.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

~I Get By With A Little Help From My (very talented) Friends~

Follow my blog with bloglovin´

~ Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it. ~ -Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I started this blog I did so with the purpose of honing and improving my writing skills in hopes a beauty editor job in the future. Well 6 months later this blog has become like a child to me. It's my baby!! And it's time for my baby to grow up a little bit. And by grow I mean get bigger and better.

A few things I'm planning are official "Glamour Whore" lipglosses, nail polishes, and some sexy & glam tank/wifebeaters. As I was thinking up ideas and running them past friends/family/co-workers the question I received was "Are you going to do a press kit?" Hmmmm...never thought about that.

A staple in a press kit is a PR photo. The thought of that excited me, ideas started swirling around in my head. So, I started talking to some of the photogs I have worked with forever and I really liked their vision.

But then...I had a genius idea. My friend James Johnson is a up and coming photographer with crazy skills. His intense passion and zest for what he does is infectious. I love discussing "the industry" with him, he has a fresh, unjaded outlook and vision. It suddenly seemed crystal clear to me that he should shoot the pix. The photogs I work with already have their fair share of work and have been doing it forever. James (JJ to me;) is new to the business, but fantastic at what he does and I felt that even though he's still new, he is the most qualified for what I'm looking for. So, I took a leap of faith and told him I wanted to give him the job...

It's the best decision I've made in a long time. I realized this when I woke up this morning to find text messages from him with his ideas and visions and they were exactly what I was thinking!! THEN... I received a text saying he was creating a logo for me and a Twitter/Myspace layout/background. Huh?! As much as I love the photogs I work with, that is just not something they offer to do. James goes the extra 100 miles. Within a few hours my blog had a FABULOUS new logo and I have a phenomenal layout/background for my other networking sites.

I have written about him before in a post called "Shooting Stars" and have already preached to you about his talent. Well, I'm saying it again...this kid is uber-talented. AND he's a triple threat. His photoshop and graphic design skills are as extraordinary as his photography skills. AND he has a huge heart and gives back to his community . He is hard at work organizing a great toy drive in his area of South Jersey as I type this.

So basically what I'm trying to tell you is...

If you need:
1) A great photographer for a shoot
2) A logo or layout made for your website
3) Some editing/photoshop work done.

James Johnson is who your looking for.

Contact info:
http://www.myspace.com/JamesJohnsonPhotography
http://www.modelmayhem.com/JamesJohnson
http://www.twitter.com/IAMJAMESJOHNSON

My New Layout and Logo:



Toy Drive Info:(He also created this)



Kisses Bitches...
Glamour Whore...xoxo