
kondur_007
03-25 08:31 PM
Got some answers for you (they are in red below).
good luck.
My case details below:
EB3 INDIA
PD of Jul 2004.
I am still working for same GC sponsoring employer since last 5 years. I still perform the same job title/job duties as mentioned in labor.
My employer had mentioned a salary of 87,000$ in my labor.
My 485 was filed way back in Sep 2004.
My 140 was approved way back in Nov 2004.
I have had 2 FPs done and 1 RFE replied to about 2 years ago. RFE was for EVL & TB Skin test.
2004 W2 � shows 74,000$/yr (Less than the salary mentioned in approved labor which is 87,000$)
2005 W2 � shows 57,000$/yr
2006 W2 � shows 50,000$/yr
2007 W2 � shows 58,000$/yr
2008 W2 � shows 67,000$/yr
Never changed employers nor job titles.
My concerns and questions below:
Q1) Will my 485 approval be affected due to the W2�s as mentioned above showing less way less salary than mentioned in the labor. I still work for same employer with same job duties/title as mentioned in labor.
This may generate an RFE. There is a question on I 140 that asks "is the beneficiary currently employed at the proposed job?" and if that was marked "yes" in original I 140 petetion, USCIS can raise the question about the salary.
Q2) Am I safe because GC is intended for future job offer? If there is any issue with me getting less salary all these years than my labor petition then can my employer say the 87,000$/yr salary is after 485 approval? Will this suffice? Or am I in jeopardy here?
Depends on what I answered for Q1: if that question was asnwered "yes", USCIS can ask the employer abou the explanation.
Q3) With my EB3-India Jul 2004 PD how much more long do you think I need to wait to see a 485 approval? My FBI name checks are cleared.
Sorry boss....Can't answer this! God only knows. Or may be even God does not know!!
Q4) With June 2004 PD/EB3 India do you advise me at this stage after 5 years to switch to CP?
I do not see advantage of doint it. Also you will loose benefits of EAD and AP (in case you change employer or run out of H visa). I personally would not recommend it but there can be a difference of opinion.
Q5) Would you advise me to start a brand new EB2 India labor and 140 considering my retrogressed eb3 India category and dates?
That may not be a bad idea. Especially if you can do with a different employer, there is no disadvantage of doing it and it may eventually bring your GC earlier. EB3 India (at current pace) is going no where till all EB2 are current and EB3 row is current and overflows.
Q6) I have been on bench for about 3 times (periods of 2 to 3 months) in the last several years witout pay. But I have always had EAD but never used EAD as I had H1B from same GC sponsoring employer. But I always got paid every year more than the prevailing LCA wage for my geographical location? Will this affect my GC?
This is the most complicated question. as such, you were out of status (if you are on H1 and on bench) during the bench period. If you ware on EAD (not on H1), you were absolutely fine. Also it will depend on whether it was after the filing of 485 or before. total duration of out of status (less or more than 180 days for 245(k) protection) etc. On this issue, I would highly recommend to ask a competent lawyer and straighten it up.
Thanks.
good luck.
My case details below:
EB3 INDIA
PD of Jul 2004.
I am still working for same GC sponsoring employer since last 5 years. I still perform the same job title/job duties as mentioned in labor.
My employer had mentioned a salary of 87,000$ in my labor.
My 485 was filed way back in Sep 2004.
My 140 was approved way back in Nov 2004.
I have had 2 FPs done and 1 RFE replied to about 2 years ago. RFE was for EVL & TB Skin test.
2004 W2 � shows 74,000$/yr (Less than the salary mentioned in approved labor which is 87,000$)
2005 W2 � shows 57,000$/yr
2006 W2 � shows 50,000$/yr
2007 W2 � shows 58,000$/yr
2008 W2 � shows 67,000$/yr
Never changed employers nor job titles.
My concerns and questions below:
Q1) Will my 485 approval be affected due to the W2�s as mentioned above showing less way less salary than mentioned in the labor. I still work for same employer with same job duties/title as mentioned in labor.
This may generate an RFE. There is a question on I 140 that asks "is the beneficiary currently employed at the proposed job?" and if that was marked "yes" in original I 140 petetion, USCIS can raise the question about the salary.
Q2) Am I safe because GC is intended for future job offer? If there is any issue with me getting less salary all these years than my labor petition then can my employer say the 87,000$/yr salary is after 485 approval? Will this suffice? Or am I in jeopardy here?
Depends on what I answered for Q1: if that question was asnwered "yes", USCIS can ask the employer abou the explanation.
Q3) With my EB3-India Jul 2004 PD how much more long do you think I need to wait to see a 485 approval? My FBI name checks are cleared.
Sorry boss....Can't answer this! God only knows. Or may be even God does not know!!
Q4) With June 2004 PD/EB3 India do you advise me at this stage after 5 years to switch to CP?
I do not see advantage of doint it. Also you will loose benefits of EAD and AP (in case you change employer or run out of H visa). I personally would not recommend it but there can be a difference of opinion.
Q5) Would you advise me to start a brand new EB2 India labor and 140 considering my retrogressed eb3 India category and dates?
That may not be a bad idea. Especially if you can do with a different employer, there is no disadvantage of doing it and it may eventually bring your GC earlier. EB3 India (at current pace) is going no where till all EB2 are current and EB3 row is current and overflows.
Q6) I have been on bench for about 3 times (periods of 2 to 3 months) in the last several years witout pay. But I have always had EAD but never used EAD as I had H1B from same GC sponsoring employer. But I always got paid every year more than the prevailing LCA wage for my geographical location? Will this affect my GC?
This is the most complicated question. as such, you were out of status (if you are on H1 and on bench) during the bench period. If you ware on EAD (not on H1), you were absolutely fine. Also it will depend on whether it was after the filing of 485 or before. total duration of out of status (less or more than 180 days for 245(k) protection) etc. On this issue, I would highly recommend to ask a competent lawyer and straighten it up.
Thanks.
wallpaper house Justin Bieber and Selena
nlssubbu
12-12 07:30 PM
Hi!
I have an approved H1 until 2009 but expired visa in my passport. I have AP and EAD approved. My lawyer has the original I-485 receipt notice - I only have a fax of it. I am travelling to India in Jan-08.
I am planning to re-enter the USA on AP. Do I need original I-485 receipt to re-enter? OR is AP documents enough? Do I need to carry approved H1-B notice or any other docs?
Thanks for your help!
Vivek.
I-485 receipt notice belongs to you and I do not know why your attorney retained them. If your attorney is not appointed by you and employed through your company, it is all the more better, if you have this copy with you.
If you are planning to re-enter using AP, then have the original I-485 receipt notice and the company letter to be on the safer side.
Have a safe trip!
I have an approved H1 until 2009 but expired visa in my passport. I have AP and EAD approved. My lawyer has the original I-485 receipt notice - I only have a fax of it. I am travelling to India in Jan-08.
I am planning to re-enter the USA on AP. Do I need original I-485 receipt to re-enter? OR is AP documents enough? Do I need to carry approved H1-B notice or any other docs?
Thanks for your help!
Vivek.
I-485 receipt notice belongs to you and I do not know why your attorney retained them. If your attorney is not appointed by you and employed through your company, it is all the more better, if you have this copy with you.
If you are planning to re-enter using AP, then have the original I-485 receipt notice and the company letter to be on the safer side.
Have a safe trip!
surabhi
10-17 12:28 PM
I am new to cnsulting jobs and was wondering if anyone can elaborate on what these terms mean ..
Contract - Corp-to-Corp ?
Contract - W2 ?
Contract to Hire - Independent ?
Contract to Hire - W2 ?
These are all tax terms on which the contract is signed
Corp-corp - Between 2 corporations. From your point of view, you are represented by a corporation. The corporation gets paid from other corporation. Your payment can be W-2
Contract - W2. The client pays you directly on W-2. Most of the times, this doesnt have benefits.
Contract to Hire - W2 : Initially you'll start as W-2 contract. the client has right to hire you full time after a period, normally 3 -6 months.
Contract to Hire - Independent: YOu are starting off on 1099, but company has right to offer you full time on W-2 basis after a period.
If you are on H1, your relation with your employer is always W-2. So only corp-corp is applicable.
If you use EAD, its debatabe whether you can be on 1099.
Being on W-2 contract, you should still ensure your job conforms to AC-21
Contract - Corp-to-Corp ?
Contract - W2 ?
Contract to Hire - Independent ?
Contract to Hire - W2 ?
These are all tax terms on which the contract is signed
Corp-corp - Between 2 corporations. From your point of view, you are represented by a corporation. The corporation gets paid from other corporation. Your payment can be W-2
Contract - W2. The client pays you directly on W-2. Most of the times, this doesnt have benefits.
Contract to Hire - W2 : Initially you'll start as W-2 contract. the client has right to hire you full time after a period, normally 3 -6 months.
Contract to Hire - Independent: YOu are starting off on 1099, but company has right to offer you full time on W-2 basis after a period.
If you are on H1, your relation with your employer is always W-2. So only corp-corp is applicable.
If you use EAD, its debatabe whether you can be on 1099.
Being on W-2 contract, you should still ensure your job conforms to AC-21
2011 Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber
mpadapa
05-14 04:35 PM
On what basis are you saying this?
If EB folks don't want to do anything for their own benefit, there won't be any hope even after 2009. We will be over shadowed by 12 million folks once 2009 kicks in. Good luck finding a solution then.
We already have 2 bills (HR5882 and HR 5921) in the Judiciary committee, did U call U'r lawmaker and seek support from him/her.
PD's don't move forward based on ppl praying, it moves based on supply and demand. Right now the demand is very high and the supply of visa is very low. We can improve the supply situation if the bills goes through.
2009------we can see something happening.
Until then Visa Bulleting is our best hope and source
Let us pray.
If EB folks don't want to do anything for their own benefit, there won't be any hope even after 2009. We will be over shadowed by 12 million folks once 2009 kicks in. Good luck finding a solution then.
We already have 2 bills (HR5882 and HR 5921) in the Judiciary committee, did U call U'r lawmaker and seek support from him/her.
PD's don't move forward based on ppl praying, it moves based on supply and demand. Right now the demand is very high and the supply of visa is very low. We can improve the supply situation if the bills goes through.
2009------we can see something happening.
Until then Visa Bulleting is our best hope and source
Let us pray.
more...
sri1309
03-25 05:36 PM
I think we all should vote for just one immigration related question
After logging in, if you search with "immigration", I think there are atleast 25-35 posts which are related to us. I created my question just now and went thru all the 171 questions and voted FOR all of them which are good for us.
Core Team,
Thursday is the deadline.. President is asking us to help him understand our issues. Can you please make this an action item.. Pleassseeeee....
After logging in, if you search with "immigration", I think there are atleast 25-35 posts which are related to us. I created my question just now and went thru all the 171 questions and voted FOR all of them which are good for us.
Core Team,
Thursday is the deadline.. President is asking us to help him understand our issues. Can you please make this an action item.. Pleassseeeee....
rghrdr777
10-24 05:34 PM
TSC (Sent to NSC. Got transferred to TSC)
RD: 06/25/2007
ND: 08/01/2007
EAD Self Card Received: 08/23
EAD Spouse Card Received: 08/25
FP done for myself and Spouse: 09/06
AP: Waiting
GC: Waiting
RD: 06/25/2007
ND: 08/01/2007
EAD Self Card Received: 08/23
EAD Spouse Card Received: 08/25
FP done for myself and Spouse: 09/06
AP: Waiting
GC: Waiting
more...
gemini23
08-02 01:35 PM
Sanju,
This is indeed related to immigration issues, as many people have to get birth affidavits from india to usa and other places. I dont see whats wrong in using IV to discuss this courier issues.
Also, I dont know why would you link this with DC rally. I assume in good faith that people are going to show up at rally if they can, based on their circumstances.
Please do not make generic negative assumptions.
Peace.
People have started using IV forums to report any issue with customer service. Guys, grow-up, participate in IV activity rather than screwing the effort of few good people. I am sure that people who posted on this thread about DHL/UPS/FedEx are not going to show up at the DC rally. Why are you guys wasting the bandwidth and at the same time killing your time? Wish you all the luck in finding something better to do.
This is indeed related to immigration issues, as many people have to get birth affidavits from india to usa and other places. I dont see whats wrong in using IV to discuss this courier issues.
Also, I dont know why would you link this with DC rally. I assume in good faith that people are going to show up at rally if they can, based on their circumstances.
Please do not make generic negative assumptions.
Peace.
People have started using IV forums to report any issue with customer service. Guys, grow-up, participate in IV activity rather than screwing the effort of few good people. I am sure that people who posted on this thread about DHL/UPS/FedEx are not going to show up at the DC rally. Why are you guys wasting the bandwidth and at the same time killing your time? Wish you all the luck in finding something better to do.
2010 Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez
pappu
09-18 10:37 AM
Healthcare reforms and their covering of "illegal aliens" in question.
Both are non-issue in this forum!
Both Healthcare reform and undocumented in question are issues that affect everyone on this forum. The healthcare bill is also important before CIR happens. The posts by blogfeeds are very helpful if you wish to know what is happening around you that affect your immigration issue and what others who work in the immigration area think.
People need to stop thinking narrowly about their EB3I PDs and visa bulletins only. If we wish to do advocacy effort, a good understanding of politics, current events that affect immigration reform is very important. Our community needs to read more about the political process, how to do advocacy efforts more than discussing EB2vsEB3 fights, tracking or sending junk emails to lawmakers. It only shows our ignorance of American political process.If we do any effort without understanding the political process, it will do us more harm than good.
Both are non-issue in this forum!
Both Healthcare reform and undocumented in question are issues that affect everyone on this forum. The healthcare bill is also important before CIR happens. The posts by blogfeeds are very helpful if you wish to know what is happening around you that affect your immigration issue and what others who work in the immigration area think.
People need to stop thinking narrowly about their EB3I PDs and visa bulletins only. If we wish to do advocacy effort, a good understanding of politics, current events that affect immigration reform is very important. Our community needs to read more about the political process, how to do advocacy efforts more than discussing EB2vsEB3 fights, tracking or sending junk emails to lawmakers. It only shows our ignorance of American political process.If we do any effort without understanding the political process, it will do us more harm than good.
more...
coolpal
04-20 03:07 PM
I got my approval notice today, and as expected, it is approved as consular process with the Chennai consulate as the class consulate.
I hope I won't have any problems using EAD. Taking the dive now.
pal :)
I hope I won't have any problems using EAD. Taking the dive now.
pal :)
hair Selena Gomez amp; Justin Bieber:
Sakthisagar
05-19 09:43 AM
Why should Indian leader plead for your green card? This is a US immigration issue. US has to base its immigration based on its own interests. Don't get me wrong, even i am waiting for my Green Card. But i don't expect Indian Prime minister to work for my Green Card.
As a Indian Citizen NRI you are talking about having the right to ask the Prime Minister. Tomorrow you are probably willing to take the US citizenship too. You cannot just look at your personal needs and expect Indian PM to help you become an American Citizen. All i am trying to say is don't bring down the Indian PM just for your need to get a GC.
How come Mexican president doing Illegal immigration stuff. Indian PM can at least talk about waiting people, family reunion and backlogs.
I can understand where you coming from.. Mera Bharath Mahan
But I cant but differ from your views. Indian Prime Minister is not so great as you think. He is only a puppet in Dynasty tantras
As a Indian Citizen NRI you are talking about having the right to ask the Prime Minister. Tomorrow you are probably willing to take the US citizenship too. You cannot just look at your personal needs and expect Indian PM to help you become an American Citizen. All i am trying to say is don't bring down the Indian PM just for your need to get a GC.
How come Mexican president doing Illegal immigration stuff. Indian PM can at least talk about waiting people, family reunion and backlogs.
I can understand where you coming from.. Mera Bharath Mahan
But I cant but differ from your views. Indian Prime Minister is not so great as you think. He is only a puppet in Dynasty tantras
more...
Sachin_Stock
09-18 10:29 AM
Healthcare reforms and their covering of "illegal aliens" in question.
Both are non-issue in this forum!
Both are non-issue in this forum!
hot Justin Bieber amp; Selena Gomez
GAFAAAAA
10-27 11:36 AM
you can make bird houses out of tables, surley that blue bird on twitter must land somewhere of a night on his cyber bird house when everyone has shut up for the night about how the jonas brothers suck. he/she probably goes home from work too you know.
more...
house Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber
hyderabad123
04-27 08:08 AM
Hi mhssatya,
Better to hire local attorney, you guys can go at one time for an interview. Please do keep me posted after the interview.
I had interview on Mar 30th on I-485 Interview,
Earlier we got an denial on I-485 bcz of withdrawn my approved I-140 from Previous Employer.
Before itself I moved new employer uncer AC 21 portability.
We applied MTR on I-485 and thet is approved.
After that we recieved interview letter. The interview was Good, end of the interview, the officer told us, that will review again, if any docs needed will let you know with in 2 weeks.
Still didnt recive any response. Can you guys please do advice on my case, can i call to customer care on my case or better to go take an info pass.
Thanks
Better to hire local attorney, you guys can go at one time for an interview. Please do keep me posted after the interview.
I had interview on Mar 30th on I-485 Interview,
Earlier we got an denial on I-485 bcz of withdrawn my approved I-140 from Previous Employer.
Before itself I moved new employer uncer AC 21 portability.
We applied MTR on I-485 and thet is approved.
After that we recieved interview letter. The interview was Good, end of the interview, the officer told us, that will review again, if any docs needed will let you know with in 2 weeks.
Still didnt recive any response. Can you guys please do advice on my case, can i call to customer care on my case or better to go take an info pass.
Thanks
tattoo Justin-Bieber-Selena-Gomez-
file485
02-05 06:29 PM
lets not drift away even a little bit from our main efforts...
Dont forget this cud be an open forum and every kind must be viewing the posts here...so lets not bother how many outsiders r needed in this country or how much education is needed here..
remember waht happened at techworkers1 yahoo forum...no matter what, we have our points to say and anti immigrants have their points to say...
So..lets not even debate on these kind of topics...
Dont forget this cud be an open forum and every kind must be viewing the posts here...so lets not bother how many outsiders r needed in this country or how much education is needed here..
remember waht happened at techworkers1 yahoo forum...no matter what, we have our points to say and anti immigrants have their points to say...
So..lets not even debate on these kind of topics...
more...
pictures justin-ieber-selena-gomez-
Munshi75
10-09 06:16 PM
By all standards, you should have the receipt number by now. Call USCIS customer service and follow the menu, have lot of patience and all the info with u when u call them up.
dresses justin bieber and selena gomez
fromnaija
09-01 12:29 PM
My FP was done on 9/28/09.
You meant 9/28/2007, right?
Once again congratulations on your approval. Please continue to support this movement.
You meant 9/28/2007, right?
Once again congratulations on your approval. Please continue to support this movement.
more...
makeup Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber
Mik3
03-07 10:29 PM
I vote that mIkedave drives to a Sony of America headquarters and gives them that because that is darn good!
girlfriend Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
GCNirvana007
10-04 06:10 PM
What all other questions, like "Are you still working for the GC sponsored employer" ?
Asked me if i am married or single - I mean wtf you dont see my status in the computer screen
Asked me if i am married or single - I mean wtf you dont see my status in the computer screen
hairstyles Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber
aachoo
09-17 01:11 AM
When AP is approved, you get 3 copies. I went twice on intl trips and each time they took a copy. I am left with 1 copy of the AP.
Now I need to go on one last intl trip (I have applied for renewal). I just have one copy of AP with me.
How does it work? Will the officer just stamp the AP and make a copy?
The officer made a copy and returned the original to me the second time I travelled. But I had only 2 copies to begin with. Not sure how you have 3. They did'nt even ask me- I guess they are so used to it (I flew in to SFO)
-a
Now I need to go on one last intl trip (I have applied for renewal). I just have one copy of AP with me.
How does it work? Will the officer just stamp the AP and make a copy?
The officer made a copy and returned the original to me the second time I travelled. But I had only 2 copies to begin with. Not sure how you have 3. They did'nt even ask me- I guess they are so used to it (I flew in to SFO)
-a
amitga
05-23 01:45 PM
My attorney told me that EAD to H1 will not counted against the cap if the person was on H1 before going on EAD. Is it true.
Imm_Exploited
07-23 02:15 AM
rdehar,
I cannot agree with you more. The God-damn Labor Sub was the one of the main causes for the torturous retrogression of EB-based PDs.
Some one correct me if I am wrong; the majority of members on these forums are from India and no one can convince me that this GC wait is NOT absurd.
If the US is benefited from the skilled employees from India and they are not scared of these highly skilled personnel from overtaking the white Americans, starting their own businesses and demanding more moolah for their skills, they would have opened up the GC gates long back.
Free Market My Foot!! If the US did not have me as a bonded slave (read H1B + pending EB status) since last six years, I would have been a millionaire here like any other high school graduate could be. The laws for immigrants here are more stringent than those that are prevalent in communist China.
And one last thing, please nobody advise me to go back home because I am here in the US since it is worse in India. This is a nation of immigrants, and we all should sustain and reiterate it, time and again.
Sincerely - IE
I cannot agree with you more. The God-damn Labor Sub was the one of the main causes for the torturous retrogression of EB-based PDs.
Some one correct me if I am wrong; the majority of members on these forums are from India and no one can convince me that this GC wait is NOT absurd.
If the US is benefited from the skilled employees from India and they are not scared of these highly skilled personnel from overtaking the white Americans, starting their own businesses and demanding more moolah for their skills, they would have opened up the GC gates long back.
Free Market My Foot!! If the US did not have me as a bonded slave (read H1B + pending EB status) since last six years, I would have been a millionaire here like any other high school graduate could be. The laws for immigrants here are more stringent than those that are prevalent in communist China.
And one last thing, please nobody advise me to go back home because I am here in the US since it is worse in India. This is a nation of immigrants, and we all should sustain and reiterate it, time and again.
Sincerely - IE


