.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

~Through The Looking Glass~

Follow my blog with bloglovin´

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
(Alice in Wonderland, Chapter 6)


Ever since it was announced that Tim Burton was directing "Alice In Wonderland" a adaptation and sequel to Lewis Carroll novels "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass" with a cast that includes Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway,Helena Bonham Carter,Michael Sheen,and introducing Mia Wasikowska as "Alice" I have been anxiously anticipating it's release. No one does fantasy like Tim Burton does fantasy, and I am certain he will bring one of my very favorite stories to life like no other could.

Besides my love of Tim Burton's work and the books of Lewis Carroll, I am also excited for the release from a makeup artists perspective. I just knew it was going to be visually appealing masterpiece. I just didn't know he was going to out do himself the way he has.The first pictures from the films principle photography were released today and I was blown away. I cannot wait for the March 2010 release of the 3D Disney "Alice in Wonderland". Yes, I said 3D. If the makeup and special effects artists are not recognized at the 2010 Academy Awards it will a huge injustice. The team put out a masterpiece that is in fact ART pure and simple. I will let you see for yourself...



The amazing crew responsible for this masterpiece:

Makeup Department

Corinne Bossu .... makeup artist: dailies
Leslie Devlin .... key makeup artist
Paul Gooch .... key hair stylist
Paul Gooch .... wigs and makeup designer
Connie Grayson .... contact lens technician (2010)
Paul Mooney .... hair stylist
Christopher Allen Nelson .... special makeup effects artist
Valli O'Reilly .... makeup department head
Cristina Patterson Ceret .... contact lens coordinator/painter
Mike Smithson .... key prosthetic makeup artist
Susan Stepanian .... makeup artist
Patty York .... personal makeup artist: Johnny Depp

Special Effects:
Michael Dawson .... special effects supervisor: UK
Damian Fisher .... mold shop supervisor
Rob Heggie .... special effects technician
Allan B. Holt .... mold maker
Michael Lantieri .... special effects supervisor
Kevin McTurk .... special effects makeup: Legacy Effects

The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. "Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" he asked.
"Begin at the beginning," the King said gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop."
(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 12)

For more information on Tim Burton or The 2010 "Alice in Wonderland":
http://www.timburtoncollective.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/

Kisses Bitches...
Glamour Whore...xoxo