.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

"5 Questions For...Dani Founder and Editor-In-Chief of "FerOHHHsh"

Follow my blog with bloglovin´

"Create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others."
-Orson Welles

It's Tuesday. Well technically it's Wednesday but in "Glamour Whore Galaxy" it's still Tuesday because I said so:) Anyway... Tuesday is "5 Questions For..." Day. I am really starting to love Tuesdays.

This week I picked the oh-so fabulous Dani, Founder/Editor-In-Chief of
"FerOHHHsh".



I picked Dani and am so glad she graciously agreed for many reasons. I'll give you a few:

1) She's just damn impressive. She is a certified cosmetologist and also a fashion stylist. Meaning...she has hair/makeup/fashion skills and knowledge. A triple threat. Gotta love that...

2) I am addicted to her blog.
http://www.ferohhhsh.com/ A must read for any Glamour Whore. Some people write about fashion and some people LIVE fashion...she LIVES fashion and it shows. Her blog is enthralling and you need to read it regularly. Because I said so. Hurry up.

3) She love love loves nail polish. And I so look forward to her "twitpics" of new colors. Check out her latest nails...they are a brilliant BLUE and FABULOUS...by following her on Twitter @Coutortured

4) She's great at "DIY Fashion"...I appreciate that because me and "DIY" do not equal success.

5) Mz.Dani is the most "Blogger-friendly" person I know. I hate to say it but some people aren't that friendly towards their fellow bloggers. Like it's a competition or something... Get over yourselves. Dani is the opposite, she encourages interaction, is generous with advice and calls attention to other's blogs and posts.

6) Ok, this reason is very important. Pay attention. A month or so ago, Dani's very close and much loved friend Ellen was in a horrific car accident. Ellen is a vivacious, beautiful 26 y/o woman that is very near and dear to Dani's heart. She is a coma, although stable and improving everyday despite the fact that her injuries are rarely survivable, she is a very strong woman. Ellen's family set up a website and donation page, as her injuries are incurring astounding medical bills...prayers are also seriously needed and appreciated.The website is called
"Ellen's Prayer". Dani is trying to come up with fundraising event ideas. Anyone and/or resources (a fab event idea, a venue, sponsorship, etc) you can email Dani at Dani@ferohhhsh.com

So now that you know a few of the reasons that I am thrilled she agreed to this...

"5 Questions For...Dani Founder and Editor-In-Chief of
"FerOHHHsh"

1) Do you have a signature scent? And if so... What is it and why do you love it?

I actually have two, currently. Narciso by Narciso Rodriguez...definitely my go-to. I remember when it first came out, I was working in Nordstrom at Smashbox, and the girl at the Lancome counter introduced me to it, and I had to have it. It smells amazing, I get so many compliments. Second is a cheapie that I've been wearing since high school (I'm dating myself, now lol) Auric Blends perfume oil in Egyptian Goddess. This is my real signature... but it was a lot more rare back then. I never used to tell people what it was, but now its recognizable so the jig is up, haha. To this day whenever I wear it I get stopped at least once and told how amazing I smell. And it's super cheap, like $6 for a rollerball that lasts forever. LOVE. I'll wear this until the day I die.



2) False Eyelashes... Love em or Hate em?

If by love em you mean "never leaves the house without em" , then love. And I most usually wear two pairs at a time. My favorite are the demi wispies, they're perfect for a sexy eye look, and they look good on everybody. The trick is trimming to fit your eye, and also perfectly timing the glue...it has to be tacky. I apply glue to strip, wait exactly 30 secs (I time with my phone timer), and then apply. I wear them so often, it takes me like a minute to apply, faster than applying mascara. If you're newer to it and can't seem to get it right, aside from those tricks it helps to cut the strip in half and apply in sections. Then line with black liner to hide the lash surgery, lol. You can also do this if you wear two pairs, only cut the first. once the sections are placed, add another full strip on top.




3) If you had to nominate 3 beauty products into the "Beauty Product Hall Of Fame" what would they be?

Oh boy...only three? I'd have to say Lancome Effacernes concealer, Aquaphor, and Shu Uemura eyelash curler. the Effacernes is lightweight, covers everything, and melts into skin. Aquaphor is versatile - chapped lips, ragged cuticles, eye gloss, condition/darken eyelashes, soothe, moisturize, you name it. And the eyelash curler? Helloooo pretty eyes- with or without mascara.



4) How do you keep your skin so beautiful? (You really have gorgeous skin!!)

Thank you! I actually did a post about it here (
http://www.ferohhhsh.com/2009/10/beauty-411-ferohhhsh-faves-for-flawless.html)

With the barrage of products out there, it's easy to get confused and do more damage than good. I love beauty products as much as the next person, but when it comes to skin, LESS IS MORE! My routine is really simple.... I wash my face with Aveeno Moisturizing bar, and moisturize with Bare Escentuals Rare Minerals Purely Nourishing Moisture. I switched to mineral foundation. But more importantly, I PAY ATTENTION to my skin. I don't suffocate it in product, and I only do whats needed. Some days, I may need eye cream so I'll use it. Some days I don't, so I skip it. i only exfoliate when necessary... might be 2x a week, might be 2 times a month! Some days I don't even need moisturizer. Some people don't know realize it, but using a bunch of products that your skin doesn't need can actually have an ADVERSE effect. Seriously, it's hard to leave it alone when you're a product junkie like me, but its worth it. My skin has never looked better.




5) What is your biggest beauty pet peeve on others?

Ok, this is easy - I can't stand when girls wear the lightest, whitest, flesh toned lipstick that they can find. otherwise pretty girls, flawless makeup, pretty hair, CORPSE LIPS. It's not sexy, you look like an idiot. Just STOP. can anyone really find me ONE guy who thinks this is an attractive look? I have a friend whose wife does this, and it's a shame because otherwise she is one of the most attractive girls I've seen....I just want to hold her down and scrub her lips.
This goes double for those who line their corpse lips with the darkest brown liner that they can find. I've had to refrain from bitchslapping a few of you. One day I'm going to lose my restraint...consider yourself warned.

*****Bonus Question*****

*Favorite scent on a man? I'm going to date myself again here...but throughout the years, through all of the scent innovations...nothing gets me like old-school Fahrenheit. YUM ;)



Great answers! Thanx so much Dani:)

Be sure to bookmark
FerOHHHsh and follow Dani on Twitter . Also, please stop by "Ellen's Page" and say a much needed and so appreciated prayer.

For project inquiries/proposals or just plain good beauty/fashion advice you can email Dani at
Dani@ferohhhsh.com

Kisses Bitches...
Glamour Whore...xoxo