.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

~Glamour Whore Got Her Swurv On~

Follow my blog with bloglovin´

"There are too many leaders anointed because they have a public voice - television, radio, or record, or whatever. That even includes myself. In the past, I'd say, 'Don't anoint me when you can anoint yourself." -Chuck D.

I was on the phone with my girl Missy B, host of
Swurv Radio's Sunday (9pm Eastern Time) night show "Sex and Politics", and we were chatting away when she threw "So you're doing my show with me Sunday right?" at me. Who? Me? Yes. Me. I have to admit anytime someone ASKS for my opinion on the topics of beauty,fashion and/or celebrity style, I am more than happy to comply with the request. BUT, I also have to admit I was nervous. Not so nervous that I wanted to miss seeing my friend in action... So, of course said yes...


The real reason I wanted to do the show was mostly because of Missy herself. Her energy is AMAZING, her passion for what she does is immeasurable, and she is just one of the coolest people I know. She is ultra supportive and always the first to say words of encouragement and cheer you on. She has said that she "brings people together". and she does.. Like I said, one of the coolest people I know.

The second reason I wanted to participate is I smelled a story. I have written about Angie Martinez and Egypt, 2 of NYC's fab female DJs/radio personalities, in the past and knew if I participated it would give me reason to shout out another one of NYCs dopest female radio personalities.


What I love most about Missy's show is the mix of music she plays. She hits you with some old school, currents hits and always has brand new music you haven't heard yet. Love her playlists... She has real passion for what she does and her love of music runs deep.


So...last Sunday I was a guest on her show. Taping it was so much fun!! I've done TV before but never radio. I learned alot and really enjoyed it. The hottest part for me how she was able to tie in my commentary about beauty/style with the artists she was playing. If she played Rihanna, we talked about Rihanna's style and trendsetting ensembles and so on and so forth. We actually covered alot... Keyshia Cole's pregnancy look, Fergie's lack of personal style, Pleasure P's technology -driven scandal, women that spend all of their money on designer gear when they don't have it to spend and a few other topics.

I have posted a podcast of the show... Listen, tell me what you think of Glamour Whore's radio debut...