.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

~I Fell Off My Moral Soapbox...But My Lashes Look PHENOMENAL~

Follow my blog with bloglovin´

"Morality is the theory that every human act must be either right or wrong, and that 99 % of them are wrong." ~H. L. Mencken

I write this post filled with shame. Dirty dirty shame...but my eyelashes are a mile long. Let me explain my conundrum...

A few months back I wrote a post about L'oreal. They had been ordered to pay out millions in a racism lawsuit, this is after they had a financial judgement against them for "ageism". I was disgusted with them. Still am truthfully. I had vowed not to use ANY L'oreal product and urged everyone to follow my lead. I threw away every L'oreal product I had in my kit and in my home. Every once in awhile I would see an appealing L'oreal product and be tempted but I stayed strong.

Until...the other day...

I was in Harmon Drugs (Favorite drugstore EVER) and passed by the display for L'oreal's Telescopic Explosion Mascara. It was callin my name...it really was!! I was mesmerized by the globe-like brush... (It doesn't take much) I kept walking away but it kept calling me back... I knew that Givenchy made a similar mascara and I should have just purchased the Givenchy, at most likely 3x the price of the L'oreal, but I didn't. Instead I sold my soul to buy L'oreal for my lashes...shame, shame, shame...

Wish I could say I regret the purchase but...I DON'T. Nope. Not even a little... This mascara is a gift from the makeup Gods. My lashes are a mile long and separated just right. The 1st time I used it, I had to wash and re-apply as the brush took my inner perfectionist a minute to master but in no time I was wielding that brush like it was made especially for me. And my lashes were fluttering in that minx-ish way I'm known for... utterly divine...except for that nasty lil guilty feeling I couldn't shake. I pondered it over the next few days and came up with an idea that will allow me to keep my long flirty lashes and ease my guilt. I have decided to to take the purchase price of the mascara (around $9.49) and double it (basically $20) and donate that amount to a worthy charity. Perfect. My inner "Audrey Hepburn" is pleased with my decision and so am I.

So I can now give you my review with a clear conscious....5 STARS!! I love it... Now like I said, the brush may take some getting used to but once your comfortable with it, you'll wonder why they didn't come up with it sooner. The lengthening is remarkable and the separation is fantastic. And although I still comb thru the lashes with a brush after application, it's usually not necessary with this product, I'm just a bit of a perfectionist. As I've said, the average price is $9.49 and can be purchased at most drugstores.



Now, as for my charitable "justification"... If you are so moved to do the same I suggest one of these two fantastic charities:

"Lost Ones Foundation": Founded by Tameka Raymond, The Lost Ones Foundation, Inc. is an independent non-profit organization established in 2009 which serves an alienated, marginalized community of young women who are often ignored, set aside, disregarded or ultimately dismissed as "The Lost Ones".

It is the intent of The
Lost Ones Foundation, Inc. to equip these young women with the tools that will encourage them to thrive, which ultimately sets them in motion to elevate the next generation. Through the building of self-esteem, there are so many obstacles that can be overcome. We want the participants to know that we are here with open arms and that "You are not alone." <~A very worthy charity.

I love what they are doing for these young ladies.
The Epilepsy Foundation: As you all know from a previous post this is "Epilepsy Awareness Month" and it's also a cause near and dear to my heart. The Epilepsy Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure so "Not Another Moment Is Lost To Seizures". The foundation offers many services from educating people about the condition to helping people affected by the disease and raising funds for research. An excellent charity doing amazing things for people living with epilepsy.

Charity and Compassion are always GLAMOROUS...xoxo

Kisses Bitches...
Glamour Whore...xoxo