attorney.
Please share any more useful information on this.
Thanks.
more...
softcrowd
10-02 03:21 PM
If I-140 is withdrawn by the employer, one can not port the PD.
hot house Body Art Simple Tattoo
samcam
10-24 01:54 PM
Ramba,
Thanks for responding. What happens when we get a RFE or NOID. Could we respond by ourself then? My case is not complicated at all. As straight forward as it could get.
I am going to search in this forum for sample covering letter. But if anybody has the info handy please let me know.
Thanks guys!
-samcam
Why do you want to spent $2000 for lawyer for AC21? If you have same or similar offer letter, why cant you type a simple covering letter for your AC21?Do it yourself. US certified post cost around $2.00. Hiring lawyer for AC21 is waste of money.
Thanks for responding. What happens when we get a RFE or NOID. Could we respond by ourself then? My case is not complicated at all. As straight forward as it could get.
I am going to search in this forum for sample covering letter. But if anybody has the info handy please let me know.
Thanks guys!
-samcam
Why do you want to spent $2000 for lawyer for AC21? If you have same or similar offer letter, why cant you type a simple covering letter for your AC21?Do it yourself. US certified post cost around $2.00. Hiring lawyer for AC21 is waste of money.
more...
house lack cross,
skdskd
09-16 01:25 AM
Keep up
tattoo Black and grey cross tattoo by

rkm
08-10 04:30 PM
Count Me Also, Please Include PD,RD and ND.
PD Mar 2006
RD 07/02/07
ND 08/31/07.
Poll result = 1 pending
Sorry - dark humor:D
PD Mar 2006
RD 07/02/07
ND 08/31/07.
Poll result = 1 pending
Sorry - dark humor:D
more...
pictures Religious Cross Tattoos,
CaliHoneB
06-05 03:53 PM
Hi,
I think we need to get some facts from DBEC and PBEC through senators. Basically we need to find out how much time(man hrs) per case they are spending so far and project that to Future (Sept2007) and then probably we can prove that What they are saying " backlog will be eliminated by certain date" is impossible.
I ask IV core team to come up with a strategy to tackle this. I know that IV core team has put 6 months time frame in the bill ( I truely appreciate IV efforts in this) but bill becoming a law has a long way to go..so this should be handled seperately. I am willing to contribute, send faxes and call the senators.
Cheers
I think we need to get some facts from DBEC and PBEC through senators. Basically we need to find out how much time(man hrs) per case they are spending so far and project that to Future (Sept2007) and then probably we can prove that What they are saying " backlog will be eliminated by certain date" is impossible.
I ask IV core team to come up with a strategy to tackle this. I know that IV core team has put 6 months time frame in the bill ( I truely appreciate IV efforts in this) but bill becoming a law has a long way to go..so this should be handled seperately. I am willing to contribute, send faxes and call the senators.
Cheers
dresses cross tattoos for men. Black
kartikiran
02-18 12:29 PM
If you can you should move up to EB2.
Even if it is file your spouse's I-485, what moving up means is you both can be free out of this mess.
There is no guarantee with PD dates for EB3-India moving to Dec 2001. It has not touched that date ever since retrogression was introduced. Go figure. BTW, USCIS still thinks there are thousands and thousands of apps filed before Dec 2001.
Best of luck.
The PD for my GC application is Dec 10, 2001. I filed under EB3 category and my chargeability is India. Going by the backlog that we are currently experiencing for EB3, is it worth filing for an upgrade of the GC application from EB3 to EB2 based purely on timelines for both EB3 and EB2?
Even if it is file your spouse's I-485, what moving up means is you both can be free out of this mess.
There is no guarantee with PD dates for EB3-India moving to Dec 2001. It has not touched that date ever since retrogression was introduced. Go figure. BTW, USCIS still thinks there are thousands and thousands of apps filed before Dec 2001.
Best of luck.
The PD for my GC application is Dec 10, 2001. I filed under EB3 category and my chargeability is India. Going by the backlog that we are currently experiencing for EB3, is it worth filing for an upgrade of the GC application from EB3 to EB2 based purely on timelines for both EB3 and EB2?
more...
makeup cross tattoos for women
tabletpc
03-17 12:06 PM
I was informed that without I-94 card she cannot be added to my insrurance.
Can anyone suggest me some good insurance I can take online/india for this kind of situation...???
Thanks
Can anyone suggest me some good insurance I can take online/india for this kind of situation...???
Thanks
girlfriend Jolie Black Cross tattoo.
cooldudesfo
12-16 06:51 PM
Hello Friends,
I am travelling to INDIA on Jan 28, 2009.
I am booking Lufthansa Airlines, travelling via Munich to Delhi.
Visa on passport is expired but I do have approval of H1B till 2010.
Do I need transit Visa? Did anybody travelled this route lately? Do you knowbody who has expereinced this lately.
Thanks in advance.
I am travelling to INDIA on Jan 28, 2009.
I am booking Lufthansa Airlines, travelling via Munich to Delhi.
Visa on passport is expired but I do have approval of H1B till 2010.
Do I need transit Visa? Did anybody travelled this route lately? Do you knowbody who has expereinced this lately.
Thanks in advance.
hairstyles yellow flying cross tattoo
little_willy
05-02 09:41 PM
Little_willy,
How could your friends get the 3 yr extension in their new company. Did they show their I-140 approval copy from previous company ?
Thanks
Yes, you do need the I-140 approval from your current employer. We contacted the lawyer directly and obtained all the relevant documents, told them we need for our records. Employer never got involved in this. Hope you can get the approval copy. All the best.
How could your friends get the 3 yr extension in their new company. Did they show their I-140 approval copy from previous company ?
Thanks
Yes, you do need the I-140 approval from your current employer. We contacted the lawyer directly and obtained all the relevant documents, told them we need for our records. Employer never got involved in this. Hope you can get the approval copy. All the best.
sam_hoosier
04-05 12:24 PM
Has anyone on a EAD or H1 taken a FHA house loan?
FHA Loan Refinance and FHA Home Loans | Mortgages (http://www.fha.com/)
Let FHA Loans Help You - HUD (http://www.hud.gov/buying/loans.cfm)
Would be interested in hearing your experiences.
- JK
I am on EAD and will be closing my loan (refinance) this week. I had explained my immigration status to the broker upfront, and they had no objection to moving with the loan. My lender is US Bank.
FHA Loan Refinance and FHA Home Loans | Mortgages (http://www.fha.com/)
Let FHA Loans Help You - HUD (http://www.hud.gov/buying/loans.cfm)
Would be interested in hearing your experiences.
- JK
I am on EAD and will be closing my loan (refinance) this week. I had explained my immigration status to the broker upfront, and they had no objection to moving with the loan. My lender is US Bank.
willIWill
02-23 05:25 PM
I don't want to use EAD/AP, as I want to have a backup.
Gps, look at the below link, it should be informative and useful in your case.
EAD or H1:
Unless until you have any dependants still to be included in your GC, go for EAD get done with the H1 headache.
H-1B vs. EAD/AP � some thoughts - Blogs - Immigration Information Discussion Forum (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/blogs/ron-gotcher/10-h-1b-vs-ead-ap-some-thoughts.html)
Gps, look at the below link, it should be informative and useful in your case.
EAD or H1:
Unless until you have any dependants still to be included in your GC, go for EAD get done with the H1 headache.
H-1B vs. EAD/AP � some thoughts - Blogs - Immigration Information Discussion Forum (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/blogs/ron-gotcher/10-h-1b-vs-ead-ap-some-thoughts.html)


