.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

~Sephora Vending Machines?! Hmmmm~

Follow my blog with bloglovin´

"We used to build civilizations. Now we build shopping malls." ~Bill Bryson

Sephora is installing product dispensing vending machines in 20 JC Penny Stores that are too small to have a Sephora store within... Sounds like something that please me right? Maybe. Kinda. Sorta. I guess. I'm not nearly as excited about this new avenue of purchasing cosmetics. There are many factors to take into consideration. What about people who need to test the product on their skin tone before purchase? What about consumers who have questions regarding a product? What about makeup virgins who need to be educated and guided? Well, these vending machines are only going to carry 50 of Sephoras top sellers, so people with the needs I mentioned would be better off in a free-standing Sephora. These machine will be strictly for the convenience of people who already know exactly what they are looking for. But... What happens when the machine makes a mistake and vends perfume when you wanted and pushed the button for a lipstick? I would be LIVID...

I think my real issue with this idea is...IT'S TOO MUCH!!! As it is there is a Sephora EVERYWHERE. These JC Penny stores , deemed in desperate need of a vending machine, are most likely in a mall that already houses a Sephora store...I'd bet my life on it. Free-standing stores, small stores within bigger department stores and now vending machines?! Sephora has gone the way of Starbucks and made itself way to accessible. What's next? A Sephora in a Starbucks?

Ok, I'm stepping down off my soapbox to do my job, which is to relay the facts. So here goes...

As I mentioned already, the machines will carry Sephora's 50 best selling products including items from companies such as Bare Escentuals, Dior, Philosophy and Korres. Zoom Systems will be operating the machines which will accept credit cards and debit cards. The company is re-evaluating the project come spring...



Kisses Bitches...
Glamour Whore...xoxo